Windows 10: How to change BitLocker Encryption method & Cipher Strength in Windows 10

Discus and support How to change BitLocker Encryption method & Cipher Strength in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 uses XTS-AES 128 bit by default for operating system drives as well as fixed data drives – and AES-CBC 128 bit by default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 24, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to change BitLocker Encryption method & Cipher Strength in Windows 10

WinClub, Oct 24, 2019
  2. kevvyb Win User

Change BitLocker Encryption Method and Cipher Strength in Windows 10

Hi

Am just about to do this and need to step back. I will use the stronger cipher for all but USB drives. I will use a usb drive for authentication as well the windows password (if that's possible).

However, I have been used to using Truecrypt, partitioning all my drives to separate O/S and data. Truecrypt helpfully offered the function to mount the data drive/partition along with the system drive when the boot key was entered (as long as same key was used for both o/s and data partitions).

Now the real point of my post.....
    This worked really well and allowed me to move the locations of special folders to the data drive from where I backed these up, altogether, pictures, music, videos, downloads and desktop. The latter may be an issue with Bitlocker if unlike Truecrypt, it does not offer a way of mounting data drive along with o/s at boot time - otherwise the desktop and taskbar will probably not populate properly at boot.

Need to understand this before I start encryption.

It looks like I have to encrypt the partitions separately... or can they be encrypted together i.e. whole system drive including data partition....? Happy to use the same key for both as I did with Truecrypt.

Just need to know that my desktop will load at boot from the data partition if I move the special folder to data partition.

kevvyb, Oct 24, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 24, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Change BitLocker Encryption Method and Cipher Strength in Windows 10

Hello Kevin, How to change BitLocker Encryption method & Cipher Strength in Windows 10 :)

That's correct. BitLocker will encrypt per drive instead of whole hard disk.

Brink, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

1. How to change BitLocker Encryption method & Cipher Strength in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - change BitLocker Encryption

2. How to Resume or Suspend BitLocker encryption in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Resume or Suspend BitLocker encryption in Windows 10: [ATTACH]BitLocker security software created by Microsoft is based on next-generation secure computing architecture. It is encrypted for all devices whether portable or non-portable to prevent third-party intrusion while working on the device. It is used by many organizations...
  3. How to remove BitLocker encryption in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove BitLocker encryption in Windows 10: My laptop went in recovery mode and BitLocker popped up. How do I start my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-bitlocker-encryption-in-windows-10/8a8b3d0f-3add-4f6f-b474-04bb35d8ce03
  4. Change encryption method with PowerShell

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change encryption method with PowerShell: Hi guys, As the title says, is it possible to change the already in place encryption with a PowerShell script that might say: decypher -> change to AES-256 -> Enable? I have around 900 devices that have been encrypted with default and now ITSec want's to change the...
  5. How to Reinstall Windows 10 in Bitlocker encrypted HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Reinstall Windows 10 in Bitlocker encrypted HDD: Hi, Currently i am using windows 10 with 2 partitions and Bitlocker encryption have enabled for 2 partitions. Now i want to format and reinstall windows10. Please let me know can i reinstall windows 10 in normal process or required any other steps to do before reinstall....
  6. The remote host supports the use of SSL ciphers that offer medium strength encryption

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The remote host supports the use of SSL ciphers that offer medium strength encryption: The remote host supports the use of SSL ciphers that offer medium strength encryption. Nessus regards medium strength as any encryption that uses key lengths at least 64 bits and less than 112 bits, or else that uses the 3DES encryption suite. Note that it is considerably...
  7. How to change to use hardware encryption or use bitlocker protection on

How to change to use hardware encryption or use bitlocker protection on: My new dell notebook default use bitlocker but mamage-bde status show protection is off then i change to use hardware encryption in gpedit fixed drive but manage-bde Show no hardware emcryption word, it seems still using software encryption and i had used specified...
  8. Encrypt a folder with Cipher

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Encrypt a folder with Cipher: I recently heard about this command in the Cmd called "cipher" where it can encrypt a folder, so I decided to give it a try. This is what the file looks like: [ATTACH] So I try to encrypt Derek's things(a folder) with the command in the command prompt: (my drive is C:)...
  9. BitLocker - how to change "Used Space Only Encrypted" to Full

BitLocker - how to change "Used Space Only Encrypted" to Full: Hello I'm looking for a way to change BitLocker encryption scope from 'Used Space Only' to "Full Disk' without doing ful decryption. Is it at all possible? I could not find any useful information on TechNet. 83055
  10. Change BitLocker Encryption Method and Cipher Strength in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change BitLocker Encryption Method and Cipher Strength in Windows 10: How to: Change BitLocker Encryption Method and Cipher Strength in Windows 10 How to Set Default BitLocker Encryption Method and Cipher Strength in Windows 10 You can use BitLocker Drive Encryption to help protect your files on an entire drive. BitLocker can help block...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cypher block chain bitlocker

2. how to set bitlocker to 256bit aes windows 10?