Windows 10: How to change disk guid

Discus and support How to change disk guid in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to change the guid of the disk that is running my windows 10 OS. The reason for this is i want to change the 'machine id' of my system. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 4tp01, Apr 23, 2020.

1. 4tp01 Win User

How to change disk guid

I want to change the guid of the disk that is running my windows 10 OS. The reason for this is i want to change the 'machine id' of my system. This unique machine id i think is determined from the guid of the disk.

I followed this guide (How to Change the Disk Signature of a Drive Without Losing Existing Data or Reformatting (howtohaven.com)) to change the guid of the disk. However, after rebooting, the OS doesn't boot. Do I need to perform an additional step in the OS after changing the guid?

I am doing this in a virtual environment using Hyper V and it is not an actual physical PC

:)

4tp01, Apr 23, 2020
  2. miahallen Win User
    miahallen, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 23, 2020
  4. DrPepper Win User

How to change disk guid

Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

How to change disk guid

1. How to change disk guid - Similar Threads - change disk guid

2. How to change hard disk security ownership?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change hard disk security ownership?: I rebuilt my computer when I put my hard drive back into the system and try to change ownership I kept getting this error. I don't even know where the F:\$RECYCLE.BIN is even located in my disk. [ATTACH]...
  3. Easy Guide: How to Change Account Name in Windows Mail in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Easy Guide: How to Change Account Name in Windows Mail in Windows 10: If you have multiple accounts setup in Windows Mail, to better manage and access your emails, you can rename the account. In this article we show you how to do that. Related: Getting Started with Windows Mail in Windows 10 Easy Guide: How to Send an Attachment in Windows...
  4. Easy Guide: How to Format an External Hard Disk in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Easy Guide: How to Format an External Hard Disk in Windows 10: In this article, we show you how to format a new external drive that you can use to backup purposes or store files. You can also check out the following articles additional tasks you can prepare your external drive: Partition a Hard Drive for macOS Time Machine and...
  5. Easy Guide: How to Change the Default Application for Viewing and Editing Images

Easy Guide: How to Change the Default Application for Viewing and Editing Images: In this quick guide, we show you how to change the default image for opening, viewing or editing your Photos in Windows 10. Easy Guides are intended to make it easy for users to follow instructions regarding basic tasks in Windows 10. Guides are a single info-graphic that...
  6. Easy Guide: How to Change Your Microsoft Account Name in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Easy Guide: How to Change Your Microsoft Account Name in Windows 10: If you sign into Windows 10 using your Microsoft Account email, editing your account name is not available from within the Settings interface. Users signing into Windows 10 using a Local Account, can still edit their account name using the following steps:...
  7. A disk management guide for windows 10, to change space from D drive to C drive

A disk management guide for windows 10, to change space from D drive to C drive: Free to Merge C and D Drive in Windows 10 to Get More Space on C Drive How do you merge two partitions C and D in Windows 10 so that you can get more space on C drive by combining C and D drive into one partition on your computer? A Windows 10 PC usually has four partitions...
  8. A disk management guide for windows 10, to change space from D drive to C drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    A disk management guide for windows 10, to change space from D drive to C drive: OK. This is the question I need help with. I did get to Disk management site. But do not know how to proceed to increase volume to C drive from D. Is there a manual for Disk Management for window 10...
  9. How do I change the output disk to F Local Disk

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the output disk to F Local Disk: Burn disk only to CD, unable to burn to local disk F https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-output-disk-to-f-local-disk/0a8aa8e1-9887-4d9f-8cbc-e8503c48e880
  10. How do I remove the Ubuntu/grub from a GUID/GPT disk?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I remove the Ubuntu/grub from a GUID/GPT disk?: All of the advice I've found regarding this issue seems to be related to MBR, and it doesn't work. 97333