Windows 10: How to change administrator username?

Discus and support How to change administrator username? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I have for local disk C user name of 2 words, my name and surname. Some games like Minecraft won't run because Java cant handle user with [Name,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/UpgradeTheChick, Jul 6, 2020.

1. How to change administrator username?

Hi,

I have for local disk C user name of 2 words, my name and surname. Some games like Minecraft won't run because Java cant handle user with [Name, blank space, surname] (class cant be defined with two word separated by space). For example, my address for a user is C:\Users\John Smith
    Please help me change this in the most simple way if it's possible.

submitted by /u/UpgradeTheChick
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/UpgradeTheChick, Jul 6, 2020

2. how to change administrator on my computer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

As I understand that your administrator account has been changed to another account as administrator. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the account settings as administrator and check if it helps.

1. In the search type as “user accounts”.

2. Click on “change your account types”.

3. All the user accounts will be listed there, under your account you can select as administrator.

4. The account will be changed to administrator.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 6, 2020
  3. How to change main administrator on Windows 10 for HP?

Hello,

Kindly try the below steps to change the account type from Admin to Standard account and check if this helps.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click on User accounts.
    • Under make changes to your account, click on
      Manage another account.
    • Select the account which you want to change.
    • Now click on change the account type.
    • Select Standard
      and click on Change the Account Type to change the account type.

To enable the built in admin account, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• In search type "cmd" and right click on the command prompt and open as Administrator (Elevated command prompt).
    • In the elevated Command Prompt, type the following command and then press Enter key.
    Net user administrator /active:yes, close the Command Prompt.

• Restart PC, then you will be able to see Administrator account.

To hide the Admin account, use the below command:

net user administrator /active:no

Write to us, if you need further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 6, 2020
  4. How to change administrator username?

changing administrator

Hi,

Share this information to assist you better.

• What are the steps you have tried to change the Admin rights?
    • How many accounts have you configured in your computer?
    Try the below steps if you have not tried:

• Open Control Panel (Move the cursor to the lower/left corner of the screen and
      Right Click, select Control Panel on the menu.
    • In Control Panel, select User Accounts.
    • Select Manage another account.

This will show all of the user accounts on the computer. If there is an Administrator account it will show that designation.

• Sign Out and log on with any Administrator Account.
    • Go back to Control Panel/User Accounts.
    • Select Manage another account and then select the Standard account you wish to change.
    • Select the Change Account Type option.
    • Select the Administrator option to change the account and click the
      Change Account Type button.
    If there are no other Administrator Accounts, let us know and we can try another recovery method.

Let us know what you find.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

How to change administrator username?

1. How to change administrator username? - Similar Threads - change administrator username

2. How to change my username ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change my username ?: When I copied a path for a shortcut, This Name appears, but this is not my name and is my initials. Please help my how to Change it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-my-username/d538b489-f84d-42d2-bec1-b8d519bb1d00
  3. How to change my username ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change my username ?: When I copied a path for a shortcut, This Name appears, but this is not my name and is my initials. Please help my how to Change it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-my-username/d538b489-f84d-42d2-bec1-b8d519bb1d00
  4. How to change my username ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to change CMD username

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change CMD username: So I really dont know how to change the name: (C:\Users\TheNameIwantToChange) of the cmd user. I have tried multiple attempts at renaming my account but I never succeeded. I have a windows account linked to my PC if thats any help. submitted by /u/A2uma [link] [comments]...
  6. Administration username and password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administration username and password: Hi, I bought an desktop computer from yard sale. When I got home and turned it on I found it was said wayfair on startup screen and asking for administration username and password. I can't get around it. I called the person I bought it from and she said the computer belonged...
  7. Changing Administrator Username

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Administrator Username: Hello, I'm having an extremely difficult time changing my username. My user account is the administrator and only user on the PC. My partner set up the PC for me and put in a placeholder name which we used under the assumption I'd be able to change it later. I've already...
  8. How to enter admin username and password as administrator?

How to enter admin username and password as administrator?: I sign in my microsoft account but I don't want to enter password everytime I boot my windows. And then I found a way using Netplwiz. I uncheck the option "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" and restart my PC. But it doesn't work. Then I run...
  9. How to enter admin username and password as administrator?

How to enter admin username and password as administrator?: I sign in my microsoft account but I don't want to enter password everytime I boot my windows. And then I found a way using Netplwiz. I uncheck the option "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" and restart my PC. But it doesn't work. Then I run...
  10. How to change username?

How to change username?: Hello, I would like to know how to change the username for my "users" file. I misspelled it and it is just irritating me. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-username/f80dede2-3b5a-4faf-a6fe-7e113e651681