Windows 10: How to change back to default settings

Discus and support How to change back to default settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, I have been downloadings MODS for the sims 4, but i accidently right clicked one of the programs/mods i downloaded and clicked "make iternet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SJR1995, May 8, 2021.

1. SJR1995 Win User

How to change back to default settings

Hey, I have been downloadings MODS for the sims 4, but i accidently right clicked one of the programs/mods i downloaded and clicked "make iternet explorer" my default to open the files. I didnt want this, how do i change it back??

:)

SJR1995, May 8, 2021
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, May 8, 2021
  3. Change How Folders Open By Default (My laptop keeps using CMD)

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. I suggest you to set File Explorer as the Default program and check if that helps. To do this, refer the steps given below.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Default Programs.
    • Look for File Explorer towards the left pane and select it.
    • Set this as default program and apply changes.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, May 8, 2021
  4. How to change back to default settings

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Have you tried the following? how to disable "recent places" in MS Word? - Super User

jaamulberry, May 8, 2021
Thema:

How to change back to default settings

1. How to change back to default settings - Similar Threads - change default settings

2. How to change Windows settings back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Windows settings back?: I recently downloaded the Amazon Appstore off the Microsoft store. I uninstalled it because some apps didn't work with it. How do I completely wipe out the files affecting my windows. The last time i made a recovery point for windows was a few months ago....
  3. How to change Windows settings back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change Windows settings back?: I recently downloaded the Amazon Appstore off the Microsoft store. I uninstalled it because some apps didn't work with it. How do I completely wipe out the files affecting my windows. The last time i made a recovery point for windows was a few months ago....
  4. A Service I've changed the default settings keeps resetting back to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    A Service I've changed the default settings keeps resetting back to default: There is a Service where I need the Log On property changed to "Local System account" with the allow service to interact with desktop checked. This is required for a program that needs to be run that connects to an external device. After some time it changes back to the...
  5. how to set my computer back to its default setting

how to set my computer back to its default setting: how reset my default setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-my-computer-back-to-its-default-setting/227bd7c9-e090-405d-b777-633725473b7d
  6. changing default setting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    changing default setting: I have set my laptop to open a .dav document with Widows Media Player. However, that can't do it so I now wish to change to another programme that will open it but can't work out how to....
  7. How can I change my display back to default settings?

How can I change my display back to default settings?: How do I change my display back to the default settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/how-can-i-change-my-display-back-to-default/94b1b49f-80bb-4056-8edf-96fe21763367
  8. setting colors back to default

setting colors back to default: In Windows 10, is there a way to set the colors and themes back to default? 113412
  9. setting colors back to default

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    setting colors back to default: In Windows 10, is there a way to set the colors and themes back to default? 113412
  10. changing default settings

in Browsers and Email
    changing default settings: I have office 2013 and use outlook for my email. When I delete a message it goes into my trash folder and not my deleted folder. Plus the trash folder keeps only a few days of deleted emai9ls. How can I change outlook to send deleted items to the deleted folder and also keep...