Windows 10: How to Capture Screenshots on Windows 10 and 11

Discus and support How to Capture Screenshots on Windows 10 and 11 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Capturing screenshots on your Windows 10 or 11 device is a common practice that can be useful for a variety of purposes, including documenting software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Mar 12, 2023.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

How to Capture Screenshots on Windows 10 and 11

Capturing screenshots on your Windows 10 or 11 device is a common practice that can be useful for a variety of purposes, including documenting software bugs, creating tutorials, or sharing information with others. There are various methods to capture screenshots on your Windows device, each with its own unique set of features and functionalities.

In this article, we will explore different ways to capture screenshots on Windows, including using the built-in Snipping Tool and Game Bar, pressing the PrtSc key, and using third-party screenshot applications. By the end of this article, you will have a better understanding of how to capture high-quality screenshots quickly and efficiently.

Use the Snipping Tool

• To capture a screenshot on Windows, use the Snipping Tool application.
    • Access the Snipping Tool by navigating to the Start menu and searching for it in the search bar.
    • The Snipping Tool offers a variety of screenshot methods to choose from, including Rectangle Snip, Freeform Snip, Window Snip, and Fullscreen Snip.
    • These options are located at the top of the Snipping Tool overlay.
    • Select the method that best fits your requirements.
    • Use your cursor to select the region you want to capture.
    • Once you've positioned your cursor over the desired region, release the cursor to capture your snapshot.

The Snipping Tool makes capturing high-quality screenshots a simple and efficient process.

Related: How to open registry editor on Windows 11

How to Capture Screenshots on Windows 10 and 11 SnippingLight.jpg

Use the PrtSc key

• To take a screenshot on your computer, use the PrtSc (Print Screen) key.
    • The PrtSc key is typically located in the top row of your keyboard, near the function keys.
    • To capture a screenshot using the PrtSc key, simply press and hold the key.
    • This will capture a screenshot of your entire screen and save it to your clipboard.
    • From there, you can paste the screenshot into an image editor or document of your choice.

Using the PrtSc key is a convenient and easy way to capture screenshots quickly and efficiently. By using this method, you can capture and share information and visuals with others effortlessly.

Use the Game Bar

• To access the Game Bar, press the Win + G key combination on your keyboard.
    • Navigate to the Capture area, located in the top-left corner of the screen.
    • Use the Take screenshot option to capture a screenshot of your current screen.
    • Use the Record button to capture a video of your screen or take a screenshot of a specific window.

Using the Game Bar to capture screenshots and videos is a useful and straightforward method. This method is particularly helpful for those who need to capture images or video footage for presentations, tutorials, or work-related purposes. The Game Bar's built-in features make it easy to capture high-quality visuals quickly and effortlessly.

How to Capture Screenshots on Windows 10 and 11 Gamebar.jpg

Search the internet for a third-party solution

If you're looking for a more feature-rich screenshot application, you may want to consider searching for one on the internet. There are various screenshot apps available, each with their own unique set of features and functionalities.

To find a screenshot app that suits your needs, you can perform a simple search on the internet using your preferred search engine. You can use keywords such as "screenshot app," "screen capture software," or "screen recording tool" to find relevant results.

Once you have a list of potential screenshot apps, you can compare their features, pricing, user reviews, and ratings to determine which one is the best fit for you. Some popular options include Snagit, Greenshot, Lightshot, and ShareX, among others.

By using a dedicated screenshot app, you can have more control over your screenshots, including the ability to annotate, edit, and save them in various formats. This can be especially useful for professionals who require high-quality screenshots for their work or personal projects.

Related: Windows 11 File Explorer is getting a Recommended section

Screenshots made simple

There are various methods to capture screenshots on your Windows 10 and 11 devices, including using the built-in Snipping Tool or Game Bar, pressing the PrtSc key, or using a third-party screenshot application. Each method has its own unique set of features and functionalities, allowing you to capture high-quality visuals quickly and effortlessly. By choosing the method that best fits your needs, you can streamline your workflow and enhance your productivity when it comes to capturing and sharing information and visuals with others.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post How to Capture Screenshots on Windows 10 and 11 appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Mar 12, 2023
  2. _ko85_ Win User

Windows 10 Screenshot only capturing partial window

After my upgrade to Windows 10, whenever I try to take a screenshot I'm only able to capture the top, left portion of the screen. It's as if if taking a zoomed in capture. My resolution settings are set at the recommended settings and the captures are being
    listed as "full screen". Does anyone have a solution?

