Windows 10: How to change default input language for Korean IME

Discus and support How to change default input language for Korean IME in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I'm using WIndows 10 Japanese edition, and I also use Korean IME. When I change IME Japanese to Korean, Korean IME is in English input mode.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ironsand, Jul 6, 2019.

1. ironsand Win User

How to change default input language for Korean IME

Hello,

I'm using WIndows 10 Japanese edition, and I also use Korean IME.

When I change IME Japanese to Korean, Korean IME is in English input mode.

I have to change Korean IME state English to Korean(Hangul).

How can I make Korean input mode(Hangul) is default in Korean IME?

Thanks.

:)

ironsand, Jul 6, 2019
  2. lieueez Win User

Korean Microsoft IME Language Defaults to English

I have the ENG US Language Pack installed on my Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10. I also have the Korean Microsoft IME Language Pack installed. I'm using the Microsoft Surface Pro Type Cover as well.

When I press ALT+shift to switch to the Korean IME the toggle is ALWAYS on English and I have to click on it to switch it to Korean. Can I set the toggle so the default input language is on Korean (가)??

Also, once it is set to Korean, if I click outside of the application or input field it defaults back to English and I have to keep clicking on the toggle constantly if I move between windows, tabs, or applications. This is extremely irritating. It seems
    like a problem with Windows 10, is there a solution to this?

lieueez, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Korean Microsoft IME Language Defaults to English

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please be informed that it is not possible to make an additional language as default since as you described that your base OS language is in English.

However you can change the language inputs by following the below steps.

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click on Clock, Language and region.
    • Click on language and check whether the computer has multiple languages.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 6, 2019
  4. How to change default input language for Korean IME

Korean Microsoft IME Language Defaults to English

this is a huge step backwards in QoL

my windows 7 was installed from a korean installer ( i did not want this) but i changed it to english later and never

had a problem to toggle input language with my keyboard buttons. now i have to use the mouse (even if its only

1 per reboot). it is very annoying.

please reconsider to make it possible to have english as the primary language but not the primary input so we can toggle

with our keyboards again

radelandkurier18, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

How to change default input language for Korean IME

1. How to change default input language for Korean IME - Similar Threads - change default input

2. change input language

in Windows 10 Customization
    change input language: Hello, I just bought a hp Pavillion 360. Since my first language is Japanese, I tried to change the input language from English to Japanese. The basic language on display has been changed to Japanese successfully. However, I still have a difficulty in typing in Japanese. The...
  3. How to change the default language in win10?

How to change the default language in win10?: This problem is annoying. I have Chinese and English languages installed on my computer, and chose English as my first language. but English won't act as my default language. whenever I open an app, Chinese becomes my default languages. Here is my settings: [ATTACH]...
  4. Change the default input language when the computer starts

in Windows 10 Support
    Change the default input language when the computer starts: When the computer resumes from sleep or starts the input language, the one that the small symbol on the right of the bottom bar on the screen, is one of the 2 languages i set. I want it to be the second language. Should i change my region? will it help, there are many...
  5. Change default language

in Windows 10 Support
    Change default language: Have a clients PC, Windows 10 Home, that the default language was changed from French (Canadian) to English by a tech for troubleshooting here . (Florida) They're going back home (Canada) and wants the default language restored to the French. I'm not the original tech and...
  6. IME Japanese input

IME Japanese input: So, set up Japanese as my second input. Each time I hit alt + shift, it will switch to Japanese. However the annoying issue I am dealing with is when it switches to Japanese mode, it is in alphanumeric not hirigana mode, which is extremely annoying because if someone switches...
  7. Automatic Keyboard input language change

Automatic Keyboard input language change: Hello, I'm using surface pro 4 in Korea which was bought directly from America. So, English, (United States) US Keyboard and Korean IME are both on language preference. When I write something, I start with Korean IME and shift Korean to English and vice versa with simple...
  8. Change Default Language

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change Default Language: I was install the windows 10 pro with usb flash driver but the setup is choose no other option the language of Deutsch so I change the language in English. I no understood the deutsch language so please help me....
  9. How to setup Chinese IME (Zhuyin) with English input mode as default, system-widely?

How to setup Chinese IME (Zhuyin) with English input mode as default, system-widely?: Hi all, I started using Windows 10 recently, and there's a problem bothers me a lot. This issue seems to last for quite a long time since Windows 10 was out. And I know users with other languages might have this problem, too. All I could find online are alternative...
  10. Problem with input languages (changing)

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with input languages (changing): Hello to all! I have a weird problem and it doesn't happen all the time, so I can't reproduce it. I spotted it 7-8 months ago and it happens again and again, more and more. The truth is that it's more irritating, than an actual problem. I use a computer that has two...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 ime language korean

2. korean input windows 10

3. ime korean language windows10