Windows 10: How to change display drivers

Discus and support How to change display drivers in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I’m trying to connect my laptop to my tv because it has no screen on it because it got smashed. But when I plug my laptop in to my 4k lg tv is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Zakk_383, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Zakk_383 Win User

How to change display drivers

I’m trying to connect my laptop to my tv because it has no screen on it because it got smashed. But when I plug my laptop in to my 4k lg tv is automatically changes to 4k 30hz and I want it at 1080p 60hz but the resolution box and the refresh rate box are ether greyed out or not there and the display drivers change to the Microsoft basic display drivers and I use amd integrated graphics drivers and when I plug my laptop into the tv and I press on the radeon software it says that there are no drivers installed but I have got them installed because I uninstalled them then reinstalled them using

:)

Zakk_383, Mar 19, 2023

2. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Mar 19, 2023
  3. Display resolution keeps changing

Hi Rick,

It might be caused by a faulty driver that's why your display resolution keeps changing. We
    suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the display driver, see steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.
    • For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right click your graphics card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Mar 19, 2023
  4. How to change display drivers

my display keeps changing to difrent sizes

Hi Kenneth,

To assist you better, answer the below questions

• What is the make and model of the system?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • Is the issue specific to a program?
    I suggest you to update the Graphic driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on Start button and click on Device Manager.

• Select the Graphic driver from the list by extending
      Display adapters.

• Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

How to change display drivers

1. How to change display drivers - Similar Threads - change display drivers

2. How to change display numbers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change display numbers.: Got a dual monitor setup, however my main display, already set to main display, is identifying as monitor 2, causing most apps to startup on my secondary monitor. Furthermore even when turned off, my secondary monitor still identifies, meaning I can't open and use a variety...
  3. How to change display drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to change display drivers: I’m trying to connect my laptop to my tv because it has no screen on it because it got smashed. But when I plug my laptop in to my 4k lg tv is automatically changes to 4k 30hz and I want it at 1080p 60hz but the resolution box and the refresh rate box are ether greyed out or...
  4. How to change display drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change display drivers: I’m trying to connect my laptop to my tv because it has no screen on it because it got smashed. But when I plug my laptop in to my 4k lg tv is automatically changes to 4k 30hz and I want it at 1080p 60hz but the resolution box and the refresh rate box are ether greyed out or...
  5. How to change displayed name?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change displayed name?: Hello!I have changed my name and now my deadname is showing everywhere - on the Microsoft apps and on my laptop. I really don't want to see my old name. What can I do?...
  6. How to change displayed name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change displayed name?: Hello!I have changed my name and now my deadname is showing everywhere - on the Microsoft apps and on my laptop. I really don't want to see my old name. What can I do?...
  7. How to change display language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change display language: My PC broke a month ago and I took it to someone my family knew to fix it. Yesterday I got it back, working greatly but with one problem, they installed windows in portuguese, as it’s my native language. But I never use my PC in PTBR for more clarity when troubleshooting and...
  8. How to change display language?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change display language?: When I try to change it, it says "your windows license only supports one language". I get that, I just want to change that one language. I dont need a multilingual system, I just want to change it from my native language (Dutch) to English. Is there a workaround to this? It's...
  9. how to change display

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to change display: how to change display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-display/3f4ee5cf-cc15-4a1e-a316-82ff995285fa
  10. How to change display in folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change display in folder: Hi. Can someone tell me how can i change display in (music) folder? To be more specific i want all the folders with tracks to show only Name and Bit rate. I set it to look like that when i first got Windows 10 but i forgot how and now system has updated and everything went...