How to Capture Screenshots on Windows 10 and 11 [​IMG]

_ko85_, Mar 12, 2023
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    Screen Capture software

Hi,

Upon checking on your concern, we have found a suggestion that may help you take a screenshot of the dropdown menu using the Snipping tool. Please follow the steps below:

• Launch Snipping tool.
    • Right-click the menu you wish to take a screenshot.
    • Press CTRL + Fn+ Print Scrn.
    • Once you've already taken the print screen of the menu, you may try using the snipping tool and check if it will be able to capture the drop down menu.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Mar 12, 2023
  4. How to Capture Screenshots on Windows 10 and 11

windows 10 snippit capture

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing screen captures obtained from snipping tool. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if the issue is confined to any specific capture that you have obtained?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.

• Press Windows
      key and type updates.

• Click on Check for updates.

• Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.

• Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 12, 2023
Thema:

How to Capture Screenshots on Windows 10 and 11

1. How to Capture Screenshots on Windows 10 and 11 - Similar Threads - Capture Screenshots

2. How to capture screenshot using PrtSc Key without opening Snipping Tool?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to capture screenshot using PrtSc Key without opening Snipping Tool?: Hi,I used to be able to press the PrtSc key and would automatically get a full-screen capture saved to clipboard. On other computers pressing PrtSc led to a sort of menu popping up, allowing for the capture of part or all of the screen. After making a selection, it would...
  3. How to capture screenshot using PrtSc Key without opening Snipping Tool?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to capture screenshot using PrtSc Key without opening Snipping Tool?: Hi,I used to be able to press the PrtSc key and would automatically get a full-screen capture saved to clipboard. On other computers pressing PrtSc led to a sort of menu popping up, allowing for the capture of part or all of the screen. After making a selection, it would...
  4. I can't use Windows + Prt sc button to capture the full screen Screenshot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't use Windows + Prt sc button to capture the full screen Screenshot: Windows + Prt Sc is not working for full screen after 23h2 update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-use-windows-prt-sc-button-to-capture-the/98eeb62b-2cf4-456c-a9b2-8e1532a10b60
  5. I can't use Windows + Prt sc button to capture the full screen Screenshot

I can't use Windows + Prt sc button to capture the full screen Screenshot: Windows + Prt Sc is not working for full screen after 23h2 update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-use-windows-prt-sc-button-to-capture-the/98eeb62b-2cf4-456c-a9b2-8e1532a10b60
  6. How can I capture more than 256 screenshots with XBox Game Bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I capture more than 256 screenshots with XBox Game Bar?: I record screenshots of a Chrome Browser using XBox Game Bar v 5.823.3261.0 on Windows 10.I press Win+G to bring up the XBox Game Bar, then use the shortcut of Win+Alt+PrtScn. I keep the folder of my screenshots open, and when it hits 256 screenshots, it doesn't capture any...
  7. How can I capture more than 256 screenshots with XBox Game Bar?

How can I capture more than 256 screenshots with XBox Game Bar?: I record screenshots of a Chrome Browser using XBox Game Bar v 5.823.3261.0 on Windows 10.I press Win+G to bring up the XBox Game Bar, then use the shortcut of Win+Alt+PrtScn. I keep the folder of my screenshots open, and when it hits 256 screenshots, it doesn't capture any...
  8. hello, do you guys know how to put back the old screenshot feature wherein it captures the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello, do you guys know how to put back the old screenshot feature wherein it captures the...: hello, do you guys know how to put back the old screenshot feature wherein it captures the whole screen? because the new update became a snipping tool and I don't like it. Please help me, thanks!...
  9. hello, do you guys know how to put back the old screenshot feature wherein it captures the...

hello, do you guys know how to put back the old screenshot feature wherein it captures the...: hello, do you guys know how to put back the old screenshot feature wherein it captures the whole screen? because the new update became a snipping tool and I don't like it. Please help me, thanks!...
  10. When capturing windows+prtsc, Is there any way to save screenshot file at jpg, not...

in Windows 10 Customization
    When capturing windows+prtsc, Is there any way to save screenshot file at jpg, not...: All of the explanations of this only says convert png to jpg after captured. That's not the answer I wanted.I want to set windows built-in screenshot default value png to jpg.If it's impossible, then I'd also like to know what converter recommended .exe available, reliable,...