Windows 10: How to change default 3D viewer model

Discus and support How to change default 3D viewer model in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Currently, it opens up bee model. Having insectophobia i want to change it into something different or show nothing by default. Is it possible?P.S. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IlyaChernikov, Dec 4, 2021.

1. How to change default 3D viewer model

Currently, it opens up bee model. Having insectophobia i want to change it into something different or show nothing by default. Is it possible?P.S. I didn't find the correct sub-topic related to the 3D viewer app

:)

IlyaChernikov, Dec 4, 2021

2. Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Dec 4, 2021
  3. Models on 3D builder application are not displaying normally.

Hello,

Thank you for replying with required information.

1. Are you facing this issue with all the models in 3D Builder?
    2. Have you downloaded the models or have you created you own models using 3D builder application?
    3. In which file format are the models saved?
    4. Were you able to view the models in the 3D builder normally, prior to this issue?

Reply with the information to the above question for further clarity on the issue.

Meanwhile, I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue is specific to the user account. Refer the article on
    Create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

for steps to create a new user account.

we await your response.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Dec 4, 2021
  4. How to change default 3D viewer model

3D Models from Paint 3D appear weirdly textured and glitchy.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as the texture of the model is changing that you are creating in Paint 3D app.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the Paint 3D app version currently installed on the PC?
    • Did you try saving the 3D model in a different format?
    • What happens when you open the same 3D model in 3D Viewer or 3D Builder app?

Meanwhile, we would like you to reset the Paint 3D app and check if you have the same issue.

1. Press Windows + I key to launch Windows settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select Apps & feature from the left pane.
    3. Scroll down and select Paint 3D app on the right pane.
    4. Click on Advanced option and then click on Reset.
    5. Restart the PC and then launch the Paint 3D app.

Also try creating a 3D model in 3D builder and then check it on the Office PowerPoint app.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 4, 2021
Thema:

How to change default 3D viewer model

1. How to change default 3D viewer model - Similar Threads - change default viewer

2. Is it possible to extend default 3D Viewer to show my custom model format?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to extend default 3D Viewer to show my custom model format?: Is there an API to make a kind of plugin to view models in my custom format? I don't want to convert them into a well-known format that 3D Viewer supports because there're too much of these files i need to viewP.S. I didn't find the correct sub-topic related to the 3D viewer...
  3. Is it possible to extend default 3D Viewer to show my custom model format?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to extend default 3D Viewer to show my custom model format?: Is there an API to make a kind of plugin to view models in my custom format? I don't want to convert them into a well-known format that 3D Viewer supports because there're too much of these files i need to viewP.S. I didn't find the correct sub-topic related to the 3D viewer...
  4. How to change default 3D viewer model

How to change default 3D viewer model: Currently, it opens up bee model. Having insectophobia i want to change it into something different or show nothing by default. Is it possible?P.S. I didn't find the correct sub-topic related to the 3D viewer app...
  5. paint 3d 3d models copyright

paint 3d 3d models copyright: I am a 3D model maker.Can I use 3D models without copyright?please reply https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-3d-3d-models-copyright/a3325f48-05a8-4139-a4e5-1ebcdd65f4e7
  6. Paint 3D's 3D Model's Copywrights

Paint 3D's 3D Model's Copywrights: I am creating my company's logo via Paint 3D. I am using a lot of the 3D models in the Paint 3D library. I have resized them and added a lighting effect called "Minecraft day." Resizing them and changing the lighting is the only manipulation I have done to these models. These...
  7. Cannot open 3d models in 3D Viewer when EFS is disabled

Cannot open 3d models in 3D Viewer when EFS is disabled: Struggled with why we couldnt open 3D models in 3D viewer on any PC on our Domain when I finally discovered that if we have Encrypted Files System EFS set to "Don't Allow" in Group Policy, We get an error "Could not load 3D Model". If I set EFS to not configured or allowed,...
  8. Paint 3D Change Default Font

Paint 3D Change Default Font: Hi, Is there a way to change the default Paint 3D font to something else? Currently it defaults to Segoe UI, and I usually use fonts closer to the start of the alphabet, and I have a **** load of fonts loaded on my Windows 10 PC, so the scrolling is tedious. Can this be...
  9. Copyright on Paint 3D 3D Library Models

Copyright on Paint 3D 3D Library Models: Hello, I am developing an application for my Bachelor's Thesis and I would like to include 3D models using templates from the Paint 3D library. The Thesis (including the app) will not be published and will only be given to the people responsible for grading it. I have read...
  10. 3d model saving

3d model saving: Hi I have inserted a 3d model in PowerPoint. How can i save this 3d model to uce it in other apps like 3d builder. I inserted a swimming shark. then copied it and pasted in 3d paint. But now, it does not move it's fin as it did in PowerPoint....