Windows 10: How to change Desktop location - Windows 11 22H2

Discus and support How to change Desktop location - Windows 11 22H2 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all,after clean installing Windows 11, I cannot change Desktop location. By default it is set to be in OneDrive location, while I'd like to have as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Artur_Jarosz, Oct 9, 2022.

1. How to change Desktop location - Windows 11 22H2

Hi all,after clean installing Windows 11, I cannot change Desktop location. By default it is set to be in OneDrive location, while I'd like to have as it was - in %user%/Desktop. But in Desktop properties there is no longer "Location" tab. I can do it for "Pictures", "Music" etc. but not Desktop. I would appreciation any help! Thanks!

:)

Artur_Jarosz, Oct 9, 2022

2. Can I Change My Default Desktop Location??

Hello Lucas,

You may change the default location for the desktop and library folders on Windows 10.

To change the default location of the folders, please follow these steps:

• Click Start, type This PC and press
      Enter
    • Right-click the Desktop folder and select Properties.
    • Go to Location tab and click Move.
    • Find the new location for the Desktop folder and click
      Select
      Folder.
    • Click OK to finish.

The steps must be done on each of the library folders.

Regards.

Devlin Sco, Oct 9, 2022
  3. Windows 11 Update 22H2 Failure and Problems

Hi Paul. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, here to help you.

Try these fixes for Windows 11 22H2 failure:

https://pureinfotech.com/avoid-problems-install...

https://windows101tricks.com/windows-11-upgrade...

https://www.windowscentral.com/software-apps/wi...

https://www.minitool.com/news/windows-11-22h2-i...

https://www.windowslatest.com/2022/09/22/window...

Report back results for each step so I know what else to suggest.

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Veteran MVP - Volunteer Moderator, Oct 9, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

How to change Desktop location - Windows 11 22H2

Preview of Windows 11 version 22H2 now available

Read more: Preview of Windows 11 version 22H2 now available | Windows 11 Forum

Brink, Oct 9, 2022
Thema:

How to change Desktop location - Windows 11 22H2

1. How to change Desktop location - Windows 11 22H2 - Similar Threads - change Desktop location

2. How to change photos import location in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change photos import location in Windows 11: Hello,I'm currently trying to import my iphone photos and videos to my computer, more specifically my D Drive HDD, from my iphone.It's automatically set to my C Drive which is an SSD so it has no where near the space to hold all my photos/videos. The only other location...
  3. How to change photos import location in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change photos import location in Windows 11: Hello,I'm currently trying to import my iphone photos and videos to my computer, more specifically my D Drive HDD, from my iphone.It's automatically set to my C Drive which is an SSD so it has no where near the space to hold all my photos/videos. The only other location...
  4. How to change taskbar location in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 News
    How to change taskbar location in Windows 11?: Are you tired of the Windows 11 Taskbar's new center alignment and want to move it to another location? While Microsoft has removed the legacy ability to move the Taskbar around in the new design, it's still possible to change its position using a workaround. To start,...
  5. Change Snipping Tool save location on Windows 11 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Snipping Tool save location on Windows 11 22H2: My Snipping Tool has the automatically save option toggled. It saves every screenshot into my onedrive pictures directory. I'd like to change this to another folder. How would I go about doing that?...
  6. Change Snipping Tool save location on Windows 11 22H2

Change Snipping Tool save location on Windows 11 22H2: My Snipping Tool has the automatically save option toggled. It saves every screenshot into my onedrive pictures directory. I'd like to change this to another folder. How would I go about doing that?...
  7. How to change Desktop location - Windows 11 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Desktop location - Windows 11 22H2: Hi all,after clean installing Windows 11, I cannot change Desktop location. By default it is set to be in OneDrive location, while I'd like to have as it was - in %user%/Desktop. But in Desktop properties there is no longer "Location" tab. I can do it for "Pictures", "Music"...
  8. Windows 11 22H2 desktop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 desktop icons: After upgrading to 22H2, my desktop no longer retains the icon setup I had. Now, every time I turn on my computer, my desktop icons are scattered randomly. This is quite annoying....
  9. Windows 11 22H2 desktop icons

Windows 11 22H2 desktop icons: After upgrading to 22H2, my desktop no longer retains the icon setup I had. Now, every time I turn on my computer, my desktop icons are scattered randomly. This is quite annoying....
  10. Desktop icons location changes

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons location changes: Hello everyone, I have a PC running Windows 10 Professional. Since the last 2-3 days I have observed that my desktop icons arrangement changes after I either reboot my PC or take my PC on remote support. I use teamviewer on my PC and frequently access my PC from home. I...