Windows 10: How to change Administrator in Windows 11

Discus and support How to change Administrator in Windows 11 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]Want to change the Administrator account on your Windows 11/10 PC? This guide will show you multiple methods using which you can easily change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 18, 2023.

1. WinClub New Member

How to change Administrator in Windows 11

How to change Administrator in Windows 11 [​IMG]
    Want to change the Administrator account on your Windows 11/10 PC? This guide will show you multiple methods using which you can easily change the Administrator in Windows 11. How to change Administrator in Windows 11? To make a Standard User as an Administrator on Windows 11/10, you can use any of these methods: Change […]

This article How to change Administrator in Windows 11 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 18, 2023
  2. sivacg Win User

Change of administrator on Windows 11

Hi,

I am planning to change my administrator account to a new Microsoft account on Windows 11. I am confident on technical steps but I have a question on consequences. What I mean by that is: when I change my administrator account,

• do I lose some data?
    • Can I access the data from the previous admin user folder? etc.
    May I request you to help me with the points where it could go wrong and lose my data or access to the data please? Thanks in advance.

sivacg, May 18, 2023
  3. How to change main administrator on Windows 10 for HP?

Hello,

Kindly try the below steps to change the account type from Admin to Standard account and check if this helps.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click on User accounts.
    • Under make changes to your account, click on
      Manage another account.
    • Select the account which you want to change.
    • Now click on change the account type.
    • Select Standard
      and click on Change the Account Type to change the account type.

To enable the built in admin account, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• In search type "cmd" and right click on the command prompt and open as Administrator (Elevated command prompt).
    • In the elevated Command Prompt, type the following command and then press Enter key.
    Net user administrator /active:yes, close the Command Prompt.

• Restart PC, then you will be able to see Administrator account.

To hide the Admin account, use the below command:

net user administrator /active:no

Write to us, if you need further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, May 18, 2023
  4. How to change Administrator in Windows 11

changing administrator

Hi,

Share this information to assist you better.

• What are the steps you have tried to change the Admin rights?
    • How many accounts have you configured in your computer?
    Try the below steps if you have not tried:

• Open Control Panel (Move the cursor to the lower/left corner of the screen and
      Right Click, select Control Panel on the menu.
    • In Control Panel, select User Accounts.
    • Select Manage another account.

This will show all of the user accounts on the computer. If there is an Administrator account it will show that designation.

• Sign Out and log on with any Administrator Account.
    • Go back to Control Panel/User Accounts.
    • Select Manage another account and then select the Standard account you wish to change.
    • Select the Change Account Type option.
    • Select the Administrator option to change the account and click the
      Change Account Type button.
    If there are no other Administrator Accounts, let us know and we can try another recovery method.

Let us know what you find.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 18, 2023
Thema:

How to change Administrator in Windows 11

1. How to change Administrator in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - change Administrator

2. how can I change the account of the administrator in my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I change the account of the administrator in my laptop?: my cousin's account is the admin of my laptop, and i want to change it to my own microsoft account. already did the basic, still his account is still writtien on the start menu page....
  3. how can I change the account of the administrator in my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can I change the account of the administrator in my laptop?: my cousin's account is the admin of my laptop, and i want to change it to my own microsoft account. already did the basic, still his account is still writtien on the start menu page....
  4. How can I change the Windows administrator password on my HP laptop after encountering...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the Windows administrator password on my HP laptop after encountering...: Subject: Assistance Needed Windows Administrator Password Issue on HP Envy x360Dear Support Team,I am writing to bring to your attention an issue I am experiencing while trying to reset my Windows password on my HP Envy X360.Currently, the administrative password is not being...
  5. How can I change the Windows administrator password on my HP laptop after encountering...

How can I change the Windows administrator password on my HP laptop after encountering...: Subject: Assistance Needed Windows Administrator Password Issue on HP Envy x360Dear Support Team,I am writing to bring to your attention an issue I am experiencing while trying to reset my Windows password on my HP Envy X360.Currently, the administrative password is not being...
  6. Bought another computer and need to change administrator and email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought another computer and need to change administrator and email: I bought an HP with Windows 10 on it. I need to clean it so I can load me as an administrator and my email. When I try to go in it says I have tried to many times unsuccessfully. Frustrated....
  7. Bought another computer and need to change administrator and email

Bought another computer and need to change administrator and email: I bought an HP with Windows 10 on it. I need to clean it so I can load me as an administrator and my email. When I try to go in it says I have tried to many times unsuccessfully. Frustrated....
  8. Bought another computer and need to change administrator and email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. I have 2 administrator accounts in my laptop. I would like to know how do I change my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 2 administrator accounts in my laptop. I would like to know how do I change my...: I have 2 administrator Local administrator account and administrator account accounts in my laptop. I would like to know how do I change my administrator account to the already exisitig local administrator account?...
  10. I have 2 administrator accounts in my laptop. I would like to know how do I change my...

I have 2 administrator accounts in my laptop. I would like to know how do I change my...: I have 2 administrator Local administrator account and administrator account accounts in my laptop. I would like to know how do I change my administrator account to the already exisitig local administrator account?...