Windows 10: How to change account permissions using cmd?

Discus and support How to change account permissions using cmd? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello so I want to delete dad's admin account from my PC because he doesn't use it anyway and all it does is restricts me from installing anything.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by NadjaKrzyżańska, Mar 30, 2021.

1. How to change account permissions using cmd?

Hello

so I want to delete dad's admin account from my PC because he doesn't use it anyway and all it does is restricts me from installing anything. And I have it all planned out and everything and all I need to know is how to change my account's permission 'cause Windows without admin is kinda messed up. Anyone know how to do that?

:)

NadjaKrzyżańska, Mar 30, 2021
  2. Marby Rey Win User

no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Mar 30, 2021
  3. JokaFW Win User
    changing permissions via cmd

I know how to change permissions of a file using Cacls command in cmd but how can I change the permissions of an application via cmd.I am using windows 10 64bit

JokaFW, Mar 30, 2021
  4. How to change account permissions using cmd?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

How to change account permissions using cmd?

1. How to change account permissions using cmd? - Similar Threads - change account permissions

2. How to reset windows by using cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset windows by using cmd: Hi there,My window pc stuck on advance option ,And showing these options:-1. Cmd2. System restore 3. Backup file by image Etc .The problem is my pc is booting up properly I want to know how to reset my pc through cmd ,Or is there is any other way to boot up my pc ....
  3. How to reset windows by using cmd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset windows by using cmd: Hi there,My window pc stuck on advance option ,And showing these options:-1. Cmd2. System restore 3. Backup file by image Etc .The problem is my pc is booting up properly I want to know how to reset my pc through cmd ,Or is there is any other way to boot up my pc ....
  4. How to reset windows by using cmd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to see wifi password using cmd from recovery window using cmd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to see wifi password using cmd from recovery window using cmd: I want to see wifi password using cmd from recovery window? Please help me out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-see-wifi-password-using-cmd-from-recovery/12b3a613-32b3-4f2b-86f0-fec0d46aaff4
  6. How to create Local Administrator Account on Windows 10 using CMD

in Windows 10 News
    How to create Local Administrator Account on Windows 10 using CMD: [ATTACH]Generally, to create a new local administrator account for Windows 10, you must first sign […] This article How to create Local Administrator Account on Windows 10 using CMD first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. How to change CMD username

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change CMD username: So I really dont know how to change the name: (C:\Users\TheNameIwantToChange) of the cmd user. I have tried multiple attempts at renaming my account but I never succeeded. I have a windows account linked to my PC if thats any help. submitted by /u/A2uma [link] [comments]...
  8. Setting permissions with cmd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting permissions with cmd: Hello everybody, I'm a little new to windows cmd, i have used UNIX command line a lot. Since there is no chown-command i'd like to know how you do some of the tasks i need to do: On my SMB share i copied some movies and shows which apparently "broke" the permissions. Now i...
  9. How do I change the Bitlocker Device Encryption using cmd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change the Bitlocker Device Encryption using cmd: I want one of these configurations to be enabled, however, I also wanted these to be automated using a script. [ATTACH] I have used commands like net accounts /maxpwage:200 on another policy in group policy editor using command line, but I wanted to know how to do it in...
  10. Powesrhell cmd -- unreadable -- how to change

in Windows 10 Support
    Powesrhell cmd -- unreadable -- how to change: Hi folks running standard Windows 10 Pro X-64 latest (current) version. When I run Powershell I get something totally illegible (I don't like these standard dark themes anyway that loads see to these days) Anyway to get back to the old way when it used to present a...