Windows 10: How to change/add/remove a key shortcut

Discus and support How to change/add/remove a key shortcut in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A few days ago, a friend of mine bought a new gaming laptop and he noticed that the F1-12 keys were activating something eg: F5 opens up project menu.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Its_Cookie_Man, Dec 13, 2019.

1. How to change/add/remove a key shortcut

A few days ago, a friend of mine bought a new gaming laptop and he noticed that the F1-12 keys were activating something eg: F5 opens up project menu. and this was also happening while he was playing games. I tried to find a place on the settings to change those keybinds but I couldn't so how could we deactivate those keybinds?

submitted by /u/Its_Cookie_Man
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Its_Cookie_Man, Dec 13, 2019

2. Changing shortcut Keys on windows 10

Hi,

To assist you better please provide us below details,

• May I know for which application you are trying to change the short cut key?

• Did you made any changes to your computer recently?

I suggest you to check the below link regarding windows shortcuts hope it helps,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

Please get back to us with detailed information to assist you better.

Reference:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48716.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Dec 13, 2019
  3. grecinos Win User
    Windows 10 shortcut key not working - Please help

Hey guys,

I'm trying to create a shortcut key for a program/script that turns off my monitor. I've confirmed that the small program is working by double clicking on it. The problem I'm having is that when I go to create a shortcut key for it. First I create a shortcut to the program, then I set a shortcut key, say "ctrl-shift-s". After applying the changes, clicking Ok, I try to use the shortcut by pressing the ctrl-shift-s key combination. When I do this, nothing happens. I've confirmed that shortcut keys works with other apps like the Command Prompt. Does anyone have any insight to this?

Cheers,

grecinos

grecinos, Dec 13, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

How to change/add/remove a key shortcut

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

How to change/add/remove a key shortcut

1. How to change/add/remove a key shortcut - Similar Threads - change add remove

2. Changing The Clipboard Shortcut key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing The Clipboard Shortcut key: I would like to know if there is a way to change the shortcut key to open the clipboard on my laptop keyboard windows 10 for example instead of it being Windows + V the shortcut becomes Alt + V or Ctrl + V etc…...
  3. Changing The Clipboard Shortcut key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing The Clipboard Shortcut key: I would like to know if there is a way to change the shortcut key to open the clipboard on my laptop keyboard windows 10 for example instead of it being Windows + V the shortcut becomes Alt + V or Ctrl + V etc…...
  4. Changing customized shortcut keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing customized shortcut keys: Hello everyone, I've been having trouble with a Microsoft predefined shortcut and would like to delete that Microsoft defined shortcut. When I was using Jetbrains IntelliJ Idea IDE, I used to press CTRL + Alt + L to do code reformatting but now when I press the key...
  5. Can't add a shortcut key to run screensaver

Can't add a shortcut key to run screensaver: I want to assign a short cut key to PhotoScreensaver.scr. I have created a shortcut icon on Desktop. When I open Properties, it shows "Shortcut key: None" but it doesn't allow me to change it. When I click Advanced, "Run as administrator" is grayed out. I log on as...
  6. how to add custom shortcut keys to context menu?

how to add custom shortcut keys to context menu?: examples, window's copy and paste. right click a folder/file and press c or press v, it'll copy or paste. how do I set up custom shortcut keys to other context menu functions of 3rd party program? 157109
  7. How to add shortcut into start?

How to add shortcut into start?: When I right click shortcut, "click Pin to Start" is not available for selection. I would like to know on how to add shortcut into start under window 10. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
  8. Removing or changing shortcut arrows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removing or changing shortcut arrows: I removed the arrow icons that you normally see on desktop shortcuts, by using the Registry Editor. I went all the way down to Explorer -> Shell Icons and made a new string in which I pasted a certain line that I got from a Youtube tutorial. It worked like a charm and for...
  9. removing of shortcut key from app

removing of shortcut key from app: Hi Manmohan muduli here regarding an error occur in my pc .That i just want to delete shortcut key from app. Just want to know what are the procedure regarding this ....
  10. Add shortcut

in Browsers and Email
    Add shortcut: How do you create a shortcut on the desktop. Example, you have a website you use often, how do you create a shortcut on the desktop. Win 7 and 8 you could right click the mouse on the page in question and had the option to add a shortcut on the desktop. 5616