Windows 10: How To Change Adult Account to Child Account - Need To Set Restrictions

Discus and support How To Change Adult Account to Child Account - Need To Set Restrictions in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Right this is now stressing us out I have had my own Microsoft Account for years. However when we got our son his XBOX One we used my Microsoft... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by TownTone71, May 17, 2019.

1. How To Change Adult Account to Child Account - Need To Set Restrictions

Right this is now stressing us out

I have had my own Microsoft Account for years. However when we got our son his XBOX One we used my Microsoft Account which of course is the Adult Account to set him up on his new XBOX One and away he went. Now he is getting older he is using the XBOX for more than gaming such as YouTube. All he watches on that channel is YouTubers who are a bad influence...sexual references, pranksters, swearing etc, plus also time limits

So is it possible that the Adult Account can be changed to a child Account and also bearing in mind he has all his Achievements, Game Saves and other stuff from his XBOX One on my Adult Account and do not want to lose these

It is ridiculous how you cannot put restrictions/blocks for Apps such as YouTube via the Adult Account

Seen a couple of threads HERE and HERE but not sure whether to try anything without deleting any Achievements, Game Saves

Thanks for any help

:)

TownTone71, May 17, 2019

2. Changing Adult Account to Child Account

Hi Peter,

To rectify your issue in converting an account from child/teen to an adult, we suggest that you try these steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Family and other users on the left pane.
    • Select the adult account and click Change account type.

In addition you may also check this
    Forum article
    to know more details about Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, May 17, 2019
  3. Chmur123 Win User
    Changing Adult Account to Child Account

Hi there,

I'm stuck trying to change my childs account from Adult to Child. I've created my account as an adult and included it in Family. I've updated the birth date in my son's account as well but it still says its an Adult account. My son's account is connecting
    all the devices as well. I want to restrict his ability to buy whatever he wants online. The visa card is connected to his account and has a subscription connected to it.

Chmur123, May 17, 2019
  4. How To Change Adult Account to Child Account - Need To Set Restrictions

Does a child account automatically become an adult account?

How does a child account become a normal adult account? Is this something that happens automatically at a certain age? Or do I as head family account holder have to initiate something?

The reason I ask is because trying to use Edge on a child account is proving tiresome. Despite deleting my son's child account and re-creating it we are launching Edge and it is taking from anywhere between 10 seconds to a minute to become usable. When I say useable I mean the ability to surf, the actual browser is launched and you can go into settings etc BUT no web pages will load despite even typing web addresses in. It's as if Edge is waiting for MS server side to give it some kind of approval before it will allow any web activity. Once it's up and running it's fine but closing the browser session and relaunching Edge will bring back the long delay. Our adult accounts have no such issue using edge. Trying Mozilla Firefox on the child account also poses no such problems. We have no child restrictions setup online for the child account. So really he should be able to use Edge freely. But I feel the activity monitoring is somehow stifling the ability to use Edge.

If it doesn't improve I feel like abandoning the child account and just having him use an adult account instead. At least then Edge will start working quicker. But how does one convert child account to adult account. Or do we have to wait several years for his age to tick over?

Cheers,
    Wayne

Scottyboy99, May 17, 2019
Thema:

How To Change Adult Account to Child Account - Need To Set Restrictions

1. How To Change Adult Account to Child Account - Need To Set Restrictions - Similar Threads - Change Adult Account

2. Child account for an Adult

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child account for an Adult: I was an idiot in 2018 when I created my Microsoft account and put my date of birth as the year I bought the laptop instead of the year of my actual birth in my haste to log into my pc. Now with the family settings and my account as a child account I cannot use it. My partner...
  3. Child account for an Adult

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child account for an Adult: I was an idiot in 2018 when I created my Microsoft account and put my date of birth as the year I bought the laptop instead of the year of my actual birth in my haste to log into my pc. Now with the family settings and my account as a child account I cannot use it. My partner...
  4. Changing Child Account to Adult Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Child Account to Adult Account: I was wondering if there was a way to change my son's account to an adult account. My son is currently an adult and uses an hp laptop for college. He uses his Microsoft account for the laptop and due to his Microsoft account being a child account it causes restrictions on the...
  5. Changing Child Account to Adult Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Child Account to Adult Account: I was wondering if there was a way to change my son's account to an adult account. My son is currently an adult and uses an hp laptop for college. He uses his Microsoft account for the laptop and due to his Microsoft account being a child account it causes restrictions on the...
  6. Change adult account to child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change adult account to child account: Change adult account to child account I am new to Microsoft. I bought my son an Xbox One console in 2014, in the setup process, I was asked to set up a Microsoft account with parental support, so I set up my hotmail account and created an outlook email account for him. com...
  7. Child account to Adult?

Child account to Adult?: Hi, I am trying to attach my Xbox account to my Epic Games account for my Rocket League rewards, but it won't let me. After contacting Rocket League's support team, they told me the error code I am receiving is related to my account being a child account. My birthday is...
  8. how to change an account from a child to an adult

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to change an account from a child to an adult: How to change an account from a child to an adult https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-an-account-from-a-child-to-an-adult/d4112f81-8f9e-4d12-8684-d829f8bcc331
  9. Changing an adult account into a child account

Changing an adult account into a child account: I know that this has been asked before, but has there been any updates on this? When we got my child the Xbox, we set set it up with my account. Now I would like to set up the account or add him as a child, to be able to use parent controls. I do not want him to lose his...
  10. How to change a child account to an adult account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change a child account to an adult account?: My account is set as a child account and i want to change it to an adult account but i don't know how. On other posts i saw you have to wait till the birth date is 18+ or something but it is set as the year 1979. Btw i play on pc not xbox 360 or one. Please help!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my kid uses my microsoft account on xbox one can i set restrictions on the xbox for.my adult account

2. how to change restrictions on my microsoft xbox account

3. microsoft change child to admin

4. how to make an adult account a child account,
  5. how to change the d.o.b on childs account,
  6. how to convert the child microsoft account to a adult account