Windows 10: How to change account from being an admin

Discus and support How to change account from being an admin in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am trying to set up Microsoft family on my computer, everything is working fine except for the fact that the profile I need to set it up on is set as... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Josh4fy, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Josh4fy Win User

How to change account from being an admin

I am trying to set up Microsoft family on my computer, everything is working fine except for the fact that the profile I need to set it up on is set as an administrator on the computer. I know about going into settings and going to family and other users to look at the profiles and change the account type to standard user, but the problem is this is account does not show up. The other two accounts on the computer show up and are able to be changed but this one is just not there so I have no idea how to change it from being an administrator.

:)

Josh4fy, Mar 20, 2023
  2. C0zzie Win User

How to change admin user account name?

ah so main admin account is 'wizzle' which is what I am currently on
    I make another account called 'wizzle2' (with admin rights)
    I sign out of 'wizzle' and sign into 'wizzle2'.
    And once signed into 'wizzle2', then I do the command prompt step and find the SID for 'wizzle' that is listed and go from there?

C0zzie, Mar 20, 2023
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Mar 20, 2023
  4. How to change account from being an admin

Locked Out of Admin Account

Hello Linda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Is the other user account an admin account?

I suggest you to try using the on screen keyboard at the login page and check if you are able to login to the PC.

1. At the login screen click on the
      ease of access icon at the bottom right hand corner.
    2. Click on the on screen keyboard to open it.
    3. Type the password and try to login.

If you are using a Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer the article on

how to reset your Microsoft account password

However, if you are using a local account, then I suggest you to refer the article on

reset your Windows 10 local account password

Note: While performing these steps, there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 20, 2023
Thema:

How to change account from being an admin

1. How to change account from being an admin - Similar Threads - change account being

2. How to change account from being an admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change account from being an admin: I am trying to set up Microsoft family on my computer, everything is working fine except for the fact that the profile I need to set it up on is set as an administrator on the computer. I know about going into settings and going to family and other users to look at the...
  3. How to change account from being an admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change account from being an admin: I am trying to set up Microsoft family on my computer, everything is working fine except for the fact that the profile I need to set it up on is set as an administrator on the computer. I know about going into settings and going to family and other users to look at the...
  4. How to change Admin account user name

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change Admin account user name: I am the Admin. How do I change my username that windows 10 displays? It is showing my email address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-admin-account-user-name/1dc3fef3-7784-40a2-9016-c3f65c322e61
  5. How to change Admin account user name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change Admin account user name: I am the Admin. How do I change my username that windows 10 displays? It is showing my email address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-admin-account-user-name/1dc3fef3-7784-40a2-9016-c3f65c322e61
  6. How to change account admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change account admin: How do I change the admin of my account? It was never verified because, as I have discovered, my email address was incorrectly entered when it was set up. I have my address set up now as a family member but cannot delete the incorrect address. Help?!? in simplest steps...
  7. How to change admin user account name?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change admin user account name?: I am installing the 'Android sdk' software, however when I try select the 'SDK' path, it says something like 'android sdk should not contain whitespace'. I am wondering how I would change my name so it has no space so I can get my issue fixed 92477
  8. Windows 10: How change account from admin into limited user account?

Windows 10: How change account from admin into limited user account?: Hello everybody, I have realized that all the laptops I installed Windows 10 in the last year (several family laptops) are running with Microsoft-Accounts which are Admin-Accounts. Now I read that this is a serious security issue. I would like to change these...
  9. User Account changed from Admin to Guest

User Account changed from Admin to Guest: Dear people of the Tenforums, I could use your advice. On Saturday I decided to give new Windows 10 (it picked Home Edition by itself) a try. Previous version was Windows 7. After a flawless install I have seen that something on my C: partition is using a lot of...
  10. How to change admin account to child account

How to change admin account to child account: Hi I recently upgraded a HP computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10 pro using the Windows update/free Upgrade. How can I change my childs admin account to a child account? The account is registered With a Microsoft account and i have added my Microsoft account as a...