Windows 10: How to change Boot Menu Timeout in Windows 11/10

Discus and support How to change Boot Menu Timeout in Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]In this tutorial, we will show you how to change Boot Menu Timeout in Windows 11/10. If the default boot menu timeout (which is 30 seconds) or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 5, 2023.

1. WinClub New Member

How to change Boot Menu Timeout in Windows 11/10

How to change Boot Menu Timeout in Windows 11/10 [​IMG]
    In this tutorial, we will show you how to change Boot Menu Timeout in Windows 11/10. If the default boot menu timeout (which is 30 seconds) or wait time to display operating systems installed on your computer is not satisfactory, then you can increase or decrease this time delay to select an operating system with […]

This article How to change Boot Menu Timeout in Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 5, 2023

2. No startup boot menu

Hello Kimoefat,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to access the System configuration utility and check if the Operating System installation path for Ubuntu exists. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Type msconfig in the search bar and select System Configuration from the search results.
    • Select the boot tab in the System configuration console to check if the installation path for Ubuntu exists.
    If it exists, next logical step is to check if the boot menu time out has been set to 0, which results in Boot menu not showing up.

The boot menu time-out determines how long the boot menu is displayed before the default boot entry is loaded. It is calibrated in seconds. To change the boot menu time-out, use the Bootcfg
    /timeout switch. Valid values are from 0 through 999. You cannot use Bootcfg to set an indefinite time-out.

You can run the following Run command line to set the boot menu time-out accordingly. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt

• Type in the following command: bootcfg /timeout 10

timeout 10
      will set the time frame to 10 seconds
    However, if the Boot path for Ubuntu does not exist in the boot menu of System Configuration utility, I would suggest you to check if the Ubuntu is overridden by the Windows installation or if the Ubuntu installation files are corrupted.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 5, 2023
  3. Unable to change windows 10 timeout

Unable to change windows 10 timeout

I have tried all options suggested like;

• changing lock setting in Persoanlize-lock screen-screen save settings- change wait value (doesnt hold value, whatever I set comes back to 2).
    • Changed registry to enable Power Options-Sleep-Sytem unattended sleep timeout , changed it to 60 min
    • Changed registry to enable Power Options-Display-Console lock display off timeout , changed it to 60 min
    • System file checker tool didnt find any correct/missing files "Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files - Microsoft Support"
    None of the options work, after 2 minutes my computer locks. Is there any way out of this nightmare or should I switch to older windows?

B Prakash 0626, May 5, 2023
  4. Arul_D Win User

How to change the Screen Timeout settings

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop and click on Personalization.

• Click on Lock screen

• On the bottom of the screen click on Screen Timeout.

• Under screen select the Time period accordingly.
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, May 5, 2023
Thema:

1. How to change Boot Menu Timeout in Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - change Boot Menu

2. How to change timeout of backlit keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change timeout of backlit keyboard: Hi,Want to extend amount of time the backlit keyboard remains on in a Windows 11 laptop. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-timeout-of-backlit-keyboard/901393fc-86d2-4096-acd7-0ac142da4128
  3. How to change timeout of backlit keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change timeout of backlit keyboard: Hi,Want to extend amount of time the backlit keyboard remains on in a Windows 11 laptop. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-timeout-of-backlit-keyboard/901393fc-86d2-4096-acd7-0ac142da4128
  4. How to change Text Caret Cursor Blink Timeout in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Text Caret Cursor Blink Timeout in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]In Windows 11 or Windows 10 operating system, the text cursor is that blinking line at the end of what you are typing. Caret Timeout (default is 5000 milliseconds or 5 seconds) is the time in milliseconds that the text cursor will continue to blink before it...
  5. How to change logos in Windows 10 boot menu?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to change logos in Windows 10 boot menu?: I was wondering, can you change the logos when you're in advance options wit a dual boot? I have a dual boot with Windows 10 and 7 and I want to change the 7 logo to look like the Windows 7 logo. [ATTACH]...
  6. Changed boot menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changed boot menu: I am trying to upgrade my pc from a 32bit to 64 bit. I did the media creation tool and I am using a usb flash drive. I finished creating the bootable flash drive but when i went to change the boot menu to UEFI to start from a usb device. I saved the changes and exited the...
  7. Change Domain Timeout

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Domain Timeout: Hi yeah, so our company computers are part of an AD and domain. If I mis-type my password logging in while not connected to the company network (this is permitted) the timeout is insanely long. Maybe a full minute? And if I need to put my admin credentials for an application...
  8. How to change boot menu color?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change boot menu color?: By default, the boot menu is blue background with white text, I would like to know on how to change boot menu color into black background with white text. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
  9. How to change Screensaver timeout settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Screensaver timeout settings in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Screensaver is a cool feature in Windows which lets you display animation or automatic change your wallpaper when you are not using the computer. It can also time out and lock the device when left idle for a long [...] This post How to change Screensaver...
  10. how to change screen timeout

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change screen timeout: how to change screen time out setting in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-screen-timeout/3a2fad57-aad6-42ab-9db1-70741c2b4b23