Windows 10: How to change Contact Info in Gmail

Discus and support How to change Contact Info in Gmail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; So nothing happened this morning. Doing work as usual. Gmail was up and then...I'm locked out, yet again, just like when the NYC blackout happened. But... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by RonNewYork, Jul 28, 2019.

1. How to change Contact Info in Gmail

So nothing happened this morning. Doing work as usual. Gmail was up and then...I'm locked out, yet again, just like when the NYC blackout happened. But in this case, nothing happened at all. It was from one moment to the next.

After much work, I got back in. But...I need to change a phone number in Personal Info->Contact Info.

There doesn't seem to be a way to change this.

Any help is appreciated.

I think I'll move to Outlook.

RON

:)

RonNewYork, Jul 28, 2019
  2. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Jul 28, 2019
  3. davidhk Win User
    Email contacts missing

1. If you open Mail app and click the + sign for New mail > type first couple of letters of a contact name > will a list of suggested names appear ?

2. Go to All apps > scroll to P > click People. Is the contact list there ?

davidhk, Jul 28, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

How to change Contact Info in Gmail

Gmail contacts in in Win10

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would like to ask few questions regarding this issue for a better understanding. Please answer these questions:

• Is this issue specific to Gmail?

• Have you linked Gmail account to Outlook?
    If this issue specific to Gmail, I would suggest you to contact Gmail support for further assistance. Refer to the below link and check if it helps.

productforums.google.com/d/forum/gmail

Reply us back with more information. We will be glad to assist.

Arul_D, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

How to change Contact Info in Gmail

1. How to change Contact Info in Gmail - Similar Threads - change Contact Info

2. Windows 11, gmail contacts disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, gmail contacts disappeared: A box opened after clicking on contacts in gmail asking if I wanted "others" to see the info. I clicked on No, and the contacts disappeared and I cannot find a way to get them back. When I open the actual gmail account, the contacts are there, but I cannot sync them to the...
  3. Windows 11, gmail contacts disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, gmail contacts disappeared: A box opened after clicking on contacts in gmail asking if I wanted "others" to see the info. I clicked on No, and the contacts disappeared and I cannot find a way to get them back. When I open the actual gmail account, the contacts are there, but I cannot sync them to the...
  4. Undeleteable Gmail Contact.

in Browsers and Email
    Undeleteable Gmail Contact.: Hi Folks, my friend was getting Spam in large numbers, so he deleted his Gmail account and created a new one. That was 4 weeks ago. Since then, I have removed his old address and added his new one in all my Contacts list, except one. Both his contacts are in my Windows 10...
  5. Cleaning up gmail contacts

in Browsers and Email
    Cleaning up gmail contacts: Hi Guys I did a google asking how to remove unwanted gmail contacts and when list opened, I went to the 3 lined (hamburger) menu and deleted the unwanted ones. BUT, when I open gmail/compose/To and type in any letter, I still get lots of addresses I have previously used....
  6. Cleaning up gmail contacts

in Windows 10 Support
    Cleaning up gmail contacts: Hi Guys I did a google asking how to remove unwanted gmail contacts and when list opened, I went to the 3 lined (hamburger) menu and deleted the unwanted ones. BUT, when I open gmail/compose/To and type in any letter, I still get lots of addresses I have previously used....
  7. Gmail not receiving info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail not receiving info: I purchased a tracking watch paired to phone but when Runmifit sends me verification code on gmail, I don't receive it. Do I have to use Outlook email account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-not-receiving-info/0fb274e0-47d8-42f9-a62b-80c03d929d9e
  8. How to change Contact Info in Gmail

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change Contact Info in Gmail: So nothing happened this morning. Doing work as usual. Gmail was up and then...I'm locked out, yet again, just like when the NYC blackout happened. But in this case, nothing happened at all. It was from one moment to the next. After much work, I got back in. But...I need to...
  9. Gmail Contacts

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Gmail Contacts: Having problem finding where to add mail contacts!!! Help. Watched few tutorials, but none showed my particular Gmail. Thanks
  10. Gmail Contacts Window Flashing

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail Contacts Window Flashing: When I open Chrome in Windows 10 everything works smoothly until I open contacts in Gmail. The window moves left & right making it difficult to use. It moves until I input a new contact and save it. Then it's fine. Without a new contact, it's really difficult to use. Has...