Windows 10: How to change admin user name

Discus and support How to change admin user name in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have given a temporary name to the admin user during the setup of Windows 10 to a new PC. Now, I want to change this user name. In settings, I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ozden2020, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Ozden2020 Win User

How to change admin user name

I have given a temporary name to the admin user during the setup of Windows 10 to a new PC. Now, I want to change this user name. In settings, I was not able too find a way for the admin name. How to change the name of this admin user?

:)

Ozden2020, Apr 7, 2020

2. Change the user name in Windows 10

Hi Rick,

Thank you for writing us back.

Are both the accounts are admin account?

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Steps: To determine the user account type:

• Login to any account.

• Press Windows key+X.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Click on User accounts.

• Your user account will show and below that it will show your local account or admin account.

• Once you know about the account type.

• You can go to user account and change the name.

• Press Windows key+R.

• Type netplwiz and press enter.

• Select the account and click on properties.

• Change the user name and click on apply and then ok and one more time click on ok on the main screen.

• Reboot the computer and check if it helps

I hope this helps. Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Ryan_2013 Win User
    Change User Name Folders

"The change the name on the Account folder is more difficult because it is more heavily protected. See this tutorial:https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/89060-chang..."

On this link, the details show renaming another account. I'm wanting to change the Admin account. It's a good thing I had another user setup on my computer, also as an Admin, because after changing the SID in step 8. And, unable to change the name in step
    11. As "Rename" wasn't in the list. I restarted the computer, since the Admin user account name was changed I was unable to load windows. I had to log into my other account, which was setup as Admin and change the SID back to the 5 letters the user name was
    titled.

My computer, Admin account, works again.

I wasn't wanting to just change another account user name, which this is possible to do. I wanted to change the main user, myself.

Ryan_2013, Apr 7, 2020
  4. How to change admin user name

Change the user name in Windows 10

THANK YOU!! this worked perfectly!!

StephanieW1, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

How to change admin user name

1. How to change admin user name - Similar Threads - change admin user

2. Change my admin user folder name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change my admin user folder name: I already have an admin account on this PC named "sam" but my folder is named samfl the first 5 letters in my email. I want the name of that folder to be sam. I have 2 other W10 PC's with exactly that scenario. I don't know why this is so hard but I already had to re-install...
  3. How to change Admin account user name

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change Admin account user name: I am the Admin. How do I change my username that windows 10 displays? It is showing my email address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-admin-account-user-name/1dc3fef3-7784-40a2-9016-c3f65c322e61
  4. How to change Admin account user name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Admin account user name: I am the Admin. How do I change my username that windows 10 displays? It is showing my email address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-admin-account-user-name/1dc3fef3-7784-40a2-9016-c3f65c322e61
  5. How to change Admin account user name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to change name of user?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change name of user?: I've had my laptop for years, but my stepfather was the one to set it up when I first got it, so almost everything is his name. For example, files are saved under "Larry." But when the computer starts up I'm signing in under my own name. And when I go to change the user's...
  7. change admin user name

change admin user name: how do i change my admin user name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-admin-user-name/885ba043-3624-4cd3-a6ce-ca4611f14424
  8. How to change a user name

How to change a user name: Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit Up to date with latest Updates. Can someone provide step-by-step procedures to change the name of a user account. For example: My current User Account is: C:\users\current I would like to change it to: C:\users\new Thank you....
  9. How to change user name?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change user name?: So, the thing is that I want to change my user name on windows 10 lock screen. It is presently showing as "Sai Nikxith" and I want to change it as just "Sai" or just "Nikxith". I dont want my full name to be displayed on my lock screen. I tried to change it microsoft website...
  10. How to change admin user account name?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change admin user account name?: I am installing the 'Android sdk' software, however when I try select the 'SDK' path, it says something like 'android sdk should not contain whitespace'. I am wondering how I would change my name so it has no space so I can get my issue fixed 92477

Users found this page by searching for:

1. admin user name

2. rename user account folder windows 10