Windows 10: How to change default Batch Rename protocols?

Discus and support How to change default Batch Rename protocols? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For my job, I do a large amount of saving documents from one location to another, and renaming sequential files. How do I get the default batch rename... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheSuppishOne, Nov 12, 2020.

1. How to change default Batch Rename protocols?

For my job, I do a large amount of saving documents from one location to another, and renaming sequential files. How do I get the default batch rename feature to change from adding a (1), (2), (3), etc... at the end of the file, and instead change it to -1,-2,-3, etc...?

Eg, let's say I have a few files named "Dog". Instead of batch renaming to Dog (1).jpg, Dog (2).jpg, and on, it will rename to Dog-1.jpg, Dog-2.jpg, and so forth.

submitted by /u/TheSuppishOne
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheSuppishOne, Nov 12, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Unable to change default app by protocol or filetype.

Hi, I don't have Acrobat installed. With Sumatra as my default pdf reader, that hyperlink to a pdf docoument opens in.. yes.. Sumatra. Changing to Edge:

How to change default Batch Rename protocols? [​IMG]

the hyperlink opens in... yes.. Edge.

If, as seems the case, Bluebeam is correctly associated with pdf files, I can't say why the hyperlink fails. Your guess about the protocol may be right- I don't know. If you could make any change to that to test that theory, as you suggest, that would help.

If you wish to view the relevant registry key, a convenient way to get there is via free Filetypesman - a rt click option.

How to change default Batch Rename protocols? [​IMG]

dalchina, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Can't change default browser for protocols.

So I eventually got it to work. None of the steps listed here worked. I tried again and again. The ability to change the protocol are either grayed out or don't work.

I finally went through all my file extension settings (by creating a dummy .htm and .html file), then setting the default browser for those (one was set to Chrome, one was set to Edge) to be the same (Firefox), and THEN I was able to set the https:// protocol
    to use Firefox and not Edge.

I have no idea why this worked, and I am frustrated it took so many steps and so many non-intuitive tasks and what may have just been fortuitous choices.

stephenmatlock, Nov 12, 2020
  4. How to change default Batch Rename protocols?

1803 bug: No option to add new file types nor protocols for default applications in Settings App

Everyone can change a default app. This is about creating a new file type or protocol for a default app. Your suggestion and the issue are different things.

Look at the screenshot, imagine there is a protocol URL:000 that isn't in the list... how are you going to add URL:000 to the list?

Kev Feathers, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

How to change default Batch Rename protocols?

1. How to change default Batch Rename protocols? - Similar Threads - change default Batch

2. How to change the FTP default protocol to windows explore?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change the FTP default protocol to windows explore?: Since all browsers have removed ftp url support I have been using IE as my default protocol. In June Microsoft will be removing IE from windows, so I wanted to just change the default protocol app to windows explore but I can't windows 10 does not consider explore an App what...
  3. batch rename files

in Windows 10 Support
    batch rename files: hello, id like to remove characters in file names... using cmd, ive been able to remove "." (the dot) and replace it with a space and but hopefully keep the extention id like bou.bou.bou.txt to be renamed to bou bou bou.txt i tried : ren *.*.??? * *.??? obviously i want to...
  4. Rename files in batch.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rename files in batch.: Hi All.. I am having some files nearly 2000 in nos. in a particular folder. I just need to replace some portion. Is it possible that I can do it instantaneously.. if so please guide....Details are furnished below.Old file Name : P12478-12-71-41-1781-01.dwg...
  5. Batch Renaming photos

Batch Renaming photos: I have been renaming groups of photps but suddenly its not doing it the same way. What I am doing: 1. Control A to select all photos in the folder 2. Right clicking first photo and selecting “rename” 3. Typing title, i.e. “March 2019” then hitting return In the past,...
  6. Can you change batch rename suffixes?

Can you change batch rename suffixes?: Hi, Currently, when I batch rename files, it shows as "NameOfFile #". However, is it possible to change the #, by something else like _# instead? Thank you...
  7. Batch Rename in Powershell

Batch Rename in Powershell: I'm trying to rename all the image files in a folder by appending a 1- in front of each file name using this command: Dir Rename-Item -NewName {$_.name -replace "IMG_*.*","1-IMG_*.*"} A typical file name is IMG_0001-Wolf.jpg. I get the following error message for each...
  8. How to Batch Rename files ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Batch Rename files ?: I have a lot of files i want to give names to. I already found a way to get names into a text I need. So all these names i have in text, i want to give to other files. How do i do this in a batch process ? Currently trying to learn FastStone Image viewer. Seems to be...
  9. Unable to change default app by protocol or filetype.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change default app by protocol or filetype.: We use Bluebeam to open pdf files. The .pdf file is associated with this program, so if I double click on a .pdf file, it opens with this program. However: If I make hyperlinks in Excel to .pdf files, and I click on the hyperlink, it opens with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. If I...
  10. Changing default MailTo Protocol in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing default MailTo Protocol in Windows 10: I would like to change the default MAILTO Protocol in Windows 10 to a program of my choice but it won't let me choose anything other than Thunderbird or Microsoft Mail. How do I select a specific program (in my case it is OEClassic). Thanks. 9971