Windows 10: How to change disk guid

Discus and support How to change disk guid in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to change the guid of the disk that is running my windows 10 OS. The reason for this is i want to change the 'machine id' of my system. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 4tp01, Apr 23, 2020.

1. 4tp01 Win User

How to change disk guid

I want to change the guid of the disk that is running my windows 10 OS. The reason for this is i want to change the 'machine id' of my system. This unique machine id i think is determined from the guid of the disk.

I followed this guide (How to Change the Disk Signature of a Drive Without Losing Existing Data or Reformatting (howtohaven.com)) to change the guid of the disk. However, after rebooting, the OS doesn't boot. Do I need to perform an additional step in the OS after changing the guid?

I am doing this in a virtual environment using Hyper V and it is not an actual physical PC

:)

4tp01, Apr 23, 2020
  2. miahallen Win User
    miahallen, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 23, 2020
  4. DrPepper Win User

How to change disk guid

Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

How to change disk guid

1. How to change disk guid - Similar Threads - change disk guid

2. How to increase Disk size in VirtualBox [Guide]

in Windows 10 News
    How to increase Disk size in VirtualBox [Guide]: [IMG]How often have we encountered a situation where the predefined disk size lacks space to accommodate more data? If you require more space on your virtual machine’s hard disk at a later stage, you will have to expand the virtual hard disk and partition. In this post, we...
  3. Guide - How to Change the Windows 10 Action Center notification sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Guide - How to Change the Windows 10 Action Center notification sound: This isn't a question, but a quick guide on how you can change the Action Center sound in Windows 10 as I noticed this has been asked multiple times, but never answered properly.You can change any of the default Windows sounds in the 'Personalize' menu. 1. Right-click on an...
  4. Guide - How to Change the Windows 10 Action Center notification sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Guide - How to Change the Windows 10 Action Center notification sound: This isn't a question, but a quick guide on how you can change the Action Center sound in Windows 10 as I noticed this has been asked multiple times, but never answered properly.You can change any of the default Windows sounds in the 'Personalize' menu. 1. Right-click on an...
  5. [guide] Modifying disk UniqueId +BootLoader to point at it

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    [guide] Modifying disk UniqueId +BootLoader to point at it: Hello, im now happily re-writing my post since while intending to ask how to do it after breaking my head on it, while writing this thread it forced me to check all things and it made me realize what and how to do it, so this is now a guide. First is the guide how to repair...
  6. How to change Volume Guid

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change Volume Guid: How can anyone change the volume GUID as it is shown in mountvol system command? For example, instead \\?\Volume{fc00ffd7-33b7-48ba-bddf-0a645f93feac}\ C:\ I want to set it \\?\Volume{e30f0393-0000-0000-0000-010000000000}\ Windows 10 Version Professional 2004 Thanks,...
  7. How to change voume GUID?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change voume GUID?: How can anyone change the volume GUID as it is shown in mountvol system command? For example, instead \\?\Volume{fc00ffd7-33b7-48ba-bddf-0a645f93feac}\ C:\ I want to set it \\?\Volume{e30f0393-0000-0000-0000-010000000000}\...
  8. Easy Guide: How to Format an External Hard Disk in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Easy Guide: How to Format an External Hard Disk in Windows 10: In this article, we show you how to format a new external drive that you can use to backup purposes or store files. You can also check out the following articles additional tasks you can prepare your external drive: Partition a Hard Drive for macOS Time Machine and...
  9. Easy Guide: How to Change the Default Application for Viewing and Editing Images

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Easy Guide: How to Change the Default Application for Viewing and Editing Images: In this quick guide, we show you how to change the default image for opening, viewing or editing your Photos in Windows 10. Easy Guides are intended to make it easy for users to follow instructions regarding basic tasks in Windows 10. Guides are a single info-graphic that...
  10. How do I remove the Ubuntu/grub from a GUID/GPT disk?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I remove the Ubuntu/grub from a GUID/GPT disk?: All of the advice I've found regarding this issue seems to be related to MBR, and it doesn't work. 97333