Windows 10: How to Change Default JSON Editor in Windows Terminal Settings?

Discus and support How to Change Default JSON Editor in Windows Terminal Settings? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I newly installed Windows Terminal after downloading it directly from Microsoft Store. Due to being complete novice I clicked on the drop down arrow,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RT2709, Feb 14, 2020.

1. /u/RT2709 Win User

How to Change Default JSON Editor in Windows Terminal Settings?

I newly installed Windows Terminal after downloading it directly from Microsoft Store.

Due to being complete novice I clicked on the drop down arrow, selected "Settings" and mistakenly set the default JSON Editor as "open in web browser". So now every time when I click on "Settings" in Windows Terminal I open the path in a webpage.

I tried reset the "App Settings", tried uninstalling & re-installing it, nothing works.

How to reset the default JSON Editor? How to change the default JSON editor to VS Code?

Thank you!

submitted by /u/RT2709
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RT2709, Feb 14, 2020
  2. tehfusion Win User

Realmware BF4 Settings Editor.

Realmware BF4 Settings Editor 0.91

We have just released a hotfix for the preview version of our BF4 Settings Editor. As said in the posts above, DICE silently released a patch for the Battlefield 4 Beta, which changed the location of the settings files, breaking BF4 Settings Editor in the process. This hotfix resolves the issue, while also including a few other fixes and improvements. Be sure to update to the latest version!

Here is the full list of changes for this version.

Features:

• DICE silently released a patch which changed the location of the Battlefield 4 Beta settings files. BF4 Settings Editor now looks for the settings in the new location.
    • Fixed a bug where changing the system tray icon options would not properly update the icon's visibility.
    Fixes:

• DICE silently released a patch which changed the location of the Battlefield 4 Beta settings files. BF4 Settings Editor now looks for the settings in the new location.
    • Fixed a bug where changing the system tray icon options would not properly update the icon's visibility.
    Improvements:

• Added a tooltip to the system tray icon.
    • Improved the tooltip for the horizontal field of view setting.
    • Improved the tooltip for the stereo mode setting.

tehfusion, Feb 14, 2020
  3. tehfusion Win User
    Realmware BF4 Settings Editor.

Realmware BF4 Settings Editor 1.0

We have now released version 1.0 of our BF4 Settings Editor!

This is no longer a preview release, and the program has been updated to function with the full release of Battlefield 4 instead of the Battlefield 4 Beta. Be sure to update to the latest version!

Here is the full list of changes for this version.

Features:

• Updated to work with the full release of Battlefield 4.
    • BF4 Settings Editor will now offer the user the option of automatically copying their settings over from the Battlefield 4 Beta.
    • The program window is now resizable. The last used window size will be saved and remembered for the next time the program opens.
    • You can now export your Battlefield 4 settings back to the older Battlefield 3.
    • When importing/exporting settings from/to Battlefield 3, the Battlefield 3 settings files will now be scanned for errors. The user can decide whether to have these files automatically repaired.
    • Added support for the following settings:
      • Award messages.
      • Game mode messages.
    • Added support for the following key bindings:
      • All spectator key bindings.
      • All vehicle aim relative key bindings.
      • Toggle minimap.
      • Menu.
      • Menu / Scoreboard (hold).
    Fixes:

• Updated the default settings to match those of the full release of Battlefield 4. The default settings have been changed since the Battlefield 4 Beta.
    • Removed the "Off" option for the texture filtering setting, as this has been removed in the full release of Battlefield 4.
    • Fixed an issue with the joystick sensitivity setting, where it would be using a range of 0-1 instead of the expected 0-5.
    • Fixed a bug where dragging certain sliders to zero would cause them to become disabled.
    Improvements:

