Windows 10: How to change an .8BF file extension to its normal default after it was changed to open...

Discus and support How to change an .8BF file extension to its normal default after it was changed to open... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I made a monumental error in associating an .8BF file extension (a photoshop plugin) to open up with an software app I should not have associated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Freddie Behave, Aug 4, 2019.

1. How to change an .8BF file extension to its normal default after it was changed to open...

Hi

I made a monumental error in associating an .8BF file extension (a photoshop plugin) to open up with an software app I should not have associated this to the app in the first place (my bad). Now the file has the software program icon where as it didn't before.

Does anyone no how to resolve this?

Currently using Windows 10 Pro 64Bit.

Regards

Freddie

:)

Freddie Behave, Aug 4, 2019

2. Can't change default program to open files.

Hi,

I'm trying to change the default program for .dwg files from Autocad to Draftsight.

I already tried:

• right click > open with > choose another app > always use this app. The file opens in Draftsight without problems, but it still opens with Autocad the next time you double click a dwg file.
    • settings > apps > default apps > choose default apps by file type. This also does not change the default method to Draftsight.

When I type assoc .dwg in command prompt, it shows ".dwg=DraftSight.Drawing"

I see some suggestions to try using the old interface through control panel, but it seems like control panel routes to the new interface.

I also tried changing the association for .txt files from notepad to notepad++ and it doesn't work either.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

petersteele, Aug 4, 2019
  3. extension default change

Would like to know how to change default programs for extensions eg. txt, rtf. NOT the easy way that doesn't work - settings only offers certain choices and I want something NOT listed - in this case I want Wordpad.

CharlesBrill, Aug 4, 2019
  4. How to change an .8BF file extension to its normal default after it was changed to open...

Change How Folders Open By Default (My laptop keeps using CMD)

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. I suggest you to set File Explorer as the Default program and check if that helps. To do this, refer the steps given below.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Default Programs.
    • Look for File Explorer towards the left pane and select it.
    • Set this as default program and apply changes.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

How to change an .8BF file extension to its normal default after it was changed to open...

1. How to change an .8BF file extension to its normal default after it was changed to open... - Similar Threads - change 8BF file

2. How to change default app for HTML extension?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change default app for HTML extension?: I recently re-installed my Windows 11 and struggled to set the Default App for the HTML file, it can only be opened with Ms. Edge, even when the default browser isn't Ms. Edge. I can't set the default app to the Code Editor such as Visual Studio Code or another app. Here's...
  3. How to change default app for HTML extension?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change default app for HTML extension?: I recently re-installed my Windows 11 and struggled to set the Default App for the HTML file, it can only be opened with Ms. Edge, even when the default browser isn't Ms. Edge. I can't set the default app to the Code Editor such as Visual Studio Code or another app. Here's...
  4. Change default file extension for application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change default file extension for application: I am using the windows 11 photo app. The default file extension is .NEF. Is there a way to change this to .TIFF or some other format? I use a photo editing tool that will not open .NEF and it means exporting the file and saving as to change the extension. I would like the...
  5. Change default file extension for application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default file extension for application: I am using the windows 11 photo app. The default file extension is .NEF. Is there a way to change this to .TIFF or some other format? I use a photo editing tool that will not open .NEF and it means exporting the file and saving as to change the extension. I would like the...
  6. How to change jar files to open default.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change jar files to open default.: So I accidentally changed it so my jar files open with internet explorer and I would like to make it the default instead of any apps without a system reset please advise....
  7. Changing default apps to match a file extension

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing default apps to match a file extension: I am attempting to change the default app of .tifs and .jpgs to Adobe Photoshop which isn't even on the list of default apps. Is there anyway to get it on the list? I have no use for the app that .tifs and jpgs do open in. I forget what it is,...
  8. File extension changed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File extension changed: how can I recover my files that changed to .mado extension? is there any easy idea my all files are encrypted as .mado . How to decrypt ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/file-extension-changed/5eb5c4f3-acce-4907-9e10-857faaec0e1c
  9. extension default change

in Windows 10 Customization
    extension default change: Would like to know how to change default programs for extensions eg. txt, rtf. NOT the easy way that doesn't work - settings only offers certain choices and I want something NOT listed - in this case I want Wordpad....
  10. How to change a file extension

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change a file extension: How do I change a file extension or file type in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-a-file-extension/f430aae6-5a42-4b76-b2f4-f45a21f6c8a8"