Windows 10: How to change administrator without losing data or apps

Discus and support How to change administrator without losing data or apps in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi All, I bought a new laptop for my family member but they got themselves another one. I have signed in into this one using their Microsoft account,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/UnicornWithTits, Oct 24, 2020.

1. How to change administrator without losing data or apps

Hi All,

I bought a new laptop for my family member but they got themselves another one. I have signed in into this one using their Microsoft account, updated the windows have installed various apps etc. Now since they won't be using it, I want to basically make myself administrator without losing any data , update, or installed apps.

I checked online but it was very confusing, can someone please help me out. Thanks !

submitted by /u/UnicornWithTits
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/UnicornWithTits, Oct 24, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Linking Microsoft Account to my Local Account Caused me to Lose Administrator Access

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to login to your temporary user account, enable built in administrator account and try to change the account settings.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 2: Follow the below steps,

• Type User Accounts in the Search box from the desktop and select
      Change the User Accounts.

• Here you will be able to see all the user accounts on your computer.

• Select the User account and see if it is a Standard user account or Administrator.

• If it is standard user then, change it to Administrator.

• Now, log out from the Built-in Administrator account and try to log-in with your Administrator account.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

How to change administrator without losing data or apps

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. How to change administrator without losing data or apps :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

How to change administrator without losing data or apps

1. How to change administrator without losing data or apps - Similar Threads - change administrator without

2. Changing account user without losing data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing account user without losing data: Hi, I am setting up parental controls on my sons laptop which is currently logged in under my account as administrator. I would like to set him up with his own account, but need to keep everything downloaded on the laptop, such as games, settings etc. Can you please advise...
  3. Changing account user without losing data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing account user without losing data: Hi, I am setting up parental controls on my sons laptop which is currently logged in under my account as administrator. I would like to set him up with his own account, but need to keep everything downloaded on the laptop, such as games, settings etc. Can you please advise...
  4. Changing account user without losing data

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Changing MS account without losing email data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing MS account without losing email data: I'm not even sure how to phrase my question. My intent is to change my MS subscription from one account to another - thereby nulifying my Skype account under the existing name. How do I transfer my current MS account say, *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to a new...
  6. Reloading Win10 without losing data or apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reloading Win10 without losing data or apps: My Win10 installation is misbehaving in various minor ways. I've run sfc/scannow and that turns out clear. A possible solution is to reinstall windows without disturbing apps and existing data. I found what appears to be a pretty clear video on u-Tube but before I go ahead. I...
  7. Reloading Win10 without losing data or apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Reloading Win10 without losing data or apps: My Win10 installation is misbehaving in various minor ways. I've run sfc/scannow and that turns out clear. A possible solution is to reinstall windows without disturbing apps and existing data. I found what appears to be a pretty clear video on u-Tube but before I go ahead. I...
  8. Changing dynamic to basic without losing any data.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing dynamic to basic without losing any data.: Hi! My name is Gautam. Today when I installed Windows 10 a message show that the partition contains one or more dynamic volumes that aren't supported for installation. I cannot even reset my PC because it is written that the drive which has Windows installed is blocked....
  9. Changing device admin without losing data

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing device admin without losing data: I need to change my device admin account from my personal one to my work account. I have both Microsoft accounts added to the same admin profile on the machine but I need to change the primary contact information and account info from one to the other without losing any of my...
  10. How to change microsoft accounts without losing data.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change microsoft accounts without losing data.: I want to change from a parents account to my account without losing any of my saved data on my drive, how would i do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-microsoft-accounts-without-losing/9c20aabb-94fb-4045-b01b-36860bd7d8ca"