Windows 10: How to change birth date on microsoft accounts

Discus and support How to change birth date on microsoft accounts in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello,I was able to use windows and edge normal until several days ago, when some of my children changed my birth date to a minor, i.e. they set my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ivanagrgic bozic, Jan 21, 2022.

1. How to change birth date on microsoft accounts

Hello,I was able to use windows and edge normal until several days ago, when some of my children changed my birth date to a minor, i.e. they set my birthday to be 2014.I went into my profile, but I could't change the date. I'm not a minor, I have children on my own and I would like to use all features that I used before, without restrictions.Please help me with information on how to change the birthdate, because the system itself doesn't let me do that.Thank you in advance

:)

ivanagrgic bozic, Jan 21, 2022

2. Change my date of birth on microsoft profile

Hi Alex,

To change the date of birth on your Microsoft Account, you can follow the steps below:

• Sign in to
      Your info
      on the Microsoft account website.
    • Click Edit your personal info.
    • Select the correct date of birth, and then select Save.

If the birth date on a Microsoft account says that it belongs to a child, there are different steps to take in regions that regulate what children can do online. You can check this
    link for more information.

Let us know how it goes.

Loraine Mon, Jan 21, 2022
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Wrong date of birth entered on set up.

Hi Martyn,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, kindly help us with following information.

• When you say ‘Age/date of birth question on setup’, are you talking about the age/date of birth information requested while setting up a Microsoft account?

If you’re talking about the date of birth associated with your Microsoft account, you may try the steps listed in the article
    How to change a birthdate on a Microsoft account, to change the same.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 21, 2022
  4. How to change birth date on microsoft accounts

Issues while changing Date of Birth on Microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to change the Date of Birth on your Microsoft account.

Ideally, when you click on edit date of birth you should be re-directed to a page to confirm your credentials. However, as you have mentioned that nothing happens after clicking on the option, I would suggest you to follow the steps
    mention below.

Method 1:

If you are using a specific browser then you can try using any other browser and see if you are able to change the Date of Birth. You can try using Internet Explorer/Edge to access the webpage. Follow the steps below to open Internet
    Explorer/Edge.

1. Click on the Search
      Bar on the Taskbar.
    2. Now type Internet
      Explorer/Edge and click on it to open.

You can also try accessing the webpage in private browsing and see if you are able to change the Date of Birth. To access private browsing in Microsoft Edge/Internet Explorer press
    Ctrl + Shift + P keys together.

Method 2:

Try clearing the Cache/Cookies of the browser and see if that helps. Kindly follow the steps to clear Cookies.

Clear Cookies in Microsoft Edge.

1. Open Microsoft Edge and go to
      Settings and more > Settings > Privacy & security.
    2. Under Clear browsing data, select
      Choose what to clear.
    3. Select the Cookies and saved website data check box and then select
      Clear.

Clear Cookies in Internet Explorer.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for
      Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type
      inetcpl.cpl
      and hit enter.
    3. Under Browsing
      history click on Delete.
    4. Check the box next to
      Temporary
      Internet files and
      website files and Cookies
      and
      website data.
    5. Click on Delete.
    6. Now click on Apply and
      OK.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 21, 2022
Thema:

How to change birth date on microsoft accounts

1. How to change birth date on microsoft accounts - Similar Threads - change birth date

2. Change the birth of date in microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the birth of date in microsoft account: I want to change my microsoft acoount birth of date. The microsoft account state that I'm a 5 years old kid while I'm an adult. So it limit me to do another things. Please help me to solve this problem....
  3. Change the birth of date in microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the birth of date in microsoft account: I want to change my microsoft acoount birth of date. The microsoft account state that I'm a 5 years old kid while I'm an adult. So it limit me to do another things. Please help me to solve this problem....
  4. Changing date of birth on Microsoft account

Changing date of birth on Microsoft account: I accidentally changed my date of birth on my Microsoft account to my 6 year olds when attempting to set up an account for him. I need to change it back to my date of birth but it won’t let me and it’s all greyed out.Please help....
  5. Changing date of birth on Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing date of birth on Microsoft account: I accidentally changed my date of birth on my Microsoft account to my 6 year olds when attempting to set up an account for him. I need to change it back to my date of birth but it won’t let me and it’s all greyed out.Please help....
  6. change date of birth on Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change date of birth on Microsoft account: I am trying to help my dad who cannot access his email because his profile date of birth has him listed as a child. His date of birth cannot be changed because he is the only user and does not have a "parent" to change his data. His name and other information can be changed...
  7. change date of birth on Microsoft account

change date of birth on Microsoft account: I am trying to help my dad who cannot access his email because his profile date of birth has him listed as a child. His date of birth cannot be changed because he is the only user and does not have a "parent" to change his data. His name and other information can be changed...
  8. change date of birth on Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  9. How to change birth date on microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change birth date on microsoft accounts: Hello,I was able to use windows and edge normal until several days ago, when some of my children changed my birth date to a minor, i.e. they set my birthday to be 2014.I went into my profile, but I could't change the date. I'm not a minor, I have children on my own and I...
  10. How to change birth date on microsoft accounts

How to change birth date on microsoft accounts: Hello,I was able to use windows and edge normal until several days ago, when some of my children changed my birth date to a minor, i.e. they set my birthday to be 2014.I went into my profile, but I could't change the date. I'm not a minor, I have children on my own and I...