Windows 10: How to change Default Sound Input Device in Windows 10

Discus and support How to change Default Sound Input Device in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; When you connect more than one microphone or another recording device to your Windows 10 PC, you can select which device you want to use by default. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 11, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to change Default Sound Input Device in Windows 10

When you connect more than one microphone or another recording device to your Windows 10 PC, you can select which device you want to use by default. In this post, we will show you how to change Default Sound Input Device in Windows 10. Change Default Sound Input Device We can change Default Sound Input […]

This article How to change Default Sound Input Device in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 11, 2021

2. Sound input and output

Hello Amin,

You can use an option in the tutorial below to change the default sound input device to be the microphone on the earphones.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/111310-change-default-sound-input-device-windows-10-a.html

If needed, you can use an option in the tutorial below to change the default sound output device to what you playing sound.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/102323-change-default-audio-playback-device-windows-10-a.html

Shawn Brink, Apr 11, 2021
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 11, 2021
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

Sound Quality / Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi J,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to troubleshoot sound issues after upgrading to Windows 10:

• Right-click the sound icon in the taskbar located at the bottom right of the screen and select
      Playback Devices.
    • Select the current playback device in use and by default it should be the
      Speakers
      . Double-click on it to open its Properties window.
    • Got to Advanced tab and change the bit rate to either of the following: 24bit/44100 Hz or 24bit/192000Hz. Depending on the speaker configuration.
    If that won't work, follow these steps on how to scan for hardware changes:

• Go to Start menu, search for Device Manager and click it.
    • Expand Sound and audio devices.
    • Right-click on the current sound driver and choose Uninstall.
    • Click on Scan for hardware changes and the updated driver will be automatically installed.

If the issue still persists, we suggest that you download the latest sound card drivers for Windows 10 from your PC's manufacturer website.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

1. How to change Default Sound Input Device in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - change Default Sound

2. Automatically change Default Audio Recording/Input device when the Default Audio...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatically change Default Audio Recording/Input device when the Default Audio...: I currently have a gaming headset w/microphone connected to my PC via USB, and another wireless headset w/microphone connected via Bluetooth. I frequently change between the two headsets depending on my current task. However, it's a minor annoyance to have to manually switch...
  3. How to change Default Sound Output Device in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Default Sound Output Device in Windows 10: When you connect speakers, headphones, Bluetooth headset, or other audio devices to your PC, you can select which device you want to use by default. In this post, we will show you how to change default Sound Output Device in Windows 10. Change Default Sound Output Device We...
  4. Default Audio and input devices changing rapidly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Audio and input devices changing rapidly: Hello, for starters this issue will only be fixed after a restart and seemingly starts up after I try and alter what my default communication or recording device is. It will then "seek out" for a lack of better terms, a device to set a default leading to my computer's audio...
  5. Sound input device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound input device: Hello World, I´m using Lenovo Tablet PC device but very often I face the problem of dead Mic, it says no input devices found in the settings and troubleshoot is also not working while it cannot detect the problem. Can anyone help me out to resolve the problem.........
  6. Change The Default Camera Input - Windows 10

Change The Default Camera Input - Windows 10: Hello, As far as I understand there is no option to select your camera input just like selecting recording device input. People suggest that to disable the unused cameras on "Device Manager" but this is not an elegant way to do it. So please add Default Camera Input...
  7. Windows 10 1903 not honoring default sound device for "Listen to" inputs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 1903 not honoring default sound device for "Listen to" inputs: This problem only started happening after I updated from 1809 to 1903 and I don't want to update to 1909 yet to see if it's fixed. I have two sound output devices, one is for my speakers, one is for my headset, I also have my PC listen to Line-In to the "Default Sound...
  8. How to stop windows from changing my default sound devices?

How to stop windows from changing my default sound devices?: This has been an ongoing issue that i really hate. everytime i plug in a new tv, a new controller, a new anything that windows recognizes has a speaker or microphone, windows will automatically change my default audio device and my default communication device to that new...
  9. cannot change default sound device

cannot change default sound device: i'm trying to play music through a bluetooth speaker. both the speaker and my laptop say that they are connected, but sound is only coming from the laptop speakers. so i check the default sound devices to see what's up, and i get this: [img] i am unable to check any...
  10. Change Default Sound Input Device in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Sound Input Device in Windows 10: How to: Change Default Sound Input Device in Windows 10 How to Change Default Sound Input Device in Windows 10 The default sound input device is the device that Windows uses to record or hear sound. When you connect more than one microphone or other recording devices...