Windows 10: How to change Default Sound Output Device in Windows 10

Discus and support How to change Default Sound Output Device in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; When you connect speakers, headphones, Bluetooth headset, or other audio devices to your PC, you can select which device you want to use by default. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 14, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to change Default Sound Output Device in Windows 10

When you connect speakers, headphones, Bluetooth headset, or other audio devices to your PC, you can select which device you want to use by default. In this post, we will show you how to change default Sound Output Device in Windows 10. Change Default Sound Output Device We can change default Sound Output Device in […]

This article How to change Default Sound Output Device in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 14, 2021

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Apr 14, 2021
  3. ShogoXT Win User
    Vista sound output to two devices

Ive tried to search this up, but so far I haven't found good results.

I have a Sound Blaster X-fi PCI-E and the Radeon 4890 HDMI audio for outputs.
    I have them both working separately on the audio devices list on Vista Home Premium.
    I FINALLY got screen cloning to work in games, but audio will only output to one or the other.
    This depends on what I have set to default.

Is there anyway to get Vista to output all audio to BOTH devices?

Thanks in advance.

ShogoXT, Apr 14, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

5.1 surround sound issue in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

If you’re connecting an optical cable the settings would be changed so try the following steps

Two options:

1. Use the optical S/PDIF output of your motherboard.

2. Use the HDMI output of your GPU. (This is what I'd recommend if you're using a HDMI display).

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel.

• Select sound.

• Click on playback devices.

For option 1- connect the cable and set the 'Realtek digital output' as default device.

• Then right click on it.

• Go to properties.

• At the rightmost tab select DTS or Dolby Digital or 5.1.
    For option 2-connect the HDMI cable through the receiver and set the 'Nvidia HDMI Output' as your default device. Then click 'Configure' and select 5.1 and check if it helps.

If the issue persist then, I suggest you to connect the speakers directly and check in the realtek audio manager if he gets the 5.1 option or not using the SPDIF\output.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

1. How to change Default Sound Output Device in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - change Default Sound

2. How to change Default Audio Output Device for Narrator in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Default Audio Output Device for Narrator in Windows 10: In the most recent version of Windows 10, PC users can now select the desired audio output device for Narrator speech output. In this post, we will show you how to change default Audio Output Device for Narrator for your account in Windows 10. For PC users that are blind or...
  3. How to change Default Sound Input Device in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Default Sound Input Device in Windows 10: When you connect more than one microphone or another recording device to your Windows 10 PC, you can select which device you want to use by default. In this post, we will show you how to change Default Sound Input Device in Windows 10. Change Default Sound Input Device We can...
  4. Is it possible to change output device for System sounds other than default?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change output device for System sounds other than default?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GrandeNJR [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mgda83/is_it_possible_to_change_output_device_for_system/
  5. How to change sound output of an app when switching sound devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change sound output of an app when switching sound devices: Everytime I switch from headphones to speakers on a fullscreen app, it does not have sound unless I restart the application. I've tried to change the output in the "App volume and devices preferences" but of course my app does not appear there. There was an option in windows...
  6. System sounds Output to device other than Default

in Windows 10 Customization
    System sounds Output to device other than Default: The Sound Setting dialog's App volume and device preferences dialog does not appear to let you set theOutput choice for System sounds to anything other thanDefault. If I use a headset for calls, it is handy to have the headset as my default device. I almost never want or...
  7. Can't find how to change sound output device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't find how to change sound output device: I right click on the speakers icon in the notifications area>open sound settings, but when I click on the down arrow, I can only see one output device available when there should be my speakers and headphones. I'm wondering if it is to do with a setting of the RealTek Audio...
  8. Default sound output

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default sound output: I have my computer connected to my TV via a HDMI cable. Is there any way I can get the sound to come out of the TV without manually changing the default "sound output" setting from the desktop to the T.V.? Initially when I connected the two the sound came out of the TV when I...
  9. Change Default Audio Output Device for Narrator in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Audio Output Device for Narrator in Windows 10: How to: Change Default Audio Output Device for Narrator in Windows 10 How to Change Default Audio Output Device for Narrator in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse to complete...
  10. Change Default Sound Input Device in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Sound Input Device in Windows 10: How to: Change Default Sound Input Device in Windows 10 How to Change Default Sound Input Device in Windows 10 The default sound input device is the device that Windows uses to record or hear sound. When you connect more than one microphone or other recording devices...