Windows 10: how to change a user from local user

Discus and support how to change a user from local user in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How the heck do I change a user account(admin type) from being a local user, when I need to log into a network?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SPOKANEPADGETT, Jan 1, 2019.

1. how to change a user from local user

How the heck do I change a user account(admin type) from being a local user, when I need to log into a network?

:)

SPOKANEPADGETT, Jan 1, 2019

2. How to Change Microsoft user account to local user account

Hi Pchelpmenow,

At this situation, what I can suggest you is you have to convert the Microsoft user account to local user account.

• Log to the system using her user account.

• Go to settings and click on Accounts.

• Click on Your email and accounts and click on
      Sign-in with a local account instead.

• Enter the password, click on Next
      and follow the onscreen instruction to convert into local account.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result for further assistance.

Thank you.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 1, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jan 1, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

how to change a user from local user

Unable to set restriction for local user in Windows 10

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• How did you noticed that user is still able to access the drive?

• Did you log into the local user account and check the permission?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to restrict the user.

• In File Explorer, right click on the drive which you want to restrict.
    • Click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Click on Edit to change the permissions.
    • Uncheck all the permission for system.
    • Click OK and make sure the change is applied to all subfolders and files.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

how to change a user from local user

1. how to change a user from local user - Similar Threads - change user local

2. Local users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local users: I was trying to find the super admin account i saw on youtube and i went to check computer management it is not there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-users/be14c01f-d712-4170-9943-dea67bfeceab
  3. Local users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local users: I was trying to find the super admin account i saw on youtube and i went to check computer management it is not there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-users/be14c01f-d712-4170-9943-dea67bfeceab
  4. change name of "local user"

in Windows 10 Customization
    change name of "local user": On my laptop windows 10 I am called "local user" how can I change this to my name? I know it's petty but I hate it! simple directions pretty please :- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-name-of-local-user/d800757d-ee90-454b-9c52-5af36779d1cd
  5. Change Local User into MicroSoft Accout

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change Local User into MicroSoft Accout: Win 10 Pro 1803 Details regarding my desire to change as little as possible: Using this PC as server for two other win 10 PCs on home network. All very old, barely able to run win 10, activations from win7, were XP (server), XP and Vista. Activations for none appear...
  6. Changing to a local user account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing to a local user account.: Hey guys, I am thinking of changing to a local user account. My main questions is, when there is a windows update (1809 to 1903) would my personal settings be still there when i upgrade or will I have to redo my settings? Also, if I change to a local account, would that...
  7. Changing Dial-In Permissions for a Local User

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Dial-In Permissions for a Local User: Hi, I'm trying to set up a Workgroup server running Win2012R2 Server Core (i.e no Domain so no AD Based solutions, please) to act as a VPN server for an SSTP VPN. I have everything going using a combination of Powershell and RSAT from Win10 Pro EXCEPT giving the local user...
  8. Changing from local user to Microsoft account user, windows password not known.

Changing from local user to Microsoft account user, windows password not known.: I changed to a local user on my PC, I think this was a pop up suggestion by windows, now my laptop and PC won't communicate. I want to switch back to my Microsoft account sign in on my PC Clicking 'sign in with Microsoft account instead' on 'your info' page under...
  9. Local user

Local user: Hello, I made local user with out microsoft acount, but when I stert comouter I can find local user profile. Only admin profile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/local-user/4301e4ab-35a0-4b97-bae0-9b1efb10a9a3"
  10. Proper (Safe) way to change from "Microsoft.com" User to Local User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Proper (Safe) way to change from "Microsoft.com" User to Local User: Howdy All - I'm thinking I'm not the first nor the last to have MS trick me into changing my User Name from Local to (in my case) an outlook.com email account. Now I'm forced to sign in every time I log on. And FWIW, I prefer to be fully in charge of my devices. - I surely...