Windows 10: how to change audio

Discus and support how to change audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I could really do with some much needed help, today I bought a new laptop - Hp Pavillion, I went to play some music on it and the sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hyldonruss, Oct 16, 2020.

1. how to change audio

Hi everyone,

I could really do with some much needed help, today I bought a new laptop - Hp Pavillion, I went to play some music on it and the sound quality is awful.
    It has hp b and O on it and when I went onto advance sound properties to try and change "the sample rate and bit depth to be used" - it wont allow me to change it.

on my last pc it would let you change it form 16 bit 48000 hz (dvd quality) to a higher one - but it wont allow me to do this I have uploaded a screen shot of what I get, its really anoying as my last pc - even though it was very slow allowed you to do this and every Pc I have used.

The sound is not good and Im surprised and hope someone can help.

Many Thanks

:)

hyldonruss, Oct 16, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Audio not working

Hi Mirdula,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed to fix the issue?

For now, I suggest that you refer to the article, Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips
    and check if the steps provided helps rectify the issue.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

how to change audio

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

how to change audio

1. how to change audio - Similar Threads - change audio

2. default audio output changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    default audio output changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound: I have an arctis 5 headset, it has never been an issue and to my understanding has always been set as the default audio output. Recently since updating my PC to windows 11 I have been turning my PC on to find that I have no sound in my headphones, naturally I check the audio...
  3. default audio output changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    default audio output changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound: I have an arctis 5 headset, it has never been an issue and to my understanding has always been set as the default audio output. Recently since updating my PC to windows 11 I have been turning my PC on to find that I have no sound in my headphones, naturally I check the audio...
  4. audio input changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio input changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound: I have an arctis 5 headset, it has never been an issue and to my understanding has always been set as the default audio output. Recently since updating my PC to windows 11 I have been turning my PC on to find that I have no sound in my headphones, naturally I check the audio...
  5. audio input changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound

audio input changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound: I have an arctis 5 headset, it has never been an issue and to my understanding has always been set as the default audio output. Recently since updating my PC to windows 11 I have been turning my PC on to find that I have no sound in my headphones, naturally I check the audio...
  6. How can I change the audio device type in Windows from speaker to headphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the audio device type in Windows from speaker to headphone: I recently got a wireless headset Beyerdynamic MMX 200, which is connected via a USB Dongle. At first it seemed to work fine, however when I wanted to play a few games, I noticed that it sounded like my PC is trying to use the Headset as speakers. This is especially noticable...
  7. How can I change the audio device type in Windows from speaker to headphone

How can I change the audio device type in Windows from speaker to headphone: I recently got a wireless headset Beyerdynamic MMX 200, which is connected via a USB Dongle. At first it seemed to work fine, however when I wanted to play a few games, I noticed that it sounded like my PC is trying to use the Headset as speakers. This is especially noticable...
  8. How can I change the audio device type in Windows from speaker to headphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Why is the balance slider in the audio settings changing both left and right at the same...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the balance slider in the audio settings changing both left and right at the same...: Hi,so I am using an external audio interface on wich i cant change the left and right balance and when I try to use the Windows 11 audio settings its changing both the left and the right slider at the same time. Is there a way to fix this or is the external interface the...
  10. Why is the balance slider in the audio settings changing both left and right at the same...

Why is the balance slider in the audio settings changing both left and right at the same...: Hi,so I am using an external audio interface on wich i cant change the left and right balance and when I try to use the Windows 11 audio settings its changing both the left and the right slider at the same time. Is there a way to fix this or is the external interface the...