Windows 10: How to change app data to another folder/drive

Discus and support How to change app data to another folder/drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello MS I am Abikrishna a MS userI want to change my app data to another drive without making any files damage.my drive is almost full and get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ABIKRISHNA KB, Jun 8, 2023.

1. How to change app data to another folder/drive

Hello MS I am Abikrishna a MS userI want to change my app data to another drive without making any files damage.my drive is almost full and get lagging. Hope you help me. Kindly Abi

:)

ABIKRISHNA KB, Jun 8, 2023
  2. NTM2003 Win User

Upgrading my data drive HDD

I am not the one actually set it up for me I had geek squad do it for me because I didn't want to mess it up. but the folders that are listed in the data drive is
    program data
    steam
    users
    windows apps
    razar soft wear

NTM2003, Jun 8, 2023
  3. NdMk2o1o Win User
    Split Steam app folder between 2 HDD?

As the title suggests I want to find out if there's a way I can split my steam app folder on to 2 drives, specifically an SSD that I will be putting my OS and most used games and apps and a regular HDD for everything else?

NdMk2o1o, Jun 8, 2023
  4. Mike100 Win User

How to change app data to another folder/drive

Directing data to a second drive ?

To direct data to a second drive I thought you opened File Explorer > This PC > then right clicked (for example) Music > Properties and changed the Location.

However I can also open File Explorer > This PC > then left click Documents which displays Music along with other the folders.
    1) If I right click the Documents folder & change the Location, will that also change the Music & other folders listed within Documents?
    2) Why are the Music & other folders listed in Documents when they are already listed under This PC?
    File Explorer also shows Music under Quick Access. That’s 3 occurrences I’m looking at. Does it make a difference which one I use to change the Location?

Recently I came across this method which looks like it does the same thing, but does it?
    How to Change the Default Hard Drive for Saving Documents and Apps in Windows 10

Some online comments suggested creating a separate folder for each user account and make the new folders as subfolders of the user account folder. I am the only user. Is there some advantage of creating a user folder?

I've never used a second drive for storage & any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Mike100, Jun 8, 2023
Thema:

How to change app data to another folder/drive

1. How to change app data to another folder/drive - Similar Threads - change app data

2. How to change data from one account to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change data from one account to another: I had received a share of Microsoft 365, but the account in my windows is different from the one that has Microsoft 365 on it , i want to transfer all the data in my main account to the one with Microsoft 365, is there a way I can do this?i tried to make the account on my...
  3. How to change data from one account to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change data from one account to another: I had received a share of Microsoft 365, but the account in my windows is different from the one that has Microsoft 365 on it , i want to transfer all the data in my main account to the one with Microsoft 365, is there a way I can do this?i tried to make the account on my...
  4. How to change app data to another folder/drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change app data to another folder/drive: Hello MS I am Abikrishna a MS userI want to change my app data to another drive without making any files damage.my drive is almost full and get lagging. Hope you help me. Kindly Abi...
  5. videos folder in another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    videos folder in another drive: So the videos folder, which usually appears in C:/Users/***/ is shown as drive E and on opening it shows content of that drive. When I tried to make a new folder for videos in users folder , I get a prompt saying it already has a folder named 'videos'. How do I get the normal...
  6. Moving Folders to Another Drive

Moving Folders to Another Drive: I wanted to move some folders to another drive and found this article, https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-tip-move-your-default-data-folders-to-a-different-drive/#:~:text=To%20make%20the%20move%2C%20open,new%20location%20for%20that%20folder.I followed the steps to move...
  7. How to transfer all data from hard drive to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to transfer all data from hard drive to another?: I am upgrading from hard drive to ssd, how can i transfer ALL my data/ files/ games? Do i just plug them both in and copy paste? submitted by /u/icantchoosename123 [link] [comments]...
  8. Changing TEMP for to another drive

Changing TEMP for to another drive: Hello, I've been replaced my HDD with SanDisk Plus SSD. I want to change some Environment Variables such TEMP (user var. for current account), and Program Files to HDD to prevent TBW downs to minimum. How to do this? Could you do me a favor, please? *Sorry for my English...
  9. Deleted the App Data Folder on back up drive

Deleted the App Data Folder on back up drive: So, I was cleaning up an old hard drive that had still be installed that had old permissions on it, so I had to go through things by hand rather than just format it. I noticed something peculiar and very distressing: when I deleted items from the app data folder on the old...
  10. app data "fly" to another user

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    app data "fly" to another user: Hello, I need ideas to solve a situation I had when creating a new user without microsoft account. When doing this some errors happened but after reenacting created the new user, the problem is that when creating the new user passed the folder app date and others of the old...