Windows 10: How to change default input language for Korean IME

Discus and support How to change default input language for Korean IME in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I'm using WIndows 10 Japanese edition, and I also use Korean IME. When I change IME Japanese to Korean, Korean IME is in English input mode.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ironsand, Jul 6, 2019.

1. ironsand Win User

How to change default input language for Korean IME

Hello,

I'm using WIndows 10 Japanese edition, and I also use Korean IME.

When I change IME Japanese to Korean, Korean IME is in English input mode.

I have to change Korean IME state English to Korean(Hangul).

How can I make Korean input mode(Hangul) is default in Korean IME?

Thanks.

:)

ironsand, Jul 6, 2019
  2. lieueez Win User

Korean Microsoft IME Language Defaults to English

I have the ENG US Language Pack installed on my Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10. I also have the Korean Microsoft IME Language Pack installed. I'm using the Microsoft Surface Pro Type Cover as well.

When I press ALT+shift to switch to the Korean IME the toggle is ALWAYS on English and I have to click on it to switch it to Korean. Can I set the toggle so the default input language is on Korean (가)??

Also, once it is set to Korean, if I click outside of the application or input field it defaults back to English and I have to keep clicking on the toggle constantly if I move between windows, tabs, or applications. This is extremely irritating. It seems
    like a problem with Windows 10, is there a solution to this?

lieueez, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Korean Microsoft IME Language Defaults to English

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please be informed that it is not possible to make an additional language as default since as you described that your base OS language is in English.

However you can change the language inputs by following the below steps.

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click on Clock, Language and region.
    • Click on language and check whether the computer has multiple languages.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 6, 2019
  4. How to change default input language for Korean IME

Korean Microsoft IME Language Defaults to English

this is a huge step backwards in QoL

my windows 7 was installed from a korean installer ( i did not want this) but i changed it to english later and never

had a problem to toggle input language with my keyboard buttons. now i have to use the mouse (even if its only

1 per reboot). it is very annoying.

please reconsider to make it possible to have english as the primary language but not the primary input so we can toggle

with our keyboards again

radelandkurier18, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

How to change default input language for Korean IME

1. How to change default input language for Korean IME - Similar Threads - change default input

2. korean IME documentation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    korean IME documentation: i have noticed that recent updates to the korean IME input have had some issues for recent updates of windows 11. for a few updates, the extended hanja didnt display definitions and the full-width option was nonfunctional, along with other problems. they have since patched...
  3. korean IME documentation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    korean IME documentation: i have noticed that recent updates to the korean IME input have had some issues for recent updates of windows 11. for a few updates, the extended hanja didnt display definitions and the full-width option was nonfunctional, along with other problems. they have since patched...
  4. Korean IME in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Korean IME in Windows 11: HiThanks for your reply! I bought a new pc and found that Windows 11 does not install me a Korean IME. So, I cannot type Korean in my pc at all. I did follow all of guides to have done Korean as a default language and installed all the Korean language pack. After all, my...
  5. Korean IME in Windows 11

Korean IME in Windows 11: HiThanks for your reply! I bought a new pc and found that Windows 11 does not install me a Korean IME. So, I cannot type Korean in my pc at all. I did follow all of guides to have done Korean as a default language and installed all the Korean language pack. After all, my...
  6. Korean Microsoft IME not prioritized

Korean Microsoft IME not prioritized: So i have seen questions about this before and want to clear this up at this point in time.I have added korean keybard to my keyboards. Korean keyboard consists of 2 keyboards, english and korean. So i have 2 keyboards, swedish my main, and korean which has english and...
  7. Korean IME does not default to Korean and constantly switches to English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Korean IME does not default to Korean and constantly switches to English: I am a native English speaker learning Korean, and the Korean IME's default and automatic behaviors really upset me.I installed Korean language support and then spent more than an hour trying to figure out why it behaves erratically I had the Korean keyboard selected but was...
  8. Korean IME does not default to Korean and constantly switches to English

Korean IME does not default to Korean and constantly switches to English: I am a native English speaker learning Korean, and the Korean IME's default and automatic behaviors really upset me.I installed Korean language support and then spent more than an hour trying to figure out why it behaves erratically I had the Korean keyboard selected but was...
  9. Korean & Japanese IME

in Windows 10 Customization
    Korean & Japanese IME: why do i need Korean & Japanese IME ? I dont speak either one.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/korean-japanese-ime/127122fd-5d4f-4661-bf79-509407fdbd0b
  10. Korean IME Input Lost Between Apps / Active Window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Korean IME Input Lost Between Apps / Active Window: I have several users that want to type in Korean without having to toggle their desired input method each time they click a hyperlink to go to a new web page or change browser tabs. So far this has been an issue in Chrome, IE, and Firefox. The process is open a browser,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can i set korean ime as my default keyboard input?

2. microsoft ime default to korean

3. why is korean microsoft ime different

4. default to english microsoft ime,
  5. korean input windows 10 problem,
  6. hoiw to make japanese ime the default,
  7. windows detault korean ime,
  8. problem with korean ime,
  9. windows 10 ime input mode change,
  10. IME not toggled korean language,
  11. make korean input default,
  12. set korean ime as default,
  13. windows 10 ime language korean,