Windows 10: How to change desktop icon on MP4 file to make it look like a docx?

Discus and support How to change desktop icon on MP4 file to make it look like a docx? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I and a friend of mine are trying to find out how we can rickroll our students, by making one of the files be an mp4 file for Never Gonna Give You Up.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/trotoson, Apr 1, 2020.

1. How to change desktop icon on MP4 file to make it look like a docx?

I and a friend of mine are trying to find out how we can rickroll our students, by making one of the files be an mp4 file for Never Gonna Give You Up. But we can't change the desktop icon under properties like on other file types, can we please get some help?

submitted by /u/trotoson
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/trotoson, Apr 1, 2020
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

3. kbailey1 Win User
    How to change file icon?

Thank you for the reply Shubham. So, I see those steps work when trying to customize a single folder icon. However, what I need to do is to change the icon for all docx files (the Microsoft Word documents). When I go through similar steps for a docx file
    (right-click, etc.), I see no customize tab. Further, I suspect that if there were a customize tab, then that customization of the icon would work only for that single docx file, not all of my docx files.

Is there a way to change the icon for all of my docx files?

Thank you.

kbailey1, Apr 1, 2020
  4. kbailey1 Win User

How to change desktop icon on MP4 file to make it look like a docx?

How to change file icon?

I need to change a file type icon. More specifically, my docx files (all of them) have changed to look like (not exactly, but very similar) my folders. I want to change these icons for my docx files back to the white document page (or something similar).
    Please advise.

Original title: change icon

kbailey1, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

How to change desktop icon on MP4 file to make it look like a docx?

1. How to change desktop icon on MP4 file to make it look like a docx? - Similar Threads - change desktop icon

2. Make desktop look like file explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make desktop look like file explorer?: Is there any way to do this in Windows 10? What I mean is, instead of icons on the desktop with the background, make it like the detailed folder view of file explorer. submitted by /u/ps4facts [link] [comments]...
  3. How to make Win10 look like Win7?

How to make Win10 look like Win7?: Hello, I am using windows 10 since a couple of months now and i cant get used to the new design.... How can i make it looks and feels like win7 ? submitted by /u/PiperidinDerivat [link] [comments]...
  4. how to change the icon of an mp4 file?

how to change the icon of an mp4 file?: im trying to make something but i want to change the thumbnail of the file but i dont know how submitted by /u/alliumCepa857 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j0llxf/how_to_change_the_icon_of_an_mp4_file/
  5. Is it possible to make a folder and when it opens look like a desktop?

Is it possible to make a folder and when it opens look like a desktop?: I have multiple folders on my desktop and I want it to open to look like another desktop not a folder open in Windows explorer? submitted by /u/Simmonsdude [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hheho1/is_it_possible_to_make_a_folder_and_when_it_opens/
  6. Can someone explain how to make the taskbar look like this? With the icon highlight...

Can someone explain how to make the taskbar look like this? With the icon highlight...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/fateofmind [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fcf4ns/can_someone_explain_how_to_make_the_taskbar_look/
  7. How to make the icons look like this.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make the icons look like this.: This are how my icons looks like: [ATTACH] How can I make the icons look like this:[ATTACH] This is something I really wanted to know because it looks better in the second photo and I think it is more beautiful and aesthetic, but I don't know how to do it that way, I have...
  8. How to make the icons look like this.

How to make the icons look like this.: [IMG] This are how my icons looks like: https://preview.redd.it/mg35coy93fe41.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=00d9115b78cba3361bd78c4cd1c96df9f0e1d7da How can I make the icons look like this:...
  9. How to make Windows 10 look like Mac

in Windows 10 News
    How to make Windows 10 look like Mac: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The macOS offers some inbuilt features that make the OS popular. The OS has been designed to make sure the creators get the maximum benefit and get their job done rather quickly. I used to admire the app launcher, but [...] This post How to make Windows 10...
  10. How to change file icons on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change file icons on desktop: If a file is saved on the desktop it is often not possible to change the icon associated with it. For example a pdf file usually has an Adobe Acrobat Reader icon which cannot be changed. However it is possible to change the icon if the file is saved elsewhere, for example in...