Windows 10: How to change a DirectX level?

Discus and support How to change a DirectX level? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have played a game on Steam on my pc for over a year now, never had any problems until recently. An error message comes up and says that my Directx... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by painkyller, Apr 7, 2021.

1. How to change a DirectX level?

I have played a game on Steam on my pc for over a year now, never had any problems until recently. An error message comes up and says that my Directx level is causing errors because it is set at "90". How do I set the Level below that? I have DirectX 12 currently and it is showing levels of 12_11_ and some 10s. Just curious. The game crashes not long after I start playing and haven't had this problem until a week ago.

:)

painkyller, Apr 7, 2021
  2. Graeme.P Win User

DirectX Feature level 11.1

Hi K_B_S, I'm Graeme, an independent adviser here to help.

It'll help to know what version of DirectX you currently have installed, so try these steps:

- Click Start and type dxdiag

- Press Enter

- After a moment, the DirectX Diagnostic Tool will appear, and at the bottom of the window you should see your DirectX version.

Now you'll know what version of DirectX you're currently running, you can compare that to the list of DirectX 11.1 supported graphics cards to see if your system can support it:

http://solidlystated.com/hardware/list-of-direc...

Hopefully that helps! Please let me know if you need further support! Thanks!

Note: Non-Microsoft websites are linked. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Graeme.P, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Jacqui_AB Win User
    DirectX Feature Level

I have recently updated my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 but the software package I'm trying to run has an error message saying I need feature level 11 on the DirectX but I only have up to feature level 10. I have DirectX 12 on the laptop. How do
    I update the feature?

Jacqui_AB, Apr 7, 2021
  4. How to change a DirectX level?

Directx 12 on Windows 10 is gone

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to check the DirectX Version installed on your system.

Follow the below steps to check the DirectX Version:

• Press Windows key + R from the Desktop.
    • Type dxdiag and hit Enter.
    • Check the DirectX Version.

Step 2:

I suggest you to update the Graphic driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R on the Keyboard.
    • Type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Select Graphic driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

How to change a DirectX level?

1. How to change a DirectX level? - Similar Threads - change DirectX level

2. DirectX Feature Level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX Feature Level: Why does task manager performance tab show directx feature level 12.1 and dxdiag show feature level 12.2? Why doesn't task manager say 12.2 feature level?Task Manager=========================================================================================DXDIAG...
  3. DirectX Feature Level

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX Feature Level: Why does task manager performance tab show directx feature level 12.1 and dxdiag show feature level 12.2? Why doesn't task manager say 12.2 feature level?Task Manager=========================================================================================DXDIAG...
  4. DirectX 11.0 feature level card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 11.0 feature level card: Hi i was wondering what to do when i try to open apex legends it sys DirectX 11.0 feature level card what does this mean??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directx-110-feature-level-card/0542b004-d805-4e64-ac42-7f437795f664
  5. DirectX 11.0 feature level card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX 11.0 feature level card: Hi i was wondering what to do when i try to open apex legends it sys DirectX 11.0 feature level card what does this mean??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directx-110-feature-level-card/0542b004-d805-4e64-ac42-7f437795f664
  6. Directx 11 Feature level 10.0 required

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directx 11 Feature level 10.0 required: Hi, I'm using a HP elitebook 8540p using processor intel core i5 580M and graphics nvidia nvs 5100m. When opening a game, the error "Directx 11 Feature level 10.0 required" keeps showing. I have latest drivers installed and latest windows as well. I also have lastest...
  7. New in DirectX - Feature Level 12_2

in Windows 10 News
    New in DirectX - Feature Level 12_2: What’s a feature level? If you’re a game developer who has spent any amount of time with computer hardware, or perhaps a computer game which simulates working with it, you will know that graphics cards are not all the same. There’s...
  8. Directx 12 and level feature 10.0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directx 12 and level feature 10.0: I installed Valorant since I can play in the closed beta, but it pops up the error message of "Dx 11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine" even though I have Dx12 with 10.0 as one of the levels. I've updated windows with any additional updates that were optional...
  9. DirectX Feature Level

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX Feature Level: I have recently updated my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 but the software package I'm trying to run has an error message saying I need feature level 11 on the DirectX but I only have up to feature level 10. I have DirectX 12 on the laptop. How do I update the feature?...
  10. DirectX Feature level 11.1

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX Feature level 11.1: Hello, Some features in a 3D software I am using are unavailable to me because my system does not have DirectX Feature level 11.1. I was wondering if that is something my card cannot handle or if it is something that I have to install? I tried to search for the directX...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change directs level for games

2. can direct x version be changed