Windows 10: How to change account type from admin to standard -WIN 10 HOME VERSION

Discus and support How to change account type from admin to standard -WIN 10 HOME VERSION in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'd like to convert my dad's local Windows account from administrator to standard user for safer browsing. I created a new administrator account on his... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by overhear, Apr 5, 2020.

1. overhear Win User

How to change account type from admin to standard -WIN 10 HOME VERSION

I'd like to convert my dad's local Windows account from administrator to standard user for safer browsing. I created a new administrator account on his laptop but still can't change his account type because in the Change Account Type window the checkbox for standard user is greyed out.

I tried following the suggestion https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F4I97asrwE to use Administrator Tools-Computer Management-Local Users and Groups-Users-Administrator-Uncheck "Account is disabled" but on the Home version of Windows 10 the "local users and groups" isn't available.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

:)

overhear, Apr 5, 2020

2. Change account from admin to standard

Hi,

To begin with, I would like to inform that in order for you to be able to make changes in your PC, you will require your local account to be an
    Admin account instead of a Standard one. Changing the account to a Standard account will disable your ability to make any changes to your computer.

If you still wish to create a Standard Local Account, I suggest that you navigate to Settings > Accounts > Family and other Users. Here select the
    current username and click on the Change Account Type
    button and select Standard. This will automatically change your account from
    Admin to Standard, and you will not require to change the username and password.

In the event that you wish to change the username and password, I suggest that you make changes to the above sited first and then change your account to a
    Standard one from and Admin account.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 5, 2020
  3. How to merge an Admin and a standard account?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me assist you.

I understand you are not able to access certain admin options on the standard account. As the standard account is your main account currently on which you have installed all your updates, I suggest you to change it to an Admin account. To change it
    to the admin account, login to the Admin account and change the account type of the standard account. Refer the steps below.

1. Click on Start and go to
    Settings.

2. Tap or click Accounts, and then click
    Family and other accounts.

3. Under Other users, tap the standard account, and then click
    Edit.

4. Click the Account type box, choose Administrator, and then tap or click
    OK.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

1. How to change account type from admin to standard -WIN 10 HOME VERSION - Similar Threads - change account type

2. Unable to change account user type back from Standard to admin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change account user type back from Standard to admin.: I changed user account type to standard. Now I can't change it back or add admin user without a password. Is there someway I can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-account-user-type-back-from/dda9b176-fc01-49e1-8be4-2a31d49247f2
  3. Unable to change account user type back from Standard to admin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change account user type back from Standard to admin.: I changed user account type to standard. Now I can't change it back or add admin user without a password. Is there someway I can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-account-user-type-back-from/dda9b176-fc01-49e1-8be4-2a31d49247f2
  4. How to change from standard account to an administrator account

How to change from standard account to an administrator account: Hi, I accidentally changed my one and only admin account on windows 8.1 to a regular account guest. Now, I can't make any changes to user accounts, only admin account users can do that. How do I fix this?...
  5. how to change from administrator account to standard account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change from administrator account to standard account: I would like to change from an administrator account to a standard account. Is there a way to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-from-administrator-account-to/429d068f-5f2e-484e-a2f1-c37592200845
  6. how to change from administrator account to standard account

how to change from administrator account to standard account: I would like to change from an administrator account to a standard account. Is there a way to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-from-administrator-account-to/429d068f-5f2e-484e-a2f1-c37592200845
  7. how to change from administrator account to standard account

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Accidentally changed my only account on windows 10 from an admin to a standard account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally changed my only account on windows 10 from an admin to a standard account: Okay so for a long time I've been trying to get my pc to automatically sign into windows, but every time I enable it in the registry it would say "username or password is incorrect on startup", so I thought there might be a hidden account or something, so dumb me was messing...
  9. i changed my account type from administrator to standard account

i changed my account type from administrator to standard account: hai, please someone help me, im having problem, im changing my account type from administrator to standard account, and i want to change it again to the administrator but i cant open the netplwiz so please someone help me...
  10. Change Account type from Administrator to Standard

Change Account type from Administrator to Standard: How do I change Account type from Administrator to Standard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-account-type-from-administrator-to-standard/0bb78dea-dd6e-4e42-b949-ff40def4d648