Windows 10: How to change Color Depth?

Discus and support How to change Color Depth? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I connect the HDMI out on my laptop to my Samsung TV, the TV displays the error message "mode not supported". For Samsung TV's, this means the TV... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/the_guitarkid70, Jul 3, 2020.

1. How to change Color Depth?

When I connect the HDMI out on my laptop to my Samsung TV, the TV displays the error message "mode not supported". For Samsung TV's, this means the TV is receiving a signal at a resolution the TV is not capable of producing. My laptop is set to a resolution that I know matches the TV and is supported by the TV (1920x1080, 60p), and I know this based on the lists of available resolutions found in Intel graphics command center and Windows control panel's advanced display settings.

The only thing I can see that doesn't match between the two displays is that the TV is set to 8-bit while the laptop is set to 6-bit (I assume this is referring to bpc, not truly 6-bit and 8-bit). I've been searching for about an hour now and can't seem to find a way to change the color depth to make it match. The only way that seems like it should work is:

Display settings > advanced display settings > display adaptor properties for display 1 > list all modes > select mode

at which point I select the mode "1920 by 1080, True Color (32 bit), 60 Hertz". But when I apply the changes and close out the display adaptor properties window, I find the advanced display settings window beneath it still reports that my resolution is 6-bit, not 8-bit (again I'm assuming this is actually bpc, meaning 8-bit is actually referring to 32-bit, if I understand correctly).

TL;DR How do I change the color depth/bit depth in windows 10 with Intel graphics card?

submitted by /u/the_guitarkid70
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/the_guitarkid70, Jul 3, 2020

2. How do I change the color on my screen

Hi David,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on the query, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. May I know the make and model of the computer?
    2. When you say “I have tried everything” please let us know the steps that you have performed?
    3. May I know are you trying to change desktop background color or the theme color in settings page?

Please refer
    Change desktop background and colors
    on how personalize the accent color and check if it helps.

Feel free the get back to us with details and results after performing the steps that were asked and suggested, for further assistance.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Jul 3, 2020
  3. How to change default desktop color

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that you would like to change the default desktop color.

You may follow the steps given below and check.

• Click on the start button.

• Click on settings.

• Click on personalization.

• Select color.

• Choose a color for your desktop.

I would suggest you to refer to the Microsoft Help Article given below and check if that helps.

Get Started with Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Jul 3, 2020
  4. How to change Color Depth?

How to change taskbar colors in Windows 10

Hi Shyla,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>Personalization.
    • In the left pane, click on Colors.
    • Make the required changes and close the Settings window.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

How to change Color Depth?

1. How to change Color Depth? - Similar Threads - change Color Depth

2. How to change the colour depth to 8bit on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the colour depth to 8bit on Windows 11?: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 520, Installed Windows 11 last week. I did not noticed before but now while verifying if everything installed after the upgrade I noticed the display colour depth is set to 6-bit in the Advanced Display Setting Window. Under the List All Modes it shows...
  3. Changing Color Depth on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing Color Depth on Windows 10?: I have a Dell Inspiron 3583 laptop, and the Display Information in Settings lists my color depth as 6-bit. However, under List All Modes for my graphics driver, a color depth of 32 bits is listed, so I was wondering if I could increase the color depth of my monitor. If I'm...
  4. RDP and color depth won’t change from 24 bit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP and color depth won’t change from 24 bit: Im trying to get server 2019 (host) to support the Mac RPD clients color depth setting of 32 bit. However, changes to the client or the various GPO and registry settings Ive come across appear to not have any impact. Is there anything special with 2019 and RPD color settings?...
  5. screen color bit depth

screen color bit depth: my screen resolution on my Toshiba laptop looks like old time 8bit color with lots of distortion how do I get a better color depth display adpter is an intel 4600 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-color-bit-depth/a40f3cdb-cf31-4459-92f0-92d644026d7a
  6. can i change color depth

in Windows 10 Customization
    can i change color depth: how to change color depth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-change-color-depth/bdd1e041-caa0-49e6-bb88-1e93c3d2d5cb
  7. Remote Desktop Color Depth - how to adjust

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Color Depth - how to adjust: Hi, I'm attempting to increase the color depth of a remote connection but not getting anywhere. Google offers two suggestions: 1) On the RD Session Host server, open Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration. To open Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration, click Start,...
  8. Remote Desktoip Color Depth - how to adjust

in Windows 10 Support
    Remote Desktoip Color Depth - how to adjust: Hi, I'm attempting to increase the color depth of a remote connection but not getting anywhere. Google offers two suggestions: 1) On the RD Session Host server, open Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration. To open Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration, click Start,...
  9. color depth

in Windows 10 Customization
    color depth: How do I change the color depth to 16-bit on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-depth/8ebdc1aa-f600-4cf7-bc40-2cc994eb2fa5
  10. Bit Depth (Color Depth) of my display is too low

Bit Depth (Color Depth) of my display is too low: Hey, When I install Intel UHD Graphics Driver, Windows 10 reports the bit depth to be 6 bits only..Please refer to the below screenshot When I uninstall Intel UHD Graphics Driver, bit depth increases to 8 bits... Why is this so? And even 8 bits is too low......