Windows 10: How to change Alt Gr symbols?

Discus and support How to change Alt Gr symbols? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm not sure if this falls under help or feature because I need help with a feature, but hey ho. I'm desperate. If this is not right for this sub, I'd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SeanyWestside_, Jan 7, 2022.

1. How to change Alt Gr symbols?

I'm not sure if this falls under help or feature because I need help with a feature, but hey ho. I'm desperate. If this is not right for this sub, I'd appreciate being signposted to the right place.

I'm based in the UK, Wales specifically, and my job includes using the Welsh language a lot. Our alphabet includes âêîôû and w, y with the lil roof on top that wont show up on my phone keyboard for some reason.

When i use the Alt Gr for symbols, i end up with áéíóú instead. Is there any way to change this? It's a pain having to insert > symbol every time.

submitted by /u/SeanyWestside_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SeanyWestside_, Jan 7, 2022
  2. cellyme Win User

ALT + GR not working as intended

Cannot type the "{" and "[" character. Which is typed by Holding down "ALT GR + 7" and "ALT GR + 8" Key.

However typing "7" and "8" individually is no problem.

Also typing "@" which is achieved by holding ALT GR + Q works just fine aswell. Meaning every single key works individually.

Funnily enough typing with the on Screen Keyboard works aswell for every other combination except for "ALT GR + 7" and "ALT GR + 8"

cellyme, Jan 7, 2022
  3. Berton Win User
    ALT GR + 0 to 8 makes my window deselect, how to fix?

I haven't a clue about the gr in the question but click Start, scroll down the list to the W section, look in it for Windows Accessories then for the Character Map, has a lot of choices in it. Some Notebooks/Laptops don't have the Number Pad/Key Pad but may have a combination of keys to get the functions of the Number Pad, have to check the manual.

Berton, Jan 7, 2022
  4. 澪未来 Win User

How to change Alt Gr symbols?

Alt Gr key not working on windows 10

My Alt Gr was working just fine until a little while ago, when it just suddenly stopped working.

I was writing an essay and when I tried to send it via email, I found out I wasn't able to type the @ symbol (I just copy pasted it) and then realised I actually couldn't do anything related to the Alt Gr key.... how do I solve this?

澪未来, Jan 7, 2022
Thema:

How to change Alt Gr symbols?

1. How to change Alt Gr symbols? - Similar Threads - change Alt symbols

2. The keyboard combination Ctrl + Alt + E or Alt Gr + E is not working to input the Euro symbol

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The keyboard combination Ctrl + Alt + E or Alt Gr + E is not working to input the Euro symbol: Hello, the keyboard was working perfectly when suddenly after a key combination, I suppose, which I haven't been able to figure out, the keyboard combination Ctrl + Alt + E or Alt Gr + E stopped working to input the Euro symbol.I know it's not the keyboard because I was using...
  3. The keyboard combination Ctrl + Alt + E or Alt Gr + E is not working to input the Euro symbol

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The keyboard combination Ctrl + Alt + E or Alt Gr + E is not working to input the Euro symbol: Hello, the keyboard was working perfectly when suddenly after a key combination, I suppose, which I haven't been able to figure out, the keyboard combination Ctrl + Alt + E or Alt Gr + E stopped working to input the Euro symbol.I know it's not the keyboard because I was using...
  4. Alt and Alt Gr not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt and Alt Gr not working: Hello everyone,A few weeks ago my laptop started showing a problem, both the alt key and alt gr key were not working.I tried an external keyboard and the keys didn't work either.After searching through forums i found a tip saying "press Alt 5 times and it should go back to...
  5. Alt and Alt Gr not working

Alt and Alt Gr not working: Hello everyone,A few weeks ago my laptop started showing a problem, both the alt key and alt gr key were not working.I tried an external keyboard and the keys didn't work either.After searching through forums i found a tip saying "press Alt 5 times and it should go back to...
  6. Weird issue with Alt-Gr

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird issue with Alt-Gr: Hi! My Alt-Gr is selectively stuck on for certain keys. I basically can't use my 2 key that is above w, though my numpad key still works. If I hit 2, i get @@ yes, two with one tap. It also affects the buttons I press afterwards, on their own the other number keys work fine,...
  7. ALT GR not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALT GR not working properly: Hi everyone,I have been using a rapoo keyboard Bluetooth connection for 1.5 years. In order to write square brackets or @ I have to use alt gr + 2 or alt gr and some other combination for special characters. For 3 days, I can no longer do that as these combinations now...
  8. ALT GR not working properly

ALT GR not working properly: Hi everyone,I have been using a rapoo keyboard Bluetooth connection for 1.5 years. In order to write square brackets or @ I have to use alt gr + 2 or alt gr and some other combination for special characters. For 3 days, I can no longer do that as these combinations now...
  9. ALT GR not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Alt gr no longer works

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt gr no longer works: I've googled this and found some supposed fixes, like opening Remote Desktop Connection and doing some different key combinations, amongst other things but nothing seems to work. Any ideas? submitted by /u/boybandz [link] [comments]...