Windows 10: How to change browser that email opens in from IE to Edge?

Discus and support How to change browser that email opens in from IE to Edge? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello! I mistakenly chose IE as the browser for my emails to open in when I imported my mails from outlook and I wish to change this to MS Edge. How... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by eowyn2b, Oct 15, 2015.

1. eowyn2b Win User

How to change browser that email opens in from IE to Edge?

Hello!

I mistakenly chose IE as the browser for my emails to open in when I imported my mails from outlook and I wish to change this to MS Edge. How to I go about this? I've checked in the settings, but it doesn't seem to have what I'm looking for. MY IE doesn't function as well as Edge and I'd like to correct this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

:)

eowyn2b, Oct 15, 2015

2. How to change the default browser from IE to Firefox or how to change opening a PDF from IE to Soda

Original Title: changing default from IE to Soda

In settings for IE, I cannot find how to change the default browser from IE to Firefox or how to change opening a PDF from IE to Soda. Thanks

witchy womanSC, Oct 15, 2015
  3. How to change the default browser from IE to Firefox or how to change opening a PDF from IE to Soda

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

In order to set the default browser, I suggest you to refer the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/make-ie-default-browser#ie=ie-11

Please refer the below article in order to change the default program
    in Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-default-programs-in-windows-10#

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 15, 2015
  4. How to change browser that email opens in from IE to Edge?

settings/system/default apps/ scroll down/choose default apps by protocol then change both to Edge.

How to change browser that email opens in from IE to Edge? [​IMG]

Torquemada, Oct 15, 2015
  5. eowyn2b Win User
    That did the trick, thanks so much! *Smile

eowyn2b, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to change browser that email opens in from IE to Edge?

1. How to change browser that email opens in from IE to Edge? - Similar Threads - change browser email

2. No browsers will open apart from edge.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No browsers will open apart from edge.: So I built my pc yesterday and had an earlier version of windows 10 installed on it so I decided to install some apps that i would use before updating to the latest version e.g. Opera. It worked fine in that version but since updating to the latest version of windows 10 it...
  3. IE Yahoo Email logon automatically opens Edge? :(

in Browsers and Email
    IE Yahoo Email logon automatically opens Edge? :(: . *Eek Today on this laptop, I opened IE and tried to log into yahoo mail. I had just yesterday been forced to accept win 10 ver 2004 (autodownloaded and installed) and now am unable to access yahoo mail without it automatically opening edge (with IE saying this website...
  4. All browsers except Edge/IE crash immediately upon opening.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All browsers except Edge/IE crash immediately upon opening.: For about a week or so now since the latest windows update, Chrome crashes upon opening. The window silhouette appears for a microsecond, then disappears immediately. I though this wasn't a Windows issue until, after extensive troubleshooting, I decided to try Firefox...
  5. Win 10 Keeps changing the default Browser back to IE / Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Keeps changing the default Browser back to IE / Edge: All- I change the default browser back to Chrome at least 3 times a week. I seems like everytime someone sends me a URL in a MS app (Skype for Business, Outlook, etc) .. and I click that link 1) The URL opens in IE or Edge .. and 2) It changes my default browser back to...
  6. I want to prevent IE from opening from Edge

in Browsers and Email
    I want to prevent IE from opening from Edge: I'm using Edge at my job location which is running the enterprise version of Windows 10. My Edge homepage is the company's homepage URL. On this page are other intranet URLs. Whenever I click on any of those URLs, IE 11 opens. How can I prevent IE from opening to make the URL...
  7. I want to prevent IE from opening from Edge

in Windows 10 Support
    I want to prevent IE from opening from Edge: I'm using Edge at my job location which is running the enterprise version of Windows 10. My Edge homepage is the company's homepage URL. On this page are other intranet URLs. Whenever I click on any of those URLs, IE 11 opens. How can I prevent IE from opening to make the URL...
  8. How to Auto save credentials in IE,Edge Browser?

in Browsers and Email
    How to Auto save credentials in IE,Edge Browser?: Hello everyone, i want to auto save credentials during sign in instead of doing manually. is there any way please guide me? [img] Thanks. 79550
  9. edge browser emulates IE -not a fan anymore

in Browsers and Email
    edge browser emulates IE -not a fan anymore: since after the recent upgrade to win10, edge browser received additional addons like lastpass. i though oh great news.. however, edge has been behaving quite like IE. page loads freeze. get popup "page unresponsive" so much so, i would have to close it and use an alternative...
  10. How to reset IE as default browser instead of Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to reset IE as default browser instead of Edge: Hi there I can't use EDGE as my default browser as I have a few media servers and as has been pointed out that as EDGE is a universal app addresses like 127.0.0.1:8000 (i.e localhost type stuff) are no longer addressable. I need these types of addresses to use the web...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change how email open ib browser

2. change browser that email opens from ie to edge

3. 2019 results for edge is default but things open in ie