Windows 10: How to change access type from write access to read-only to all folders in one time?

Discus and support How to change access type from write access to read-only to all folders in one time? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a file system which created many personal folders to different individuals. Each folder has its own owners with write access. But for now, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Justin Wa, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Justin Wa Win User

How to change access type from write access to read-only to all folders in one time?

I have a file system which created many personal folders to different individuals. Each folder has its own owners with write access. But for now, I want to change all the owners permission to read-only:

Examples for folder/access design:

Root folder - Leve1

Subfolders in Level2 -

A folder - with the following access granted - Admin with full control. User A with write access;

B folder - with the following access granted - Admin with full control. User B with write access;

C folder - with the following access granted - Admin with full control. User C with write access;

D folder - with the following access granted - Admin with full control. User D with write access;

Now I want to change the permission design as :

A folder - with the following access granted - Admin with full control. User A with read access;

B folder - with the following access granted - Admin with full control. User B with read access;

C folder - with the following access granted - Admin with full control. User C with read access;

D folder - with the following access granted - Admin with full control. User D with read access;

How can I change the permission to each folder in one time? via some commands? scripts? or other most quicker way?

How can I change the permission to Only user A and User B but keep C/D as it is?

Thanks!

:)

Justin Wa, Aug 19, 2020

2. MCHBAR read access failed

Hi everyone,

Trying to install TechPowerUp GPU-Z v0.3.8 but i keep getting...MCHBAR read access failed, any suggestions???

dondre1992, Aug 19, 2020
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Destination Folder Access Denied

Hi,

There are times that you may run into the issue of being unable to open or access or work with files and folder. The common message that flashes on your computer screen when you try doing so reads: "Access Denied."

This can occur for one or more of the following reasons:

• The folder ownership may have changed.
    • You do not have the proper permissions.
    • The file may be encrypted.
    • The file may be in use.
    • The file may be corrupt.
    • The user profile may be corrupt.
    To resolve this issue, the first step is to run CHKDSK. It detects and fix disk corruption. To run CHKDSK, follow these steps:

• Press Win+X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the window that opens enter your CHKDSK command.
    Get back to us to if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Aug 19, 2020
  4. enso Win User

How to change access type from write access to read-only to all folders in one time?

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

1. How to change access type from write access to read-only to all folders in one time? - Similar Threads - change access type

2. How do I regain read-write access for files and folders on a HDD?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I regain read-write access for files and folders on a HDD?: I have a number of HDDs that I wish to copy files from and place them on other drives. I cannot do this as the files and directories claim that they are read only and any attempt to add permissions for 'EVERYONE' or any other designation, seems to go well until the saved...
  3. How do I regain read-write access for files and folders on a HDD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I regain read-write access for files and folders on a HDD?: I have a number of HDDs that I wish to copy files from and place them on other drives. I cannot do this as the files and directories claim that they are read only and any attempt to add permissions for 'EVERYONE' or any other designation, seems to go well until the saved...
  4. Why can't I change my documents folder from Read Only to Read and Write?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I change my documents folder from Read Only to Read and Write?: I've been trying for 3 days now, but every time I change it in properties it changes right back to Read Only, I am well and truly stumpedI am on Windows 11 Home, I am using Avast Antivirus but I have disabled protection of the folder in Avast's ransomware protection settings,...
  5. Why can't I change my documents folder from Read Only to Read and Write?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I change my documents folder from Read Only to Read and Write?: I've been trying for 3 days now, but every time I change it in properties it changes right back to Read Only, I am well and truly stumpedI am on Windows 11 Home, I am using Avast Antivirus but I have disabled protection of the folder in Avast's ransomware protection settings,...
  6. Read/Write Folder inside Read only folder

Read/Write Folder inside Read only folder: Look, I'm trying to make Remote Storage by sharing a folder in this case is "networkDrive", the root. Hosted by mapping network drive.Inside the folder, there are 2 folders:viewed using the mapped network driveThe "networkDrive" folder is supposed to be read only - meaning...
  7. All Folders Read Only - Cannot Be Changed

All Folders Read Only - Cannot Be Changed: Hello everyone. As the title states, all of my folders throughout windows 10 have set themselves to read only and I am unable to change this back no matter what I try. This is the first time I have wanted to edit something a set of photo's since before Christmas and now I...
  8. Updated Windows, unable to change read / write access!

in Windows 10 Support
    Updated Windows, unable to change read / write access!: Full title: Updated Windows (from 1809 to 1903), dealing with inability to change permissions, read and write access on an older, corrupted instance of Windows I kept around for game storage! Yeah I ended up dealing with OS corruption and luckily had a back-up that I fell...
  9. Sharing folders with write access

Sharing folders with write access: I have a need to share some folders/directories with write access on a small office network. I can't figure out how to do this now. What's needed: Some machines have write access to some folders, everything has read-access to everything shared we don't need or desire...
  10. Help on giving a program full read-write access for all files & folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help on giving a program full read-write access for all files & folder: I use a program called Advanced Renamer to bulk rename files and folders. One of the features it has is to edit file/folder attributes like Date Created, Date Modified, etc. I am able to rename files and folders just fine. But when it comes to editing the Date Created...