Windows 10: How to change default Search Engine in new Microsoft Edge Chromium browser

Discus and support How to change default Search Engine in new Microsoft Edge Chromium browser in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Microsoft Edge Chromium browser is not just the best version of Edge we have till date, but it also offers turn of customization.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 15, 2019 at 12:12 AM.

1. WinClub New Member

How to change default Search Engine in new Microsoft Edge Chromium browser

2. changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

3. Cecil_IL Win User
    changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

Tried this 26 Nov 2015 to make Google.com my search engine and received report "Couldn't add this provider"

4. vbahl2003 Win User

Cannot Change Default Search Engine tyo Google in Microsoft Edge

Hi,

When I am trying to change my default search engine for my Microsoft edge browser in advanced settings I am neither able to type anything or select anything and add is disabled as well can anybody suggest how to fix this please. as per the notes mentioned
    for changing the default browser engine, the second step mentioned here below I am not able to perform as there is nothing enabled to either select or type the engine's website.

• Select More actions (...) > Settings and then scroll down to select
      View advanced settings. In the list under Search in the address bar with, select
      Change.
    • Select your search engine's website and then select Set as default. If you don't select the search engine, the
      Set as default button will be grayed out.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Vikas Bahl

Thema:

1. How to change default Search Engine in new Microsoft Edge Chromium browser - Similar Threads - change default Search

2. Chromium Edge browser?

in Browsers and Email
    Chromium Edge browser?: When will Chromium Edge be rolling out to general users? Will Chromium Edge be preinstalled on future releases of Windows 10? Read several reviews on this new Edge and looks promising. Just don’t want to keep installing Chrome every time I install Windows. So really my...
  3. Microsoft’s new Chromium Edge browser leaked online.

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft’s new Chromium Edge browser leaked online.: Microsoft’s upcoming Chromium-powered Edge browser has leaked online. Download links for the browser have been posted to file sharing sites and popular beta sharing forums. The leaked version appears to be an early copy of what Microsoft is expected to release in public...
  4. A first look at Microsoft’s new Chromium-powered Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    A first look at Microsoft’s new Chromium-powered Edge browser: Microsoft is rebuilding its Edge browser on Chromium. The software maker has been testing versions of this browser internally at Microsoft, and now The Verge has secured an exclusive first look at the early work thanks to a source who wishes to remain anonymous. While the...
  5. A first look at Microsoft’s new Chromium-powered Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    A first look at Microsoft’s new Chromium-powered Edge browser: Microsoft is rebuilding its Edge browser on Chromium. The software maker has been testing versions of this browser internally at Microsoft, and now The Verge has secured an exclusive first look at the early work thanks to a source who wishes to remain anonymous. While the...
  6. A first look at Microsoft’s new Chromium-powered Edge browser

in Browsers and Email
  7. How do I change default search engine in Edge (via registry)

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change default search engine in Edge (via registry): How do I change default search engine in Edge (via registry) 15167
  8. How Can I Change the Default Search Engine in Edge Browser?

in Browsers and Email
    How Can I Change the Default Search Engine in Edge Browser?: I don't like using Bing and I have Norton Security on my computer, so I would like to use the Norton Safe Search instead of Bing on the Windows 10 Edge Browser. Can you please tell me how to do this? Thanks. 76714
  9. Unable to change Edge Search Engine

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to change Edge Search Engine: Settings/View Advanced Settings/Search in the address bar with/Change The only choice is Bing. I am unable to add another engine (Google). [img] I am the ONLY user. I just upgraded from W7. Any ideas? 55190
  10. Change Default Search Engine in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Search Engine in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: This way of setting the default search engine in Edge worked fine until yesterday. Now even though I have selected StartPage as my default search engine via: Settings Advanced settings (View Advanced Settings) search in the address bar with (change search engine) It no...