Windows 10: How to change a screensavers posistion on screen.

Discus and support How to change a screensavers posistion on screen. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Here's my issue, using windows 10 pro (1809). And my setup is laptop screen on the left, 16:9 screen on the right (This is set as main display).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by majesticmadman, Jan 21, 2019.

1. How to change a screensavers posistion on screen.

Hi,

Here's my issue, using windows 10 pro (1809). And my setup is laptop screen on the left, 16:9 screen on the right (This is set as main display). Changing main display or which way round the screen is not a solution for this issue.

So when in single screen using either just the laptop or just the 16:9 the image is fine, the problems start when using two screen, of different size.

The screensaver images will scale to my main screen size, which is fine. But they don't position based on that. The image(Laptop left, 16:9 right) displays as below, where as I need it just on the main screen.

How to change a screensavers posistion on screen. fecd2f21-dd27-4c1d-8a29-a4b15d8f7d4d?upload=true.png

:)

majesticmadman, Jan 21, 2019
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.How to change a screensavers posistion on screen. :)

terrace, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Setting Picture Screensaver for Multiple Screens

Hi Daryan,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I like to know; are you using any third-party screensaver?

If yes I suggest you to change the screensaver to Windows default screensavers and check if it helps.

To set the Screensaver on the extended display, follow the below steps:

Step 1: Right-click on a blank area of your desktop and select “Personalize.”

Step 2: Click “Screen Saver” at the bottom-right corner of the window.

Step 3: Select the desired screen saver from the drop-down menu and indicate a “wait” time in minutes. The screensaver will come on automatically after the computer has been idle for that period of time.

Step 4: Check the “On resume, display logon screen” for added security, if desired. This feature requires you to enter your password when resuming your Windows session.

Step 5: Click “Apply” and then “OK.”

Step 6: Click on the “Display” link at the bottom left.

Step 7: Click “Adjust Resolution” on the left.

Step 8: Choose “Extend these displays” from the Multiple Displays drop-down menu if you’d like a single screensaver to travel across both displays. Click “Duplicate these displays” if you want a duplicated screen
    saver to display on each monitor.

Step 9: Click “OK.”

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 21, 2019
  4. How to change a screensavers posistion on screen.

How to change the screensaver for Windows 10

Hi

Thanks for this comment. Your suggestion concerns the image(s) displayed as background. I already do this for the background.

My question did not concern the background but rather the screen saver. I can send the screensaver to an (in my computer) image directory containing any number of files (say 100). The screensaver picks only a limited number (I haven't counted, but it's
    about 20). The screen saver stays with that set, displaying them in the same order on each repetition through the images. My question is whether it is possible to dislodge the built in screensaver from fixating on the same small set of images and displaying
    them in the same order? Of course, the image set will change if I change image source directories, but the problem repeats if I do (though with a new set of 20ish images from the new directory).

Any work-arounds?

Thanks

Howard

HowardBarkan, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

How to change a screensavers posistion on screen.

1. How to change a screensavers posistion on screen. - Similar Threads - change screensavers posistion

2. Mircrosoft screensaver change automatically.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mircrosoft screensaver change automatically.: Hi, I have Windows 11. My PC was set where Microsoft would change my screensaver automatically and I would vote whether I liked an image or not. It disappeared. I really want it back. How can I do this? I don't want wallpaper, just my screensaver to change image like before....
  3. Mircrosoft screensaver change automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mircrosoft screensaver change automatically.: Hi, I have Windows 11. My PC was set where Mircrosoft would change my screensavers automatically and I would vote whether I liked an image or not. It disappeared. I really want it back. How can I do this? I don't want wallpaper, just my screensaver to change image like...
  4. Screensaver Dimming Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver Dimming Screen: I just got an Dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop with Windows 11, and I added my favorite screensaver to it. However, whenever it turns on, the brightness turns all the way down. This happens if it is plugged in or not. It only happens if it is natural, not if I use the test...
  5. Screensaver Dimming Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screensaver Dimming Screen: I just got an Dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop with Windows 11, and I added my favorite screensaver to it. However, whenever it turns on, the brightness turns all the way down. This happens if it is plugged in or not. It only happens if it is natural, not if I use the test...
  6. Change screen brightness when switching to screensaver

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Change screen brightness when switching to screensaver: Is there a way to make it so that my brightness is set to just below max when my screensaver comes on? At the minute, i can't see the image very well cause of the brightness, and I'd rather not have to manually set it and change the brightness for the whole screen....
  7. Changing my screensaver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing my screensaver: The Appearance and Personalisation tab seems to have disappeared from my Control Panel. Now I cannot find how to change my screensaver photos. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-my-screensaver/2dffbbf6-5e23-4b9d-a0b8-e7b29874893c
  8. how do I change wallpaper or screensaver on desktop

how do I change wallpaper or screensaver on desktop: how do I change wallpaper or screensaver on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-wallpaper-or-screensaver-on/33471cd4-a3f7-4636-8ebb-25e7564c26d8
  9. Screensaver Changes Won't Save

Screensaver Changes Won't Save: I have a folder assigned for screensaver photos. In setting up my screensaver I browse and select that folder. It has worked perfectly for two years. Now when screensaver kicks in it scrolls through every photo I have saved on my computer. I go in, reset my screensaver photo...
  10. How to change Screensaver timeout settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Screensaver timeout settings in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Screensaver is a cool feature in Windows which lets you display animation or automatic change your wallpaper when you are not using the computer. It can also time out and lock the device when left idle for a long [...] This post How to change Screensaver...