Windows 10: How to change AHCI mode HP Laptop

Discus and support How to change AHCI mode HP Laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How to change AHCI mode HP Laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/win-10/f884e5df-a7ff-4f8c-9d21-9409c8d85007 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ThomasNiver3, Sep 25, 2018.

1. How to change AHCI mode HP Laptop

How to change AHCI mode HP Laptop

:)

ThomasNiver3, Sep 25, 2018
  2. Melvis Win User

Changing IDE to AHCI Mode

Hi guys, I thought i might put this up for people that also might have missed this setting to get AHCI mode working on your motherboard.

A mate of mine decided to look into it and found a Windows Vista/7 fix so you can enable AHCI mode in your BIOS without the system blue screening, like it does for most computers that are already set on IDE mode.

Now most of you guys might already knows this but I didn't and all my computers where set on IDE mode and when I would change it to AHCI it would just crash when booting so I just thought oh well it don't work and never bothered with it again. But it seems if you set AHCI mode BEFORE installing Windows you wont have this issue, but if you did not set it before then running this Fix will fix your problem *Smile How to change AHCI mode HP Laptop :)

Ok run this Fix > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976 then go to your BIOS, change your settings from IDE mode to AHCI mode, save and exit, boot into Windows, it will then install all the drivers that you need for this Mode. Once its finished it will ask you to reboot, reboot and your done *Smile How to change AHCI mode HP Laptop :)

Made a big difference for me in boot times and file transfer times, everything sped up alot.

*Toast :toast:

Melvis, Sep 25, 2018
  3. KubekVF Win User
    Change SATA mode to AHCI from IDE

I was able to change it now (I also had some issues with NICs so I decided to reinstall my PC but I wanted to keep my files, programs, settings .... ). Here is how:

• Lunch application "setup.exe" from path "c:\$Windows.~WS\Sources\Windows\" (simply running upgrade to 10 again, but this time from windows 10)
    • After first reboot, change SATA mode to AHCI and let Windows finish upgrade
    • Everything should be fine now
    I am now running my disks in AHCI mode now and even don't have (so far) issues I had before.

KubekVF, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Changing IDE to AHCI Mode

I learned through trial (and lots of errors) too.

Before reading that, the only solution I knew of to switch over from IDE to AHCI mode was repartioning the drive, reformatting and reinstalling the OS with SATA mode set to AHCI in BIOS.

An drive setup in IDE mode works fine as a slave in a system set to AHCI.

Sasqui, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

1. How to change AHCI mode HP Laptop - Similar Threads - change AHCI mode

2. how to change "rdid autodetect/ahci" to "ahci"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to change "rdid autodetect/ahci" to "ahci": my dell T3500 already installed win10 , but i want to install a redhat for dual boot,so i partition a large driver E in win10, I want to use it for redhat installing, during i installing redhat, dirver E cannot appear in install destination, so i check online, it say i should...
  3. how to change "rdid autodetect/ahci" to "ahci"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change "rdid autodetect/ahci" to "ahci": my dell T3500 already installed win10 , but i want to install a redhat for dual boot,so i partition a large driver E in win10, I want to use it for redhat installing, during i installing redhat, dirver E cannot appear in install destination, so i check online, it say i should...
  4. how to change "rdid autodetect/ahci" to "ahci"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changing to AHCI for SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Changing to AHCI for SSD: So im trying to change to AHCI mode for my ssd and for some reason HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SYSTEM\ CurrentControlSet\ Services\ storahci\ StartOverrideis not showing up in my registry. Is that a bad thing? what should i do about this?...
  6. How to change from raid to ahci?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change from raid to ahci?: Hi , I want to change my sata ssd controller form raid to ahci.. I watched many solutions , all of them told to boot to safe mode and then enter bios to change raid to achi.. But the problem is that i am having a laptop where the bios is only having simple settings , no...
  7. How to change from raid to ahci?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change from raid to ahci?: Hi , I want to change my sata ssd controller form raid to ahci.. I watched many solutions , all of them told to boot to safe mode and then enter bios to change raid to achi.. But the problem is that i am having a laptop where the bios is only having simple settings , no...
  8. How to switch to AHCI on laptop HP?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to switch to AHCI on laptop HP?: My HP laptop can't access "Advanced in Bios". How to switch to AHCI for ssd? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-switch-to-ahci-on-laptop-hp/b28394e2-528b-4733-8d69-4896b3d75ef5
  9. My Hp omen doesn't have the option to change sata mode to AHCI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Hp omen doesn't have the option to change sata mode to AHCI: I bought a new gaming laptop and I wanted to install windows on the ssd disk. However, to do so i need to enable AHCI sata mode but that setting does not appear on my bios options. Could you help me?...
  10. Unable to change SATA mode from IDE TO AHCI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change SATA mode from IDE TO AHCI: Sorry to bother you all. I am currently trying to change my SATA mode from IDE to AHCI but in my BIOS the option to change it is grayed out. Is there anything I can do to fix this? My Specs are: Packard Bell imedia S1800 PC Ram: 2.0 GB DDR3 SSD: Crucial BX200 Media...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to change AHCI to IDE in HP bios

2. switch hardware sata to ahci hp

3. achi mode is greyed out in hp aio bios set up

4. hp laptop how do i change sata controller mode in bios from ahci to ide,
  5. hange the SATA mode from AHCI to IDE hp laptop,
  6. HP Notebooks PCs - How to Change IDE Mode to AHCI,
  7. AHCI mode hp laptops,
  8. switch ahci in hp laptop