Windows 10: How to change a Microsoft email login when you no longer have access to the original email...

Discus and support How to change a Microsoft email login when you no longer have access to the original email... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Upon getting another boring Microsoft operating system for a desktop computer several years ago, the system made me create a login to streamline... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Dwp666, Jul 21, 2023.

1. Dwp666 Win User

How to change a Microsoft email login when you no longer have access to the original email...

Upon getting another boring Microsoft operating system for a desktop computer several years ago, the system made me create a login to streamline everything ya know in Windows sign-in. Well, that *aol* e-mail address was terminated not long after and I've been trying to figure out how to change my Microsoft login email WITHOUT access to the original email. Why can you can change the backup security email but not the main e-mail address for your system when you don't have access to it? Why has the system allowed me to wait 30 days to have this supposed info updated 6 times only for it not

:)

Dwp666, Jul 21, 2023
  2. otosnede Win User

User account info lost after changing login email

How to change a Microsoft email login when you no longer have access to the original email... 40337d1485957652t-user-account-info-lost-after-changing-login-email-snip_20150930112542.png

I recently changed my main Microsoft account login email and after doing so, all my 10 machines no longer show my name on the login screen (shows my email address twice) or in the Start menu (only shows the email address) and as you can see in the above screenshot, permissions no longer show as my login and email address.

Things I've done so far to try and correct it:
    1. Change my account to local login, then back to my Microsoft login, which temporarily corrected it, but then after a few restarts, the info gets lost again
    2. Manually added my name in Computer Management > System Tools > Local Users and Groups > Users... this fixed it, but again, only until a restart
    Has anyone else experienced something like this and no of a way to correct it (and make it stick)?

otosnede, Jul 21, 2023
  3. How do you change Microsoft account login email?

I no longer have access to my Microsoft account login email, and I was wondering how to change my login email without creating a new account.

JessicaHamilton5595, Jul 21, 2023
  4. newtekie1 Win User

How to change a Microsoft email login when you no longer have access to the original email...

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jul 21, 2023
Thema:

1. How to change a Microsoft email login when you no longer have access to the original email... - Similar Threads - change Microsoft email

2. How to add alias email address when account email address is no longer accessible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add alias email address when account email address is no longer accessible?: I am trying to access my daughter’s Microsoft account Minecraft related issue to add an alias email address as the email address associated with the Microsoft account is no longer accessible.I can access the Microsoft account ok, but the problem occurs when trying to add the...
  3. How to add alias email address when account email address is no longer accessible?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to add alias email address when account email address is no longer accessible?: I am trying to access my daughter’s Microsoft account Minecraft related issue to add an alias email address as the email address associated with the Microsoft account is no longer accessible.I can access the Microsoft account ok, but the problem occurs when trying to add the...
  4. How to change a Microsoft email login when you no longer have access to the original email...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change a Microsoft email login when you no longer have access to the original email...: Upon getting another boring Microsoft operating system for a desktop computer several years ago, the system made me create a login to streamline everything ya know in Windows sign-in. Well, that *aol* e-mail address was terminated not long after and I've been trying to figure...
  5. How to change a Microsoft email login when you no longer have access to the original email...

How to change a Microsoft email login when you no longer have access to the original email...: Upon getting another boring Microsoft operating system for a desktop computer several years ago, the system made me create a login to streamline everything ya know in Windows sign-in. Well, that *aol* e-mail address was terminated not long after and I've been trying to figure...
  6. Retrieve login PIN when email no longer accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieve login PIN when email no longer accessible: I am trying to help my mother with regaining access to her to her Windows computer. She is not technically literate, so I did my best in putting together what might have happened, apologies in advance if there are gaps in the story Ultimate Goal: Give my mother access to her...
  7. Retrieve login PIN when email no longer accessible

Retrieve login PIN when email no longer accessible: I am trying to help my mother with regaining access to her to her Windows computer. She is not technically literate, so I did my best in putting together what might have happened, apologies in advance if there are gaps in the story Ultimate Goal: Give my mother access to her...
  8. How to change the Microsoft email for the login user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change the Microsoft email for the login user: I bought a new laptop for my son. During the initial setup, the login username was his name. But the Microsoft account was using my email. Now he has his own Microsoft account, how can I update his user with his email? I do not wish to create a new user. Is it possible for...
  9. Changed primary alias, can no longer login to original email account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changed primary alias, can no longer login to original email account: A couple of weeks ago I became aware that my microsoft account had been compromised, so I changed my password, added a new email as my primary alias, and then blocked login access through the original email. I did not delete the old email from my microsoft account, only...
  10. Login email is no longer mine, but password is the same; how do I change the email...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Login email is no longer mine, but password is the same; how do I change the email...: My daughter recently logged into my windows 10 computer to play minecraft. She did not sign me out of my account, but instead went on xbox live to login with her own account. Since then, my computer has had her email address marked as my own on my admin pc account and my...