Windows 10: How To Change Boot Sequence in Win 10 -- Classic question different version

Discus and support How To Change Boot Sequence in Win 10 -- Classic question different version in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi My manufacturer (Lenovo) says that: Microsoft requires Lenovo to configure all Microsoft Windows 8 and 10 PCs with the following UEFI firmware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarkKnightrider, Oct 13, 2018.

1. How To Change Boot Sequence in Win 10 -- Classic question different version

Hi

My manufacturer (Lenovo) says that:

Microsoft requires Lenovo to configure all Microsoft Windows 8 and 10 PCs with the following UEFI firmware (BIOS) settings:

• UEFI only
    • Secure Boot

With these settings, it is not possible to boot a Legacy operating system such as DOS or Microsoft Windows XP. Also, it is not possible to boot an operating system that is not enabled for Secure Boot, such as Microsoft Windows 7 and certain Linux distributions.

Hence, if you need to switch boot order in order to boot from a USB device, it's not possible for a USER to do so because

the UEFI area is grey and its not possible to access it via keyboard. I use Insyde H20 vers 5 as BIOS.

What is the best step by step course action via Windows 10 to enable legacy mode in your BIOS, without the risk of screwing up

anything else?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

MarkKnightrider

:)

MarkKnightrider, Oct 13, 2018

2. How To Change Boot Sequence in Win 10

I recently (June 2017) bought a Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567 computer with Windows 10 installed.

I have created a backup image of the OS and also burned a bootable disk so that I can reinstall Windows 10 at a future date.

My old computer (which uses Windows 7) permits me to change the boot order sequence by using the F12 key during the startup process to access the BIOS and then edit the boot order sequence so that the machine
    boots from a DVD or USB drive. This makes it possible to restore a backup image from a previous date or even to use a different OS, e.g. Linux.

My problem is that the F12 key does not work on the new machine and I do not know how to create a boot order sequence that will permit me to boot from a DVD or USB drive instead of the hard drive. So at this
    point, I cannot use the bootable recovery disk that I prepared. I understand that there is now UEFI technology that controls booting.

Question: How can I make make the new computer boot from a DVD or USB drive?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Richard

Ricardo Alejandro Rubio, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Changing the boot sequence on W 10

I am running a Dell computer which I upgraded from VISTA to Windows 7 and then to Windows 10. I would like to change the boot sequence. On booting there are a couple notes at the right bottom of the screen indicating "Press F2 to change settings" or
    "F12 to change boot sequence". Neither of these work. Is there another way to get into BIOS to change the boot sequence?

BobWilburn, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Joan Pin Win User

How To Change Boot Sequence in Win 10 -- Classic question different version

Booting Sequence

Hi,

The boot order applies to any Windows operating system. It's a BIOS setting that can change the boot order of your device. What is the make and model of your device?

We suggest that you contact the manufacturer of your device for the boot sequence since some manufacturer provides certain customization on the operating system.

If you have other questions, feel free to reach out to us.

Joan Pin, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

How To Change Boot Sequence in Win 10 -- Classic question different version

1. How To Change Boot Sequence in Win 10 -- Classic question different version - Similar Threads - Change Boot Sequence

2. Boot sequence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot sequence: Is there a downloadable tool out there, that will allow me to follow my Windows 10 boot sequence? My PC seems to freeze up during the boot sequence somewhere. I remember with the older versions of Windows, there was a way to follow the boot sequence....
  3. Boot sequence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot sequence: Is there a downloadable tool out there, that will allow me to follow my Windows 10 boot sequence? My PC seems to freeze up during the boot sequence somewhere. I remember with the older versions of Windows, there was a way to follow the boot sequence....
  4. Boot sequence

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to trigger BIOS for changing boot sequence ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to trigger BIOS for changing boot sequence ?: Processor: IntelR CoreCfM i7 CPU X 990 @ 3.47GHz; Motherboard : Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA X58A-UD5In the POST display, it says 'Press DEL for BIOS' and 'Press F12 for Boot Sequence'. Pressing DEL, as also pressing F12, gets ignored; StartUp options can be triggered by...
  6. Different Windows 10 boot sequence / different display with new efi partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different Windows 10 boot sequence / different display with new efi partition: I have no clue if this is the right subreddit to ask such a question, so please redirect me if this is the wrong place! I wanted to clean up my secondary drive today and realized that there was a efi partition and a recovery partition on it, while my primary drive with my...
  7. Change boot sequence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change boot sequence: When my computer boots up I do not get a message "Press f* to enter BIOS" although the facility must be there somewhere, I've been able to find a way in to change some of the settings but not the boot sequence. Unfortunately it's so long since I needed to do this I've...
  8. How to change the boot sequence

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change the boot sequence: How do I change the boot sequence on W10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-boot-sequence/b7db8bbf-4914-4af3-8331-e26314d38669"
  9. boot sequence changed automatically how to reverse it

in Windows 10 Customization
    boot sequence changed automatically how to reverse it: i have dell 15R 5520 laptop with windows 10. Day before yesterday when i started my laptop it showed pxe over ipv4 and pxe over ipv6 during boot. I pressed esc from it and my pc started i checked my boot order and found it was changed and now windows boot manager is listed at...
  10. How to change boot sequence to usb to boot to fresh copy of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to change boot sequence to usb to boot to fresh copy of Windows 10: Good day everyone! I hope you can help me with this newbie question. My Dell laptop has been nothing but a pain since day 1. I want to remove any possibility of this being a hardware problem by doing a fresh install with a downloaded copy of Win 10 from Microsoft, using a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is the preferred boot sequence for win10

2. how to change boot sequence in win 10 on dell inspiron 3064 aio