Windows 10: How to change brightness of monitor with keyboard?

Discus and support How to change brightness of monitor with keyboard? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have the Microsoft Surface Keyboard and I am trying to change the brightness with the keyboard on my monitor but only the brightness slide comes up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GoldGlove2720, Dec 28, 2019.

1. How to change brightness of monitor with keyboard?

I have the Microsoft Surface Keyboard and I am trying to change the brightness with the keyboard on my monitor but only the brightness slide comes up but no change in brightness. Any way to fix this?

submitted by /u/GoldGlove2720
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GoldGlove2720, Dec 28, 2019

2. monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Dec 28, 2019
  3. changing monitor brightness

FredHapgood, Dec 28, 2019
  4. How to change brightness of monitor with keyboard?

Brightness can not be adjusted.

Hi Sirajudeen,

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

How to change brightness of monitor with keyboard?

1. How to change brightness of monitor with keyboard? - Similar Threads - change brightness monitor

2. Why brightness of monitor can't be changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why brightness of monitor can't be changed: Hi there ! i am struggling to find a way how to adjust brightness of a screen of a laptop, it was working before, i dont know after which action it stopped working, i updated driver of intel graphics, of nvidia drivers, windows updates and almost had coition with a voodoo...
  3. Why brightness of monitor can't be changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why brightness of monitor can't be changed: Hi there ! i am struggling to find a way how to adjust brightness of a screen of a laptop, it was working before, i dont know after which action it stopped working, i updated driver of intel graphics, of nvidia drivers, windows updates and almost had coition with a voodoo...
  4. How can I change the brightness when the keyboards are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the brightness when the keyboards are not working: Hello, my laptop brightness is not working, even when I press the keys. I tried everything, but it still is not changing. I don't know how to fix it...
  5. How can I change the brightness when the keyboards are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I change the brightness when the keyboards are not working: Hello, my laptop brightness is not working, even when I press the keys. I tried everything, but it still is not changing. I don't know how to fix it...
  6. How to reduce brightness of monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to reduce brightness of monitor: How to change monitor brightness https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reduce-brightness-of-monitor/c667b165-a570-4827-bb7e-fc15e1302748
  7. How can I control the brightness of my monitor with my keyboard's brightness controls?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I control the brightness of my monitor with my keyboard's brightness controls?: I bought the Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop keyboard. It has brightness function keys. They obviously work because the brightness slider appears in the upper left corner of the screen but the actual brightness doesn't react to the changes. Until now I have been using...
  8. Changing brightness on desktop monitors

Changing brightness on desktop monitors: Why is there no brightness slider for external monitors..? Instead of using the buttons maybe windows could be able to create a black colour covering the whole screen, the brightness could be changed depending the what opactity the black mask is. The back light will be the...
  9. How to adjust monitor brightness

How to adjust monitor brightness: Monitor is a Dell S2419H and is way to bright. I can find no way to adjust its brightness using the On Screen Display or using the Display Settings of Win 10. I'm sure there must be a way but I just can't find it. Will someone please give me a hand? Thank you. 129234
  10. changing brightness with keyboard

changing brightness with keyboard: I could change my screen brightness with simply pressing f3 & f4 . my volume control button f5, f6,f7 still works but the brightness have to change from the settings....