Windows 10: How to Change Active Signal Mode

Discus and support How to Change Active Signal Mode in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently received an Asus 165hz monitor. It is able to display 2560x1440 at 165hz through display port and 2560x1440 at 144hz through HDMI. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tjr0509, Dec 28, 2021.

1. tjr0509 Win User

How to Change Active Signal Mode

I recently received an Asus 165hz monitor. It is able to display 2560x1440 at 165hz through display port and 2560x1440 at 144hz through HDMI. If I connect my monitor to my laptop directly through HDMI, it will output 2560x1440 at 144hz. I also received a capture card that is able to output content at 240hz at 1080p, 144hz at 1440p, and 60hz at 4k. If I connect my laptop to the capture card and then the capture card to the monitor, it will output 3840x2160 and prevent me from changing the refresh rate to anything higher than 60hz. If I try changing my resolution back to 2560x1440p, the active s

:)

tjr0509, Dec 28, 2021

2. desktop resolution and active signal resolution

I have my desktop resolution set at 1280 x 1024, which is what I want,

but the active signal resolution is set at 1920 x 1080.

Where can I change the active signal resolution to 1280 x 1024?

I have tried going to "display adapter properties" and list all modes,

but this only lets me change the desktop resolution.

MayonAccounting, Dec 28, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    How do I forcefully change the active signal resolution?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to change the active signal resolution for the monitor that you are using.

I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on System and select
      Display
      from the left pane.
    3. Scroll down and select Advanced Display Settings.
    4. Click on Display adapter properties for Display # (Display 2 in your case).
    5. Click on List All Modes under
      Adapter
      tab.
    6. Now, select the resolution that your monitor supports.
    7. Click on OK and click on
      Keep changes

You may also want to try updating your graphics drivers. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display adapters.
    3. Right click on the graphics card
      device
      and select Update Driver.

Article for reference:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 28, 2021
  4. How to Change Active Signal Mode

Changing active signal resolution on 2in1?

I have a Lenovo Yoga Book that I use for art, media, and basic gaming. When I run some games, the image is turned 90° and partially unviewable. Looking at the display settings, I believe this is because the output resolution is 1920×1200, while the active signal resolution is 1200×1920. I imagine this is due to this device's tablet mode, which is likely built for portrait mode. As I prefer landscape mode, is there a way I can change these output resolutions to match each other?

Ty LaBounty, Dec 28, 2021
Thema:

How to Change Active Signal Mode

1. How to Change Active Signal Mode - Similar Threads - Change Active Signal

2. How do you change the "Active Signal Mode" on a monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you change the "Active Signal Mode" on a monitor?: My display suddenly stopped working because somehow the "Active Signal Mode" is above its compatible resolution. I have tried changing the resolution but it doesn't work. It labels the resolution I put in as "Desktop Mode" and won't let me change the active signal mode....
  3. How do you change the "Active Signal Mode" on a monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you change the "Active Signal Mode" on a monitor?: My display suddenly stopped working because somehow the "Active Signal Mode" is above its compatible resolution. I have tried changing the resolution but it doesn't work. It labels the resolution I put in as "Desktop Mode" and won't let me change the active signal mode....
  4. Forcefully changing "active signal mode"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forcefully changing "active signal mode": Hi there.I've been through all the forums and the proposed solutions have not worked for me.I need to find a way to change the active signal mode of my display not only desktop mode.I have made sure my display driver is up to date. I have tried changing the display through...
  5. Forcefully changing "active signal mode"

Forcefully changing "active signal mode": Hi there.I've been through all the forums and the proposed solutions have not worked for me.I need to find a way to change the active signal mode of my display not only desktop mode.I have made sure my display driver is up to date. I have tried changing the display through...
  6. Unable to change active signal mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change active signal mode: Hello, hoping someone can help because this has really been bothering me for a while! I have windows 11.The issue is that I am not able to use my laptop with my projector.I have bought 3 different connectors and I can use them with other projectors so they are not a problem....
  7. Unable to change active signal mode

Unable to change active signal mode: Hello, hoping someone can help because this has really been bothering me for a while! I have windows 11.The issue is that I am not able to use my laptop with my projector.I have bought 3 different connectors and I can use them with other projectors so they are not a problem....
  8. How to Change Active Signal Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Change Active Signal Mode: I recently received an Asus 165hz monitor. It is able to display 2560x1440 at 165hz through display port and 2560x1440 at 144hz through HDMI. If I connect my monitor to my laptop directly through HDMI, it will output 2560x1440 at 144hz. I also received a capture card that is...
  9. How do i change the "Active Signal Mode" resolution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i change the "Active Signal Mode" resolution?: My Laptop is currently running on WIN 11. I purchased a 24" monitor and connected it to the laptop via HDMI. The laptop resolution is set to 1920x1080 recommended. However, on the monitor the display is stretched. How can I lower the resolution on the monitor without changing...
  10. How do i change the "Active Signal Mode" resolution?

How do i change the "Active Signal Mode" resolution?: My Laptop is currently running on WIN 11. I purchased a 24" monitor and connected it to the laptop via HDMI. The laptop resolution is set to 1920x1080 recommended. However, on the monitor the display is stretched. How can I lower the resolution on the monitor without changing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. active signal mode 怎么设置