Windows 10: how to change an allowed item

Discus and support how to change an allowed item in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I accidently allowed a threat. how to fix it so it is not allowed... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CeceliaBenefiel, Apr 18, 2020.

1. how to change an allowed item

I accidently allowed a threat. how to fix it so it is not allowed

:)

CeceliaBenefiel, Apr 18, 2020

2. History, Allowed Items

Your question is not clear, what do you want to do with allowed list?

Do you want to view it?

Is there any item there?

Cyber_Defend_Team, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Windows defender does not allow for me to unquarantine items

Hi Michael,

The Real-time protection feature of Windows
    Defender stops malware from running on your device. It's possible that this feature is preventing the system from restoring/allowing the affected program. If you're sure that the affected program is virus free, we suggest that you disable the
    feature temporarily and try to restore the program. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Type Windows Defender settings in the search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Under Windows Defender, disable
      Real-time protection by clicking the toggle button.
    • Once you're done, restore the affected file/program and check if the issue persists.

Also, you can allow a quarantined file/program from the Windows
    Defender desktop app. If you have the app installed on your device, you can follow these steps:

• Type Windows Defender in the search box, and then select the Desktop app.
    • Under the History tab, click on the check box for the affected file/program.
    • Select Allow item.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

how to change an allowed item

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

how to change an allowed item

1. how to change an allowed item - Similar Threads - change allowed item

2. How to change the "No items match your search" text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the "No items match your search" text: this text on my PC is really bothering me, I have to cover my screen every time I search for something in File explorer AND when I save or open a file in a program. I absolutely f!#*in' hate this text to death, and could someone tell me a way to change it? if there is a way,...
  3. How to change the "No items match your search" text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the "No items match your search" text: this text on my PC is really bothering me, I have to cover my screen every time I search for something in File explorer AND when I save or open a file in a program. I absolutely f!#*in' hate this text to death, and could someone tell me a way to change it? if there is a way,...
  4. item name not allowed in cloud rename personal vault.lnk

item name not allowed in cloud rename personal vault.lnk: I keep getting this error item name not allowed in cloud rename personal vault.lnkOn windows 10 startup , how to fix ?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/item-name-not-allowed-in-cloud-rename-personal/e9a6c937-2083-4d2e-b415-a3080db8cb89
  5. Change "Open with" list items

Change "Open with" list items: Hi! I have difficulties changing open with menu items. My current open with menu looks like that: My Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.zip\OpenWith List looks like that: Why doesnt windows respect My...
  6. Change line Item to blue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change line Item to blue: I updated from Windows Version 1809 to Windows Version 1903. When I click on anything on my desktop a menu (different kinds) appears. When I move my cursor over any line item in any menu it would turn to blue (Windows Version 1809). Under Windows Version 1903 when I do the...
  7. How to change/push StartMenu change for existing users, and allowing them to change this...

How to change/push StartMenu change for existing users, and allowing them to change this...: Hi, I am dealing with a group of users who all have windows 10. I like to offer them a StartMenu template tiles. I have experimented with GPO and setting a startmenu. But after that it is hard for users to add a little afterwards. I know about the possibility of using...
  8. MSE allowed items

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MSE allowed items: I've been using Microsoft Security Essentials for a long time. Over the years, I've "allowed" four items; these show up in the history section. In the list, the program name doesn't give the file name--only the virus name. For example, one of them says,...
  9. How do I change colors of selected items and hovered items in Win10?

How do I change colors of selected items and hovered items in Win10?: I upgraded from Win7 to Win10. I had dark green selected item color and it partially transferred to Windows 10. My colors of Taskbar etc are turned on. I chose dark gray color of Title Bars, Taskbar etc., through the Personalization menu. But I can't find where the color of...
  10. How Change Taskbar Item Size?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Change Taskbar Item Size?: How Change Taskbar Item Size? Such as photo: [img] 27826