Windows 10: How to change default image size and resolution?

Discus and support How to change default image size and resolution? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever I save a pic e.g. I downloaded a 200kb pic from the internet, opened in powerpoint, edited it then right-clicked save as picture OR I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nkk27, Dec 18, 2018.

1. nkk27 Win User

How to change default image size and resolution?

Whenever I save a pic e.g. I downloaded a 200kb pic from the internet, opened in powerpoint, edited it then right-clicked save as picture OR I downloaded a 200kb pic from the internet, edited it in the default photos app and then saved it, the image sizes are HUGE . 3 MB at a minimum with resolutions starting at 5000px x 5000px. I go through 100s of pictures a day and now have to upload everything to a resize tool and resize it and then compress it. Then download it AGAIN. I don't want a solution to manually compress and resize images.

I'm wondering if there is a way to change the resolution my images are being saved at the original time of saving, automatically?

Thanks!

:)

nkk27, Dec 18, 2018

2. Change text etc size

Hi,

To help you with your concern, we suggest you adjust your screen resolution and choose your desired screen size. Steps do to that are below:

• Right-click on the Start button, and choose Control Panel.
    • Click Appearance and Personalization.
    • Select Display, then Adjust Resolution.
    • Drag the slider for Resolution to test and choose your desired screen size.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Dec 18, 2018
  4. How to change default image size and resolution?

How to change font size in Windows 10 and set them to default?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As your concern is about changing the font size, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Are you referring to font size in Windows operating system/ with in the Windows Live Mail?
    • Have you installed any fonts on your device?

If you are referring to font size in Windows operating system, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Steps to restore the default font settings.

• Press Windows key, type font and select
      Change Font Settings
    • Click on Restore default font settings.
    • Sign-out from the current user account and re-sign in and check if it helps.

Step 2: Change the font settings

• Press Windows key, type font and select View fonts installed.
    • Click on Change font size in the left pane.
    • Under Change the text only, click on the drop down arrow choose the appropriate option and change the size you wish to and click on
      Apply.

If you are referring to Windows Live Mail, I would like to inform that it is by design you cannot change the font settings to default on Windows Live Mail. Instead, you can choose appropriate font size and fonts while typing the mail.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

How to change default image size and resolution?

1. How to change default image size and resolution? - Similar Threads - change default image

2. Changing display size instead of resolution?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing display size instead of resolution?: Dear Microsoft,Is it possible to change display sizing without changing resolution?To illustrate my issue is that screen 1 is my 15,6 inch 1080p laptop and screen 2 is my 32 inch 720p tv.I want my cursor to stay on the same height on both screens when moving it over but it...
  3. Changing display size instead of resolution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing display size instead of resolution?: Dear Microsoft,Is it possible to change display sizing without changing resolution?To illustrate my issue is that screen 1 is my 15,6 inch 1080p laptop and screen 2 is my 32 inch 720p tv.I want my cursor to stay on the same height on both screens when moving it over but it...
  4. Change default window size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default window size: I would like Windows Media Player on Windows 10 to reopen with the same window size it was closed. Currently Windows Media Player always opens with the window size almost maximised fullscreen but not quite, a few millimetres smaller than the screen. This is despite me...
  5. How to change default new image type

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change default new image type: I remember that before, you could right click and create a new image as PNG but now with Windows 10 it saves as a bitmap which isn't nearly as supported as PNG. I'd really appreciate it if there was a way to change it, as content creation is becoming a big hobby of mine....
  6. How to change Windows Explorer default icon size?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change Windows Explorer default icon size?: Similar problem here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-files/how-do-i-change-the-default-file-explorer-view-to/4dad9764-dcab-420d-bd4e-99301e037be2 The most common advice is go to View > Folder Options > View tab > Apply to Folders, but that...
  7. How to change File size and Resolution in Paint & Paint 3D

in Windows 10 News
    How to change File size and Resolution in Paint & Paint 3D: [ATTACH]You can change the file size and resolution using Paint and Paint 3D in Windows 10. In this post, we will show you how to […] This article How to change File size and Resolution in Paint & Paint 3D first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. How to change size of Details Pane image preview

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change size of Details Pane image preview: Good day, I would like to know how to change the size of my Details pane imagine preview which will make viewing previews of visual files far easier than actually opening the file. I would like to implement this throughout our office so that everyone can browse our library...
  9. Changing the default paper size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing the default paper size: How do you change the default paper size from letter to A4. ALL the paper I buy in the UK is A4 and the letter size, although only slightly out, throws out my formatting, particularly when I do a mail merge or print a document with a header or footer. Again, Help. 56550
  10. Tutorial: How to change Windows 10 "default" resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Tutorial: How to change Windows 10 "default" resolution: I have stumble upon a strange problem when my Monitor is off, Windows back to default 1024x768 resolution, when i turn on the monitor, resolution is OK, but windows positions and sizes are messed up from the previous resolution. This is happening because some monitors...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone default photo size

2. change image resolution size windows

3. how to change dimensions and resolution

4. change default save as image sizr,
  5. change windows image resolution default