Windows 10: How to change account to Microsoft account?

Discus and support How to change account to Microsoft account? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So recently got my laptop repaired and it had to be reset. The guy who repaired it set up a fake account in order to see if it works. All my backed up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Riukkuyo, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Riukkuyo Win User

How to change account to Microsoft account?

So recently got my laptop repaired and it had to be reset. The guy who repaired it set up a fake account in order to see if it works. All my backed up files are on that account...

How do I get my microsoft account on my laptop with all my files? Setting up a local account did nothing and it wont let me change the guy’s account and set up my microsoft account.

okay i set up my microsoft account but its starting the laptop uo as new.

im really stupid when it comes to computers okay

:)

Riukkuyo, Aug 27, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How to change account to Microsoft account? :(

Zakin, Aug 27, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Microsoft Account how to change

To change Windows sign-in Microsoft account:
    1. Switch to local account (tutorial)
    2. Switch to new Microsoft account (tutorial)

Thema:

1. How to change account to Microsoft account? - Similar Threads - change account Microsoft

2. How to change the Microsoft account for your Windows account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the Microsoft account for your Windows account: My Microsoft account was hacked and I transferred my info over to another account. It worked fine however my Windows account is still linked to that hacked account. Is there any way to change the account linked to my Windows account....
  3. How to change the Microsoft account for your Windows account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the Microsoft account for your Windows account: My Microsoft account was hacked and I transferred my info over to another account. It worked fine however my Windows account is still linked to that hacked account. Is there any way to change the account linked to my Windows account....
  4. How to change Microsoft Store Account without changing computer's account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to change Microsoft Store Account without changing computer's account: Hi, so I'm trying to install a game on my laptop that I already own, however the account I'm using is different than the one that I am trying to access. Is there a way I can change my store account without changing the laptop's account?...
  5. How to change my school account to a Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change my school account to a Microsoft account?: Hello all, When I built my computer and started up my Windows 10 a couple of years ago, I was asked to sign in with a Microsoft or School account. I decided to sign in with my School account. I have now graduated and I have concerns that the email address I used would be...
  6. How to change pin for microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change pin for microsoft account: we got new laptop. we loaded Microsoft office. verification pin been used too many times and we never created one and we don't have and cant reset and so we cant download apps from Microsoft....
  7. How to change the Microsoft account (?)

How to change the Microsoft account (?): How is it you're supposed to change the Microsoft account associated with the Administrator account itself? For some reason my account on the desktop has associated itself with an email I didn't tell it to, but has done so anyway. I read online I have to switch it to a local...
  8. How to change Microsoft account username?

How to change Microsoft account username?: I recently installed a fresh version of Windows and set it up with my Microsoft account instead of a local account. Now the username for the computer is the first portion of my email. Is there a way to change the actual username where all the folders and registry information...
  9. How to change microsoft accounts on a device.

How to change microsoft accounts on a device.: I installed windows defender on my wifes computer. I used my email address on the install and now it shows my name on her log in screen. Is there a way that I can change it ?...
  10. Microsoft Account how to change

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account how to change: I have a number of machines and chose to use a different MSA for each. I now see the error of my ways but how do I change them to all be the same MSA? 84674