Windows 10: how to change border widths under win10 pro

Discus and support how to change border widths under win10 pro in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi y'all, how do you change border widths under win10 pro? Brgds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndyBethune9, May 11, 2020.

1. how to change border widths under win10 pro

Hi y'all,

how do you change border widths under win10 pro?

Brgds

:)

AndyBethune9, May 11, 2020

2. Window border width

I have got two computers with Windows 10. One of them display windows with 1px wide border but the second with 7px wide (computer has lower resolution so it is a bit ugly).

Is possible to change width of window border?

Betelgeuze, May 11, 2020
  3. Toothless Win User
    Win10 start screen

Okay so I kicked it and got Win10 (Pro of course from my 8.1 pro)

EDIT: and how do i change the window border, i want it back to black bordered windows.

EDIT 2: i just need help with the window borders, got the metro 80% fixed.

Toothless, May 11, 2020
  4. how to change border widths under win10 pro

Windows 10 how to get rid of thick colored borders!!!

Hi,

The width of the border in every window you open in your computer is normally very thin. Getting a thick border would somehow imply that the border settings have been changed.

To change the Window border width, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Windows key and select Run.
    • In the Run field, type regedit, and click OK.
    • Click Yes if prompted by UAC.
    • In regedit, navigate to the location below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics
    5. In the right pane of WindowMetrics, double click PaddedBorderWidth to modify it.

6. Type in a data value of 0 (zero) or between -1 to -1500, and click OK.

7. Close regedit.

8. Sign out and sign in with your user account to apply.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 11, 2020
Thema:

how to change border widths under win10 pro

1. how to change border widths under win10 pro - Similar Threads - change border widths

2. Trying to increase border width and regedit not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to increase border width and regedit not working: Hi all, I am a brand new user of W10. I am trying really hard to get used to it, but not doing well and getting really frustrated. Right now I am trying to increase the size of the borders of the windows and have followed several sets of directions telling me to go to...
  3. Windows Metrics - Padded Border Width issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Metrics - Padded Border Width issue: Hi! I already set 'Border Width = 0' and 'Padded Border Width = 0' but there are still gaps. Before I posted I already spent a lot of time to solve this issue, looks like can't do this by myself. Any help would be awesome! https://i.snipboard.io/HR7fv2.jpg submitted by...
  4. Change the width of the cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Change the width of the cursor: How to change the width of the cursor ascii 124 (vertical line). 134665
  5. How to change width of clock display

How to change width of clock display: Ever since the anniversary update my clock has not been able to fully display the date and time. [img] I use 1st Clock Taskbar clock and there has not been a problem before. Is there a way of increasing the size of the area to display the info the clock is...
  6. Change window border width back to 1 pixel under high contrast

Change window border width back to 1 pixel under high contrast: Windows defaults to thick window borders using the high contrast mode. How can I change it back to just 1 pixel width which is the default under non high contrast modes? 40336
  7. Cannot change border width in latest version of Windows 10

Cannot change border width in latest version of Windows 10: Have Windows 10 Pro 1511 10586.17 installed but want to make the windows borders bit wider as I do not like the ultra narrow ones. I have changed borderwidth setting in registry and have also done so with the paddedborderwidth setting but regardless of what I do to that...
  8. How to increase the width of the line under the taskbar icons?

How to increase the width of the line under the taskbar icons?: I want to increase the width of the lines under the open items in task bar in windows 10...the lines that currently appear are too narrow and a little hard to see. Can this be possibly done, even if it's through the use of a third-party software? Or otherwise, is there anyway...
  9. context menu border size to width

context menu border size to width: Hi, Is there a way to adjust the context menu border size? What is the default size? My border is too wide i think. [img] 45598
  10. How to change width of toolbars

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change width of toolbars: Hi im using DU Meter for showing internet stats as a toolbar, but at 4k resolution the toolbar gets distorted. It does not have enough width, the numbers get cut off. Does anyone know how to change the size of toolbars? They are called task bands i think but i havent found...