Windows 10: how to change default save location from OneDrive to This PC

Discus and support how to change default save location from OneDrive to This PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have followed instructions in previous queries which say to change the default location in settings, but the dropdowns don't open so I can't make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by msmaven, Mar 20, 2021.

1. msmaven Win User

how to change default save location from OneDrive to This PC

I have followed instructions in previous queries which say to change the default location in settings, but the dropdowns don't open so I can't make this change. Do I need to be signed in to OneDrive to do this? Strange because the files still apparently save there.

I'm on a desktop. I tried to paste in a screenshot but apparently I can't do that here.

:)

msmaven, Mar 20, 2021
  2. dlobe Win User

Not able to change default save location to OneDrive

I have a clean install of windows 10 Pro (Build 10240) 64bit.
    Before clean install, my default save location was set to OneDrive. That's what I want.
    After clean install, USB created from Media Creation Tool, I cannot change default save location from PC to OneDrive
    I want the default set to OneDrive but the option is not available in Settings, System, Storage. Only option available is This PC.

Please help...Thanks

Doug

how to change default save location from OneDrive to This PC [​IMG]

dlobe, Mar 20, 2021
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings

I am trying to save my files to OneDrive as a default. It has always worked as my default. For some reason, the default save location is now Recent. Something caused it to change. All default locations settings in Word Options, my computer and OneDrive settings are set to save to OneDrive. It appears my computer does not recognize these default settings.

Do you have any suggestions how I can have my default locations for files change back to OneDrive?

I use Windows 10. My computer is Dell XPS 8910.

See Screenshots. Screenshot with Recent highlighted shows my current default location as Recent. OneDrive should be highlighted.

Also, I reinstalled Microsoft Office.

Jerry

Jerry

Jerry8A, Mar 20, 2021
  4. how to change default save location from OneDrive to This PC

Default location to save documenets

Hi Frank,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if the default location is saved as OneDrive and we need to change it to local drive in default storage location.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Click on Start Menu and then click on Settings.

2. Click on Systems.

3. Then click on Storage.

4. Under Save Locations, change the location as This PC
    under New Documents will save to option.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

how to change default save location from OneDrive to This PC

1. how to change default save location from OneDrive to This PC - Similar Threads - change default save

2. OneDrive as the Default "Save As" Location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive as the Default "Save As" Location: Over the past couple of months, when "save as" new versions of word and excel documents, the default folder is OneDrive not the existing folder where I opened the file. This creates version control issues and makes it harder for me to find files in the future. How can the...
  3. OneDrive as the Default "Save As" Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive as the Default "Save As" Location: Over the past couple of months, when "save as" new versions of word and excel documents, the default folder is OneDrive not the existing folder where I opened the file. This creates version control issues and makes it harder for me to find files in the future. How can the...
  4. OneDrive as the Default "Save As" Location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I change the default saving location of files from onedrive to my own pc?

How do I change the default saving location of files from onedrive to my own pc?: I am having issues with onedrive being the default saving location so I wanted it to solve it by uninstalling it, which has now led to a new issue: files still saved to a onedrive folder and no settings to change it since onedrive no longer exists to change that. I tried...
  6. How do I change the default saving location of files from onedrive to my own pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the default saving location of files from onedrive to my own pc?: I am having issues with onedrive being the default saving location so I wanted it to solve it by uninstalling it, which has now led to a new issue: files still saved to a onedrive folder and no settings to change it since onedrive no longer exists to change that. I tried...
  7. How do I change the default saving location of files from onedrive to my own pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to Make OneDrive Not the Default Save Location

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Make OneDrive Not the Default Save Location: Running MS Office 2019 (installed version) in Windows 10, 1909. Every time I go to save an Excel or Word document, the default location that pops up is OneDrive. You then have to navigate back to your Documents folder. Is there a way/setting to change that? I'd like the...
  9. Changing Default Save Location

Changing Default Save Location: Just upgraded SSD and installed fresh version of Windows 10 version 1909. My SSD is the C: drive. Prior to the SSD upgrade, files such as Documents, Downloads, Music and Pictures were saved to my D: Hard Drive. Example: D: >Gagnon >Documents In other words my D:...
  10. Not able to change default save location to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Not able to change default save location to OneDrive: I have a clean install of windows 10 Pro (Build 10240) 64bit. Before clean install, my default save location was set to OneDrive. That's what I want. After clean install, USB created from Media Creation Tool, I cannot change default save location from PC to OneDrive I want...