• Improved the look and feel of the GUI.
    • Moved the scoreboard, full map, and zoom minimap key bindings from the Common tab to the Infantry, Vehicle, Jet, Helicopter, Gunner, and MAV tabs. This matches the in-game menu and the way the controls work in the full release.
    We have been working hard on some other great features, such as the ability to easily share configurations with others online via a special code, as well as the ability to set multiple key bindings for the same control. These features are very near to completion, but unfortunately they weren't ready in time for the release of Battlefield 4. Stay tuned and expect another update to BF4 Settings Editor soon!

tehfusion, Feb 14, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

JSON FILES

Hi Acemere

The steps above create a dummy exe file, which you point windows to open json files with, then you delete the dummy exe and restart, When you restart the dummy exe will not exist, so Windows will not know how to open json files and that file association will
    revert to unknown and the icon should be the default white icon . ..

DaveM121, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

1. How to Change Default JSON Editor in Windows Terminal Settings? - Similar Threads - Change Default JSON

2. How to set Windows Terminal as the default terminal application in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to set Windows Terminal as the default terminal application in Windows 11: [ATTACH]Windows Terminal includes Command Prompt, PowerShell, and some other command-line interpreter tools and makes it easier for the user to switch between them, as you can just change tabs to use the tool of your choice. That’s why many users want to set Windows Terminal...
  3. Can't set Windows Terminal as default because it is not detected in the list of terminals.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't set Windows Terminal as default because it is not detected in the list of terminals.: I am running Windows 11 stable version on my Lenovo S340 since upgrading from Windows 10.I looked in the settings of Windows Terminal to set it as the default application, but the list of terminal apps only contains Windows Console Host. The same is the case in the Terminal...
  4. Can't set Windows Terminal as default because it is not detected in the list of terminals.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't set Windows Terminal as default because it is not detected in the list of terminals.: I am running Windows 11 stable version on my Lenovo S340 since upgrading from Windows 10.I looked in the settings of Windows Terminal to set it as the default application, but the list of terminal apps only contains Windows Console Host. The same is the case in the Terminal...
  5. Windows 11 Windows Terminal Settings Defaults to a .json file that opens up in Firefox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Windows Terminal Settings Defaults to a .json file that opens up in Firefox: I want to change the default for Windows Terminal from Powershell to the traditional Command Prompt, but when clicking "Settings" in the drop down arrow of the terminal app, it simply opens up a .json file in Firefox.Here is the button I attempt to click:Here is where it...
  6. Windows 11 Windows Terminal Settings Defaults to a .json file that opens up in Firefox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Windows Terminal Settings Defaults to a .json file that opens up in Firefox: I want to change the default for Windows Terminal from Powershell to the traditional Command Prompt, but when clicking "Settings" in the drop down arrow of the terminal app, it simply opens up a .json file in Firefox.Here is the button I attempt to click:Here is where it...
  7. How to change default Height and Width of Windows Terminal window

in Windows 10 News
    How to change default Height and Width of Windows Terminal window: [ATTACH]Those of you who use the Windows Terminal know how important and, oftentimes, how frequent its use can be. You may find yourself arranging the size of the default Windows Terminal window every time you use it. Maybe it is too small for you or the other way around....
  8. How to set New Windows Terminal as default console.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to set New Windows Terminal as default console.: Anyone know how to set the new awesome Windows Terminal as default? If I go through the extension selector it doesn't find a program to be able to choose, it just directs me to the store, where I have already downloaded and ran WT. submitted by /u/datius [link] [comments]...
  9. "Registry Editor" system default setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Registry Editor" system default setting: I want to know how to restore system default settings of 'Registry Editor'. I just messed up with some of these settings and I don't remember exactly what I changed. So now I want to reset or restore these settings to system default (as it came with the windows) instead reset...
  10. set AutoPlay defaults with registry editor

in Windows 10 Support
    set AutoPlay defaults with registry editor: Do you know how to set the AutoPlay defaults with the registry editor? For example, I would prefer the default to be set to "Open a folder to view files (File Explorer) for "Removable Drive" and "Memory Card," but I don't exactly know how to set this in the registry editor...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. default json editor windows 10

2. change default editor for windows terminal settings

3. default json editor windows