Windows 10: How to change device sign in requirements as a 365 admin

Discus and support How to change device sign in requirements as a 365 admin in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am the windows Admin for my organization. I am trying to change the device policies around sign in requirements to windows devices. It seems that it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bill Kohl, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Bill Kohl Win User

How to change device sign in requirements as a 365 admin

I am the windows Admin for my organization. I am trying to change the device policies around sign in requirements to windows devices. It seems that it defaults to requiring a password to sign into windows devices. I would like to loosen this restriction by letting users decide how they would like to sign in. How do I do this? This feels like something that should be simple and straight forward but everything I found points to configuring device policies and this doesn't seem to change the requirement of a complex password. I am looking for less restrictions not more.

:)

Bill Kohl, Jun 16, 2022
  2. Tenforo Active Member

How to change admin user account name?

ah so main admin account is 'wizzle' which is what I am currently on
    I make another account called 'wizzle2' (with admin rights)
    I sign out of 'wizzle' and sign into 'wizzle2'.
    And once signed into 'wizzle2', then I do the command prompt step and find the SID for 'wizzle' that is listed and go from there?

Tenforo, Jun 16, 2022
  3. Tenforo Active Member
    Change device MS ID to Office 365 ID

Further to the only reply some time ago suggesting I contact a different forum; an ID is now fundamental to Windows 10 and required to use devices such as tablets & phones.

I purchased Windows 10 devices (Tablet & Phone) and was required to set up an MS ID i.e. @hotmail.com. I subscribed to Office 365 Business Premium and transferred my domain thus can sign in to these services using @mydomain.com.

I want to change my devices so that @mydomain.com is primary, so that they use Office 365 One Drive etc. rather than @hotmail. How do I do this?

I have read a multitude of articles which have had me running in circles for a while, hence I would be grateful of clear instructions on how this can be done.

Tenforo, Jun 16, 2022
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Office 365 Home and Personal Licensing and Activation Improvements

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...on/ba-p/788745

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

Tenforo, Jun 16, 2022
Thema:

1. How to change device sign in requirements as a 365 admin - Similar Threads - change device sign

2. How to change registry when not signed in as admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change registry when not signed in as admin: If I open regedit and try to add a key, I get access denied. When I then run regedit ad administrator, the current user changes and I cannot amend the registry for the user currently logged into windows. How do I amend the registry of a user who is logged in, who is not an...
  3. How to change registry when not signed in as admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change registry when not signed in as admin: If I open regedit and try to add a key, I get access denied. When I then run regedit ad administrator, the current user changes and I cannot amend the registry for the user currently logged into windows. How do I amend the registry of a user who is logged in, who is not an...
  4. changing admin email for my 365 account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing admin email for my 365 account: I wanted to change my main admin alias email.It says to delete the email and then add a new oneI went to do this and it said I wouldnt be able to login if I deleted the main email.I went to add a new one on hotmail but it said it was a "reserved domain" and wanted me to use...
  5. changing admin email for my 365 account

changing admin email for my 365 account: I wanted to change my main admin alias email.It says to delete the email and then add a new oneI went to do this and it said I wouldnt be able to login if I deleted the main email.I went to add a new one on hotmail but it said it was a "reserved domain" and wanted me to use...
  6. How to change device sign in requirements as a 365 admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change device sign in requirements as a 365 admin: I am the windows Admin for my organization. I am trying to change the device policies around sign in requirements to windows devices. It seems that it defaults to requiring a password to sign into windows devices. I would like to loosen this restriction by letting users...
  7. How to change device sign in requirements as a 365 admin

How to change device sign in requirements as a 365 admin: I am the windows Admin for my organization. I am trying to change the device policies around sign in requirements to windows devices. It seems that it defaults to requiring a password to sign into windows devices. I would like to loosen this restriction by letting users...
  8. require sign in cannot be changed . How do I change it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    require sign in cannot be changed . How do I change it: How do I change require sign in. area sheaded. I need to enter password every time PC goes to sleep. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/require-sign-in-cannot-be-changed-how-do-i-change/b4946b21-8226-46c8-b743-45a78aaeba7d
  9. Admin password required for sign-in password.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin password required for sign-in password.: Hey. Is there a way I can make windows to ask for my admin password to confirm when changing the sign-in password for windows? Just curious. 119339
  10. Office 365 Planned Service Changes for 2017 – Admin Action Required

in Windows 10 News
    Office 365 Planned Service Changes for 2017 – Admin Action Required: The goal of this post is to compile all announced Office 365 service changes for 2017, that may require admin action, into a single reference. These changes have been communicated via Message Center and are listed below in chronological order, based on the “Action Required”...