Windows 10: How to change desktop windows 10 pin security from 6 to 4? Office365

Discus and support How to change desktop windows 10 pin security from 6 to 4? Office365 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have office365 and set up our workstations to authenticate with our office365 accounts for login. However we are forced to use a 6 digit pin "based... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JM_JM_JM_JM, Feb 10, 2019.

1. How to change desktop windows 10 pin security from 6 to 4? Office365

I have office365 and set up our workstations to authenticate with our office365 accounts for login. However we are forced to use a 6 digit pin "based on the organization's security requirements". I cannot find where in my o365 portal to change this. Any ideas?

Thanks

:)

JM_JM_JM_JM, Feb 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Changing password back to a 4 digit pin

Hi John,

I would like to inform you that your query is bit confusing and what I understood is that you would like to change the Windows 10 sign in option to pin.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Are you able to access the desktop or able to login as you are telling that it tells that you are entering the incorrect password?

• Which is the build currently installed on the computer?

• Is the account a local account or Microsoft Account?
    I suggest you to sign out from the current account, restart the computer and log in with Microsoft Account and please follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • Click on Add under PIN.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.
    • Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.
    Hope the information helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 10, 2019
  4. How to change desktop windows 10 pin security from 6 to 4? Office365

How do I change my lock sceen password to a 6 digit pin on my HP ENVY m6 Notebook?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.
    • Type in the password for your User Account, then click the Ok button.
    • Select and enter a 6 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 6 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.
    • Enter your Windows password, then click the Ok button.
    • Select and enter a new 6 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.
    • Click the Finish button.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

How to change desktop windows 10 pin security from 6 to 4? Office365

1. How to change desktop windows 10 pin security from 6 to 4? Office365 - Similar Threads - change desktop pin

2. 6 digit pin when it should be 4

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    6 digit pin when it should be 4: Hi there,Last night I added my school account to test some stuff, I then removed it as I had no need for it, I then logged on this afternoon to my regular account and when using my pin it said I had to change it, I then re-entered my regular to change it to it and it says it...
  3. 6 digit pin when it should be 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    6 digit pin when it should be 4: Hi there,Last night I added my school account to test some stuff, I then removed it as I had no need for it, I then logged on this afternoon to my regular account and when using my pin it said I had to change it, I then re-entered my regular to change it to it and it says it...
  4. 6 digit pin when it should be 4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 4-digit online PIN vs. 6-digit PIN on Windows 11 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4-digit online PIN vs. 6-digit PIN on Windows 11 laptop: Hi, I bought a new W11 laptop and the setup process required me to select a 6-digit PIN. I also create a new microsoft account to use Officr 365 and setup a password there, no PIN.When I am on another laptop and logon to that new account's OneDrive I see all my documents incl...
  6. 4-digit online PIN vs. 6-digit PIN on Windows 11 laptop

4-digit online PIN vs. 6-digit PIN on Windows 11 laptop: Hi, I bought a new W11 laptop and the setup process required me to select a 6-digit PIN. I also create a new microsoft account to use Officr 365 and setup a password there, no PIN.When I am on another laptop and logon to that new account's OneDrive I see all my documents incl...
  7. Cant change 6 pin login back to 4 pin login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change 6 pin login back to 4 pin login: I have had my pc for 2 years now and its been running great, however, I recently switched schools and my new school uses Microsoft apps my old school used google and my brother logged into his school account to the PC, it was after this I was forced by the computer to change...
  8. Cant change 6 pin login back to 4 pin login

Cant change 6 pin login back to 4 pin login: I have had my pc for 2 years now and its been running great, however, I recently switched schools and my new school uses Microsoft apps my old school used google and my brother logged into his school account to the PC, it was after this I was forced by the computer to change...
  9. How secure is Windows 10 PIN?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How secure is Windows 10 PIN?: I have a Windows 10 PC and laptop. I have a PIN on both of them and on my laptop I have a fingerprint authentication enabled. How secure is a PIN. Is there a way to automatically lock the PC or laptop if PIN is entered wrong a certain number of times?...
  10. How can I change the initial pin number from 6 digits to 4 digits?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I change the initial pin number from 6 digits to 4 digits?: I set up my computer with a 4 digit pin. 2 weeks ago, a pop up said I needed to change my pin to 6 digits. How can I rest my pin to 4 digits?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change windows security pin

2. change windows pin to 4 digit

3. windows 10 forces me to use 6 digit pin

4. office365 require 6 digit pin,
  5. desktop pin change,
  6. if error then enter 4 digit in display 2 digit,
  7. changing 4 digit pin to 6 digit pin windows 10,
  8. office 365 log in policy four digit pin,
  9. how to pin windows security to desktop,
  10. how to have four digit pin for office 365 16 digit password,
  11. how to office365 pin 4 digit