Windows 10: How to change account admin

Discus and support How to change account admin in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I change the admin of my account? It was never verified because, as I have discovered, my email address was incorrectly entered when it was set... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by flodis2, Aug 4, 2020.

1. flodis2 Win User

How to change account admin

How do I change the admin of my account? It was never verified because, as I have discovered, my email address was incorrectly entered when it was set up. I have my address set up now as a family member but cannot delete the incorrect address. Help?!? in simplest steps possible please

:)

flodis2, Aug 4, 2020
  2. C0zzie Win User

How to change admin user account name?

ah so main admin account is 'wizzle' which is what I am currently on
    I make another account called 'wizzle2' (with admin rights)
    I sign out of 'wizzle' and sign into 'wizzle2'.
    And once signed into 'wizzle2', then I do the command prompt step and find the SID for 'wizzle' that is listed and go from there?

C0zzie, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 4, 2020
  4. C0zzie Win User

How to change admin user account name?

Ah so just ignore the 'Brink' and use the 'Brink2' as the example

And step 1 and 2, I was confused at that part also.
    For example, my user account is called for e.g 'wizzle'
    If I want to change the name to 'wizzle2', and by following steps 1 and 2;
    -I sign out of my MS account (step 1)...and then sign in?

I understand the steps 3 onwards but steps 1 and 2 with the sign out/in was confusing :?

C0zzie, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

1. How to change account admin - Similar Threads - change account admin

2. How to change account from being an admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change account from being an admin: I am trying to set up Microsoft family on my computer, everything is working fine except for the fact that the profile I need to set it up on is set as an administrator on the computer. I know about going into settings and going to family and other users to look at the...
  3. How to change account from being an admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change account from being an admin: I am trying to set up Microsoft family on my computer, everything is working fine except for the fact that the profile I need to set it up on is set as an administrator on the computer. I know about going into settings and going to family and other users to look at the...
  4. How to change account from being an admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to change Admin account user name

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change Admin account user name: I am the Admin. How do I change my username that windows 10 displays? It is showing my email address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-admin-account-user-name/1dc3fef3-7784-40a2-9016-c3f65c322e61
  6. How to change Admin account user name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Admin account user name: I am the Admin. How do I change my username that windows 10 displays? It is showing my email address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-admin-account-user-name/1dc3fef3-7784-40a2-9016-c3f65c322e61
  7. How to change Admin account user name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. changing admin while the admin account is locked

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing admin while the admin account is locked: need help changing my pc to this account for admin as its the second time my account has been locked for no reason i dont play on xbox products anymore nor will i again after this has been done. and it seems i cant even manage my computer without it telling me that im account...
  9. How to change admin user account name?

How to change admin user account name?: I am installing the 'Android sdk' software, however when I try select the 'SDK' path, it says something like 'android sdk should not contain whitespace'. I am wondering how I would change my name so it has no space so I can get my issue fixed 92477
  10. How to change admin account to child account

How to change admin account to child account: Hi I recently upgraded a HP computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10 pro using the Windows update/free Upgrade. How can I change my childs admin account to a child account? The account is registered With a Microsoft account and i have added my Microsoft account as a...