Windows 10: How to change default Webcam in Windows 10

Discus and support How to change default Webcam in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If your laptop’s internal webcam no longer works or has been replaced by a […] This article How to change default Webcam in Windows 10 first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 14, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to change default Webcam in Windows 10

WinClub, Jan 14, 2021

2. How to change default webcam in windows 10

Hello Geoff,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Method 1: If the Webcam is listed under Devices and printers, please follow the steps.

a. Press Windows key + X.

b. Select Control Panel.

c. Click on Devices and Printers.

d. Check if the Logitech webcam is listed.

e. Right click on Logitech webcam.

f. Click on Set this device as default.

Follow method 2 if webcam is not listed.

Method 2: What best we can do is we can disable the Internal webcam. You will be able to enable the webcam anytime you want.

Please follow the steps to disable HP Envy Webcam.

a. Press Windows + X, click
    Device Manager.

b. Click Imaging devices.

c. Right click on webcam.

d. Click Disable.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Setting up a webcam as the camera default

Hi Kevin

Method 1: If the Webcam is listed under Devices and printers, please follow the steps.

a. Press Windows key + R

b. Type: control printers

c. Hit Enter

d. Check if the Logitech webcam is listed.

e. Right click on Logitech webcam.

f. Click on Set this device as default.

Follow method 2 if webcam is not listed.

Method 2: What best we can do is we can disable the Internal webcam. You will be able to enable the webcam anytime you want.

Please follow the steps to disable HP Envy Webcam.

a. Press Windows + X, click Device Manager.

b. Click Imaging devices.

c. Right click on webcam.

d. Click Disable.

Andre for Directly, Jan 14, 2021
  4. How to change default Webcam in Windows 10

choose default webcam windows 10?

Thanks for the reply.

• Build 16299.192
    • No, I didn't changed anything.
    • I have 4 webcams 2 real and 2 virtual. (Logitech Brio, Logitech C920, Droidcam, Reallusion virtual cam
    I need to chose the default webcam, because UWP apps work bad when wrong camera is chosen at the start. For example, camera app will not let me change the camera if the first one do not works with it as intended. That is why I really need the ability to
    chose the default webcam. And that' not only me, many people seek the answer for 2-3 years here.

siskonfigg, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

How to change default Webcam in Windows 10

1. How to change default Webcam in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - change default Webcam

2. Default Webcam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default Webcam: I have a Yoga laptop with camera which I keep closed because I have 2 large monitors. I am in Windows 10. I just bought a new Nexigo webcam for the top of my monitors so I can do Skype, etc. It is connected and I see it in my devices but I think I need a way to to make...
  3. Set default Webcam for Windows Hello?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Set default Webcam for Windows Hello?: Hi, I´m using a Dell Laptop with built in webcam which is Hello capable and I also use a Dell WD19TB docking station on which I have a Logitech Brio 4K connected also Hello enabled. Usually it works fine: If connected to dock, the external Logi Brio is used to face...
  4. How to change the name of a webcam?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change the name of a webcam?: My first post here, so my apologies if this isn't appropriate for this sub. I've spent a couple hours trying to figure this out on my own. I have an external, USB microphone and cameras (a wired lapel mic and 2 Logitech C925e cameras). I can easily change the names of audio...
  5. how to change default font in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change default font in windows 10: My Windows 10 default Font is very thin and not easily readable. How to change the default font for a better view.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-default-font-in-windows-10/05f677d6-581c-4979-b771-6f1bdc0cb207
  6. How to change default camera in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change default camera in windows 10?: Hi guys, I just connected my ps eye camera to my pc. Online I found how to install the drivers and through the appropriate ps eye app on the pc I can select the camera and see through that. But if I want to use it also in skype or other apps, how can I tell Windows that ps...
  7. how to change webcam source

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to change webcam source: hi,is there any way to change the webcam in my facebook video call because it always uses the IR camera instead of the normal webcam [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-webcam-source/55972288-49bd-46dd-a250-9fe110e1bcdf
  8. Change default settings for a webcam?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default settings for a webcam?: Is there any way of changing the default-settings of a connected webcam? No, I'm not asking to change the default webcam, I'm asking about changing the default exposure-, white-balance- etc. settings so they don't have to be adjusted every single god damn time you boot up....
  9. Changing to a Webcam

Changing to a Webcam: Hello, My laptop is over five years old and the camera quality is AWEFUL! I bought a Logitech C615 to use instead but I cannot figure out how to set up the new webcam as the default camera and video. Please help...
  10. How to change Windows 10 default volume

How to change Windows 10 default volume: Its always set at 60 and I have to change every time when I start the computer. I can't seem to default it to anything else, searched so much online for an answer. (without having to download a new program or anything) I'm really surprised a company like Microsoft made...